The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

The 20 Quickest Game Completions from the May 14th Xbox Sale

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 14 May 19 at 14:00
Grab some quick and easy score for a discount

Please click here to read the story: The 20 Quickest Game Completions from the May 14th Xbox Sale
RevRico420
RevRico420
Posted on 14 May 19 at 14:22
Virtue fighter 5 would be quick if anyone actually played the online. And the training lessons could be skipped.
SkoochMG
SkoochMG
Posted on 14 May 19 at 14:25
I really appreciate these articles, they help narrow down sale items with a decent play time. Some times I’m into some easy GS, other times I appreciate games that aren’t days-and-weeks of involvement to complete. Play, enjoy, complete, and move on.

Either way, I’m wondering if there a way to apply TA math, ranking, and scoring magic to provide some kind of ‘completion time to cost’ or ‘time to score to sale’ score? Something where a $2 game with 2 hour completion is rated higher than a $6 game with 2 hour or a $2 game with 8 hour completion. Maybe even factor in the available TA or GS, like 200GS for $2 with 1 hour completion stands out before 200GS for $8 with 2 hour completion, but behind 1000GS for $4 with 2 hour completion.

Is there some fancy math that can create a score or ratio or something that could quantify some of that? Dollars per GS, dollars per hour, or (and this is made up nonsense as an illustrative a point) GS over TA times hours plus cost as the sale score or TA game value rating?

Not sure that’s doable and not sure that I’m making sense, but when these articles come out each sale - I immediate look to see what’s quick, what’s cheap, what GS/TA is available, and how involved the completion would be.

Just an idea.
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 14 May 19 at 14:27
Hyper Jam and Blackwood Crossing are still too expensive in my opinion. Might pick up The VideoKid though. I always thought if they started putting the ACA NeoGeo games on sale I would get them but it turns out I'm still not interested.
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 14 May 19 at 14:31
Think I might also pick up Oh My Godheads, think it'll be fun with my kids.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 14 May 19 at 14:35
Kind of wish this list was split showing 360 on one section and One on another.
There is always a way.
ManicMetalhead
Posted on 14 May 19 at 14:55
Pac-Man is easy for some, but I could see it being awkward. I took me ages to get the main sequence down and I still haven't had enough luck with getting all the ghosts four times in one level. I know the ghosts follow a set path, but the timing is a little tight.
Just as a heads up.
Zwaveldioxide
Zwaveldioxide
Posted on 14 May 19 at 15:00
Hyper Jam: €11,24 for a 0-1 hour game. Yeah, right. roll
>insert_original_signature.txt
ICE Faux Pirate
Posted on 14 May 19 at 15:17
Maw N Paw said:
Ya, that change along with the actual price so we don't have to have two windows up to check the actual price in a different article. I could care less what the discount % is, that means nothing to me.
Doc, Doc, noose
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 14 May 19 at 15:27
pezboyben said:
I always thought if they started putting the ACA NeoGeo games on sale I would get them but it turns out I'm still not interested.
Same here. I'm banking on the likelihood that they'll go on sale much cheaper towards the end of the console generation. Or they'll offer bundles for dirt cheap.

108 games x €3,50 = €378,00 = not happening.

108 games complete bundle for €99,00 = probably happening. smile
derektwopointoh
Posted on 14 May 19 at 15:36
Games like The Videokid need an asterisk to indicate a higher level of skill required. I could barely get through part of the first level. Definitely not a quick completion if you’re not very skilled.
DJ DEXTA
DJ DEXTA
Posted on 14 May 19 at 16:43
At a glance, who else thought the picture of this article was Goat Simulator?
Of course i have initiative..... im just waiting for someone to tell me when to use it.
derektwopointoh
Posted on 14 May 19 at 16:44
I totally did too lol
RuneSlayer4421
Posted on 14 May 19 at 17:20
ICE Faux Pirate said:
Maw N Paw said:
Ya, that change along with the actual price so we don't have to have two windows up to check the actual price in a different article. I could care less what the discount % is, that means nothing to me.
If you hover over the game name, it will show you the price. Doesn't work on mobile tho
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 14 May 19 at 19:40
ICE Faux Pirate said:
Maw N Paw said:
Yea, its pointless. Ive been saying this time and time again. For whatever reason they arent changing it even though itd be more efficient. Then of course youll get the randoms explaining why your so lazy and how you should just open extra windows and follow through link. Its like, we get it. Just bc there is a way to do it, doesnt mean you should ignore a change to make it more efficient lol
Matthew
Hanx
Hanx
Posted on 14 May 19 at 22:29
SilentJay76 said:
pezboyben said:
I always thought if they started putting the ACA NeoGeo games on sale I would get them but it turns out I'm still not interested.
Same here. I'm banking on the likelihood that they'll go on sale much cheaper towards the end of the console generation. Or they'll offer bundles for dirt cheap.

108 games x €3,50 = €378,00 = not happening.

108 games complete bundle for €99,00 = probably happening. smile
If you're playing ACA NeoGeo for gamerscore (like me), a lot of them are quite hard tbh. King of Fighters '94 had me pulling my hair out trying to get high score. The AI is silly hard, it's not even funny.
Emiinah
Emiinah
Posted on 15 May 19 at 06:22
Virtua Fighter is quite an easy completion including the online achievement which doesn’t even require you to win matches, just finish them. You might have trouble finding people however so I suggest boosting.
May the Yods be silent!
FailedSeppuku
FailedSeppuku
Posted on 15 May 19 at 06:36, Edited on 15 May 19 at 06:37 by FailedSeppuku
I'd read the achievements before diving into Neogeo games, some of them are deceptively hard, require practice, precision and skill.

If you buy them for fun, then they're atleast easy enough to get 50% of the achievements without much skill and great value for £3.
HipCagneyHop
HipCagneyHop
Posted on 15 May 19 at 07:38
You are an absolute legend and a master amongst gamers if you can complete VideoKid in 3 hours lol
HipcagneyHop
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 15 May 19 at 08:12
HipCagneyHop said:
You are an absolute legend and a master amongst gamers if you can complete VideoKid in 3 hours lol
That crazy huh? I’m still on the fence
Matthew
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.