Industry News Forum

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Netflix Is Going To Be At E3 2019, And They're Bringing Games With Them

AuthorMessage
CheshireMulisha
Posted on 14 May 19 at 19:31
You can play some of the telltale games on Netflix (Or at least could, not sure if they're still on there since they went bust)
CRISTIAMUZ
CRISTIAMUZ
Posted on 14 May 19 at 20:30
Bruh, that's crazy! I had no idea about stranger things 3 lol
Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
Tveilor
Tveilor
Posted on 14 May 19 at 20:41
There's that Narcos game also
Feel free to add me as a friend here on TA
CertifiedByron
Posted on 14 May 19 at 21:48
Lord Midas said:
Birdbox could be a blindfold simulator. It's a walking sim, where the screen is pitch black, and you pull the trigger to raise your blindfold. But you have to gently squeeze the trigger for a quick peek, otherwise, you see your hideous dead relatives and go mad and your character tops themselves in a particularly gruesome way.
This one wins! clap
Stephen Byron
Julz D 01
Julz D 01
Posted on 14 May 19 at 21:51
Bollywood movie simulator the game
NecroKaiju
NecroKaiju
Posted on 14 May 19 at 21:59
Johnny Broflex said:
Gonna guess this is like the Bear Grylls show on Netflix atm, where it's not an actual game but an interactive TV show
They started that "choose your adventure" thing last year with Black Mirror: Bandersnatch. It is much better than You vs. Wild as well.
Streets Ahead
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 14 May 19 at 22:04
Maw N Paw said:
I don't think Netflix should enter this territory. I feel like I have too many subscriptions ongoing as it is:

Netflix
Amazon Prime
NOW TV
Xbox Live
Game Pass

What about the ones I don't have yet, i.e. Disney+?

How long before they offer me a convenience all-in-one? warning
Exactly. For any MP games I’ve just moved to a Steam, larger gaming base and no subscriptions other than my internet usage.
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan
Vinn nniV
Vinn nniV
Posted on 14 May 19 at 22:07
As much as I like Stranger Things, I'm not in for a pixelated, "retro" Stranger Things Game...
rumandcokeslurp
Posted on 15 May 19 at 00:24
Maybe the Witcher series in the works will be like Bandersnatch.
Rob
Tsthdg
Tsthdg
Posted on 15 May 19 at 03:11
ew
Idk
Supertrouser
Supertrouser
Posted on 15 May 19 at 06:45
Like others said, seems likely to be some interactive content Netflix is pushing to call a video game.
However, I'd honestly be kinda down to see that. Like what Wales Interactive did with Late Shift, but a whole genre! Go for it netflix, easy cheevos laugh!
KindBunny957018
Posted on 15 May 19 at 07:37
I could easily see one of their action shows or movies becoming a Lego deal.
Killin' grubs is my business and business is good.
NoApologies1988
Posted on 15 May 19 at 07:44
Would definitely play a Bojack Horseman game.
KGI Klikopedia
Posted on 15 May 19 at 09:09
Only 1 game I need from them: The 100!
Mixer: KlikoTV
scrltspdrslayer
Posted on 15 May 19 at 10:57
I'm hopin the console ST game is as good as the previous mobile ST game, just have to wait and see. I would love to see a Voltron game, something more from that incarnation, after Playmates screwed everyone on the toys. Maybe a She-Ra game, suppose we'll just have to wait and see
Whoo! Where's my autograph book? Ha! Power Rangers, huh? So, Zordon's still using a bunch of kids
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 15 May 19 at 12:04
CheshireMulisha said:
You can play some of the telltale games on Netflix (Or at least could, not sure if they're still on there since they went bust)
Minecraft Story Mode was still there recently. There are also interactive games/series for Puss in Boots and others. I'm guessing they'll expand on that sort of content rather than full-on gaming.
TriDawg
TriDawg
Posted on 15 May 19 at 13:34
Maw N Paw said:
I don't think Netflix should enter this territory. I feel like I have too many subscriptions ongoing as it is:

Netflix
Amazon Prime
NOW TV
Xbox Live
Game Pass

I think Comcast is already trying to work out a deal for you! It'll be $189.99 for the first 12 months, and will come bundled with internet, tv, security, phone, gamepass, youtube, netflix, amazon prime, and verizon cell phone service. After 12 months it returns tothe normal price of $599.99 per month, and you have to sign a 60 month contract to get the service. Oh, but sign up now and they'll throw in all the hardware for free!
TriDawg
G THE RIPPA
G THE RIPPA
Posted on 15 May 19 at 15:21
Trailer park boys the game would be sick
FreedomIPhantom
Posted on 15 May 19 at 21:38
Maw N Paw said:

Netflix
Amazon Prime
NOW TV
Xbox Live
Game Pass

Yup... and 2 are from Xbox alone. You don't think that's 1 too many?

Christ people are their subscriptions. Just buy your content
So, Xbox is going full 3rd party Publisher now? Where does that leave us Hardcore Xbox console fans?
Emiinah
Emiinah
Posted on 16 May 19 at 02:37, Edited on 16 May 19 at 02:38 by Emiinah
Omg I’d love to play Netflix games like Stranger Things, Altered Carbon, Maniac, Narcos, Russian Doll, The OA.

Someone needs to make a game based on Westworld too. Love that friggin show.

Maybe even Vikings, although I’ve heard the next AC will be about vikings.
You child of a twon-ha!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.