Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Black Desert, Tacoma and Surviving Mars Now Available in Xbox Game Pass

• punkyliarpunkyliar289,607
  • 粉丝游戏粉丝游戏1,385,661
    Posted on 09 May 19 at 12:54
    Black desert 35.07gb
    surviving mars 5.71gb
    downlaoding right nowheadspin
  • Posted on 09 May 19 at 12:55
    I can't keep up - too many Games Pass games I want to play, not enough time.

Didn't Black Desert only just release on console? I wonder if it popping up so soon on GP is an indication that it fell flat on its face?

Tacoma is a nice little game. Doesn't outstay its welcome either, which is rare enough in this day and age!
  • regretregret1,816,592
    Posted on 09 May 19 at 12:56
    Black Desert is extremely P2W and even more extremely grindy but it is still a great game. Don't let it hold you back from enjoying it. Long time vet here so if anyone has any questions, hit me up. See you in the desert ;)
  • regretregret1,816,592
    Posted on 09 May 19 at 12:58
    Lurking Lawyer said:
    I can't keep up - too many Games Pass games I want to play, not enough time.

Didn't Black Desert only just release on console? I wonder if it popping up so soon on GP is an indication that it fell flat on its face?

Tacoma is a nice little game. Doesn't outstay its welcome either, which is rare enough in this day and age!
    No, BD is making crazy amounts of money right now on Xbox. It is just the perfect game for GP as a GaaS title with heavy microtransaction influences. Be wary, though: if you think your backlog sucks now, BDO will consume ALL of your time, lol.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 May 19 at 13:13
    Almost bought BD, glade I waited.
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,486,226
    Posted on 09 May 19 at 13:47
    I find it interesting that no one has completed Black Desert, yet some people got each of the achievement. It probably is an indication of some incredibly grindy tasks that you have to focus on each one at a time.
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 09 May 19 at 13:53
    There are like 20 physical copies of Surviving Mars at my local Five Below right now. It was a surprise to me it got a physical release at all. Odd to see small scale, lower budget games there. The 120 hour estimate put me off even spending a $5er on it so its still a pass to me.
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666222,879
    Posted on 09 May 19 at 13:54
    MrZombieChicken said:
    I find it interesting that no one has completed Black Desert, yet some people got each of the achievement. It probably is an indication of some incredibly grindy tasks that you have to focus on each one at a time.
    It's a MMO. Even if you do get all the achievements, you've definitely not completed it, and yes it's a grindy game. It's korean, and if you know anything about korean mmos they live off the grind.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
  • Posted on 09 May 19 at 13:58
    Thank God I dont buy Tacoma laugh
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer2,507,398
    Posted on 09 May 19 at 14:06, Edited on 09 May 19 at 14:06 by Gerbasgamer
    Very interested in Surviving Mars.

Played that one for a few hours when it was part of the free play days. Seems much more complex than games like Cities: Skylines or Aven Colony.

Tacoma as alright but not really up to the Hype it got.
  • ZalshaZalsha402,479
    Posted on 09 May 19 at 14:25
    Deathdealer108 said:
    There are like 20 physical copies of Surviving Mars at my local Five Below right now. It was a surprise to me it got a physical release at all. Odd to see small scale, lower budget games there. The 120 hour estimate put me off even spending a $5er on it so its still a pass to me.
    I love Five Below for this very reason. Was incredibly helpful in Skylander collection.
  • BasileusBasileus365,136
    Posted on 09 May 19 at 14:39
    I wanted to buy Tacoma at the last sales. Happy I didn't.
  • Johnny Fl3xJohnny Fl3x1,013,432
    Posted on 09 May 19 at 15:39
    Basileus said:
    I wanted to buy Tacoma at the last sales. Happy I didn't.
    Me too. Didn't feel like the amount of time to completion justified the price tag thoigh
    Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666222,879
    Posted on 09 May 19 at 16:34
    Zalsha said:
    Deathdealer108 said:
    I love Five Below for this very reason. Was incredibly helpful in Skylander collection.
    Only site you'll see people complaining about long games.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
  • Posted on 09 May 19 at 16:43
    Tacoma only one that has my unterest. Catch up on new twilight zone then probably give that a try.
  • MilkMilk98,319
    Posted on 09 May 19 at 17:11
    Glad to see Tacoma & Black Desert here. But still kinda surprised BD made it on gamepass. But hey it's the base game, it's only 10 bucks. dance
  • Posted on 09 May 19 at 17:41
    Time to fire up the Tacoma walkthrough.
    Like most, I have a big ol' backlog, but when smaller (1-10 hour) titles that interest me make their way to Game Pass, I gladly put other things on pause for a fresh experience.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 May 19 at 18:30
    I can hear Arnold's voice already!

Get your ass to Mars! (tape rewinds) Get your ass to Mars! (tape rewinds) Get your ass to Mars!
  • Posted on 10 May 19 at 01:39, Edited on 13 May 19 at 00:37 by Dark Assassin7O
    Hey, Just a heads up for everyone who may be planning to play Black Desert Online or simply Black Desert.. I did bought it for 10 Dollars a while back.. As soon when one day I was ready to play it.. I was thinking like, Hmm.. I wonder how does the PvP version works.. I wonder if I could participate or not.. Similar like Destiny (PvP known as The Crucible) or Neverwinter (PvP Game Mode called: Domination (I think) but the game mode itself is Harsh..) Well.. I search up some quick information.. And I was shocked to discovered that The PvP is not a Game Mode.. But it is a PvP Open World everywhere in Black Desert Online when you become Level 50.. SO!.. Basically the game wants me to become Level 50 and very likely interrupted by some troll player??.. As soon when I confirm my find and search.. I uninstall Black Desert Online right away.. Because I may enjoy some PvP but not the whole time though!! I am going to give this Game called: ' Bless Unleashed ' a try, Since I played The Beta (I found it randomly on Xbox Insider App on my Xbox One X) I did enjoy this game!.. Anyways Bless Unleashed is a free to play MMORPG game that is supposed to release this year somepoint.. It is different than Bless Online from The PC Side.. So... I still hope that this game ' Bless Unleashed ' is not Open World PvP.. Do I recommend Black Desert Online personally?.. Only if you like being interrupted by a random troll player in your world somewhere when doing a quest or something.. OR if you like to do Major PvP with MMORPG Style?. Sure go right ahead..But for me? Since I mostly enjoy PvE, I rather stick with Neverwinter and some elements.. Like Destiny 2...

One more thing.. The Customization on Character Classes in Black Desert is Gender Locked. Which means that, If you play as a Ranger example.. You only play as a Female Elf Ranger.. (As far I recall since I did played the beta a long time ago..)

Anyways.. That is all..

Good Luck everyone and Continue your path of Gaming! =)

UPDATE from 05/12/2019 at 5:32PM Pacific Time.

Hey everyone? I got some great news.. I got a buddy who is Level 50 and current plays Black Desert Online and tells me that ' YOU ' got the option to disable Open World PvP.. That means if you outside (Outside of a castle example..) then no one can attack or hurt you.. Unless you are in the arena or something made for PvP..

Alright everyone, That is all.. Good Luck on Black Desert and Good luck on your games!

Game on! =)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads