Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Grind for Emeralds for the Minecraft Master Trader Achievement

• punkyliarpunkyliar178,216
  • Maw N PawMaw N Paw473,140
    Posted on 14 May 19 at 10:21Permalink
    Talk about a way to ensure completionists are forced to come back to your game after completing it beforehand. warning
    There is always a way.
  • Noodles JrNoodles Jr826,194
    Posted on 14 May 19 at 10:25Permalink
    That's a garbage achievement. Not looking forward to this at all...
    If at first you don't succeed, lag switch.
  • Posted on 14 May 19 at 10:33Permalink
    Ouch.
    This doesn't look fun.
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite2,115,922
    Posted on 14 May 19 at 10:41Permalink
    Eagerly awaiting a world ready to go.
  • Posted on 14 May 19 at 10:43Permalink
    Will be making a world later today though will be agrind nonetheless
  • Its Uncle KevIts Uncle Kev1,053,581
    Posted on 14 May 19 at 10:53Permalink
    If this tracks, then it’s more so just booting up tutorial and then gunning for it. Though that will still be grind and luck involved depending on what the traders want for the emeralds
  • Posted on 14 May 19 at 10:55Permalink
    Maw N Paw said:
    Talk about a way to ensure completionists are forced to come back to your game after completing it beforehand. warning
    FORCED laugh
  • dymagatedymagate552,865
    Posted on 14 May 19 at 10:58Permalink
    I've been real tempted to buy Minecraft since it's on sale at the minute. Have already spent a very large and unfocused amount of time pottering about on the 360 version. This does seem a bit of an odd choice to add a single grindy achievement rather than the usual charming and mildly silly updates.
  • SpilnerSpilner732,923
    Posted on 14 May 19 at 10:59Permalink
    The WP edition needs to die asap. Shit like this is why im glad the 360 version died
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • Posted on 14 May 19 at 11:09Permalink
    Love the game, but the trader achievement was one of my least favourite in the original game...still, I have my time spent achievement yet to get, so I shall just potter round trading!
    Legohead 1977
  • BlaizicusBlaizicus775,109
    Posted on 14 May 19 at 11:26Permalink
    It's not a bad achievement if you go for it just after starting the game. Only really sucks for the people that have finished this.
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer1,150,718
    Posted on 14 May 19 at 11:35Permalink
    Shouldn't be much of a problem when using an achievement world.
  • Posted on 14 May 19 at 11:43Permalink
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Just a final statement against notch.
    https://notch.tumblr.com/post/3940195633/the-state-of-minecr...

Notch never wouldve added this. Now 3 days before 10 year anniversary a grindy achievement without value and no new content is added along with this update
    They might change the achievement, if enough people complain about it. On the other hand, there are enough people who completed way more grindy achievements.
    Further, if Notch wants to complain about Minecraft, he shouldn't have sold it. I'm also glad that M$/Mojang didn't invite him to celebrate 10 years of Minecraft.
  • Posted on 14 May 19 at 11:51, Edited on 14 May 19 at 11:52 by Elliot PiersonPermalink
    Mr Peanutbubber said:
    Maw N Paw said:
    FORCED laugh
    Well yes, if he wants to be a completionist then he has been forced
  • SpilnerSpilner732,923
    Posted on 14 May 19 at 11:51Permalink
    SantaUndercover said:
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Just a final statement against notch.
    https://notch.tumblr.com/post/3940195633/the-state-of-minecr...

Notch never wouldve added this. Now 3 days before 10 year anniversary a grindy achievement without value and no new content is added along with this update
    They might change the achievement, if enough people complain about it. On the other hand, there are enough people who completed way more grindy achievements.
    Further, if Notch wants to complain about Minecraft, he shouldn't have sold it. I'm also glad that M$/Mojang didn't invite him to celebrate 10 years of Minecraft.
    It was posted Mar 18th, 2011. He was referencing that the promise of none of this 1000+ bullshit would happen.
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • FoogaFooga1,262,258
    Posted on 14 May 19 at 11:55Permalink
    I just have to go back and do the 360 version, but I’m glad I never started these. Having to repeatedly boot up multiple versions for one or two achievements at a time sounds super annoying. No thanks.
  • Posted on 14 May 19 at 12:14Permalink
    Lovely little ratio boost, though. It'll be grindy, yes, but not too bad for those with a plethora of resources.
  • Dyet1300Dyet1300451,727
    Posted on 14 May 19 at 12:32Permalink
    The adding of this achievement has now fixed "The Haggler" achievement, which was previously glitched on all platforms.

I just unlocked it on Nintendo Switch, and it's now been unlocked on Xbox One and Win10 by people on TA as of today.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.