rad fad
Posted on 14 May 19 at 03:19
Got a feeling Just Cause will end up GWG soon but only $0.99...sold
Spiderman Noire
Posted on 14 May 19 at 03:46
God damn those are some bargain bin prices
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 14 May 19 at 03:52
Really wish Avatar was BC. I don't feel like hooking my 360 back up just for a 2 minute completion. Lazy life is real.
Arcturus Being
Posted on 14 May 19 at 03:55
Wow. I remember Avatar The Last Airbender was never on sale 7 years ago and paid $25 for it at Gamestop, got the 1k GS less than 5 minutes and got my $25 back. Drove 20 miles there and back too within the 7 day period.
OldSchoolBlood
Posted on 14 May 19 at 04:13
Mirror's Edge is one of the best games of last gen. It does have a learning curve, but if you put the time in it's a special game.
SuperPed13
SuperPed13
Posted on 14 May 19 at 06:21
Its going to take me longer to get my 360 out than it is to complete avatar
Calrethi
Calrethi
Posted on 14 May 19 at 07:24
Arcturus Being said:
Wow. I remember Avatar The Last Airbender was never on sale 7 years ago and paid $25 for it at Gamestop, got the 1k GS less than 5 minutes and got my $25 back. Drove 20 miles there and back too within the 7 day period.
Factor in the time and petrol costs for that 40 mile round trip and that 1000G cost you what? 😹
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 14 May 19 at 07:42
rad fad said:
Having 1000/1000d that game, I wouldn't recommend it even at that price. I'm sure it was impressive as a launch title, but it's got janky controls, no autosaving, a huge, bland map, and wayyy too many side missions.

At least there's a glitch that pops all the collectible achievements.
keoskey
keoskey
Posted on 14 May 19 at 07:47
zeldafanjtl said:
rad fad said:
Having 1000/1000d that game, I wouldn't recommend it even at that price. I'm sure it was impressive as a launch title, but it's got janky controls, no autosaving, a huge, bland map, and wayyy too many side missions.

Yes that glitch was a super time saver
[url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 14 May 19 at 09:05
Arcturus Being said:
Yeah, it had never been on sale for years, but now it's been on sale about 3-4 times in the last 6 months or so.
superniceguy
superniceguy
Posted on 14 May 19 at 09:55, Edited on 14 May 19 at 09:56 by superniceguy
When I bought Just Cause for £8.99 I thought if it went on sale it would be £4.49 or something, never expected it tobe under £1!

Such a sore subject and continues to rub it in.

When I got it, I sold my disc on ebay with Just Cause 3 (which included Just Cause2), the other month then buyer reports it missing and raises a case, ebay tells me I have 8 days but closes case after only 5 days refunding buyer, a day before buyer was going to contact me to let me know if it was received or not and I was going to refund. Now buyer never contacted me and I do not know whether he received it or not, so can not claim it lost and get my money back.

Another sale, and a buyer claims item damaged which was a clear fraud, as he asked me to add extra bubble wrap after he received dispatch email, he never mentioned about bubble wrap before but asked plenty other questions, and then when I said it was dispatched and sent out in ordinary jiffy bag like every other retailer does, he never stopped moaning about bubble wrap, then as soon as it arrived to him the next working day, he immediately claimed it damaged being disc was loose. I reported him to ebay with the evidence and they just treat him as normal and agreed to return item. I followed his feedback, he constantly left negative feedback to other sellers, saying they were rude and threatening, and did the same thing constantly complaining about item to get refunded. He is banned now though, and yesterday I got an email from the CEOs assistant saying that he looked at my complaints and ebay did nothing wrong, as I packed item poorly, which is a load of rubbish. It was only packed poorly if it was going to be safe from a steam roller or something. If it was packed poorly then every seller out there is in trouble.

Ebay is con these days and full of frauds including ebay themselves. They just look after buyer now, and let sellers get ripped off. It does not matter if your seller rating is 0 or millions, buyers can buy in safe knowledge that if their item is not 200% perfect they can easily without question get their money back. I have been using ebay for 18 years, and I never realised it was this easy to get refunded until now. Ebay do not even liaise with you to try and fix the issue before refunding, if buyer is not happy, ebay do not care if you have done everything right, and will instantly refund buyer even if false claim, and can take money from paypal even if you have zero balance.

Sorry for rant Just Cause stirred up annoyances, and thought i would give heads up to those using ebay.

I use Facebook marketplace or Amazon to sell now, or just trade in games at GAME, CEX, musicmagpie or wherever.
DcupsOfJustice
Posted on 14 May 19 at 10:52
Just Cause for a $1. Should get it at that price just 'cause.
Eat lead, slackers!
ClassierPompano
Posted on 14 May 19 at 14:02
DcupsOfJustice said:
Just Cause for a $1. Should get it at that price just 'cause.
Just cause you can doesn't mean you should.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 14 May 19 at 14:26
Battlestations Midway is tempting, but I just don't need to keep adding games at this point. Maybe if it goes on sale again in the future I'll pick it up.
Efford
Efford
Posted on 14 May 19 at 15:30
Picking up Kane and Lynch with the hopes of it going Backward Compatible
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 14 May 19 at 16:02
zeldafanjtl said:
rad fad said:

To each his own, and all that, but I felt like I had to weigh in: If you like open-world, collect-a-thon type games, Just Cause is a steal at that price! I didn't know about any collectible glitch when I played it, so I got everything the hard way, and I still enjoyed it, immensely! The gripes are legitimate, and I could see that being off-putting to a lot of gamers, these days, but I found Just Cause to be a very fun and relaxing grind for 1000/1000. Plus, there are only a handful of games that allow this much freedom and destruction, which is a big plus for me. Flying a helicopter as high as you can gives some impressive views of the bland map, especially when you jump out and free-fall for as long as you want.

Now I want to finish JC2 and move on to the current-gen versions. I never should have put those off for so long. Thanks for the reminder, zeldafanjtl!
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
FireDrake007
FireDrake007
Posted on 14 May 19 at 19:32, Edited on 14 May 19 at 19:33 by FireDrake007
zeldafanjtl said:
rad fad said:

I got this game a few months ago also for $1. Can you explain the glitch please and how to achieve it?
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 14 May 19 at 20:10, Edited on 14 May 19 at 20:11 by zeldafanjtl
FireDrake007 said:
zeldafanjtl said:
rad fad said:

I got this game a few months ago also for $1. Can you explain the glitch please and how to achieve it?
Theundeadgod Just Cause All Collect Missions Completed Theundeadgod's solution for the All Collect Missions Completed Achievement in Just CauseCompleted Every Collect Mission

Just make sure to save before you do this, as this severely glitches things out and you'll have to reload the game.

This only pops the collect-related achievements. You'll have to do everything else legit.
FireDrake007
FireDrake007
Posted on 14 May 19 at 20:19
zeldafanjtl said:
FireDrake007 said:
zeldafanjtl said:
rad fad said:

Theundeadgod Just Cause All Collect Missions Completed Theundeadgod's solution for the All Collect Missions Completed Achievement in Just CauseCompleted Every Collect Mission

Just make sure to save before you do this, as this severely glitches things out and you'll have to reload the game.

This only pops the collect-related achievements. You'll have to do everything else legit.
Thanks. I might use it if I feel too lazy to try gain the collect related achievements.

BTW, is Avatar a good deal at that price? It seems a quick way to to get 1000 points but is the game itself worth playing?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.