Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

11 Games Leaving Xbox Game Pass at the End of May 2019

• MilkMilk93,359
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 19:02Permalink
    Well, I better start on JumpJet Rex, D4, Super Time Force, & Shantae. Wish me luck! smile
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead536,661
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 19:11, Edited on 15 May 19 at 19:14 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Dark Sonic X6 said:
    DeadlyName007 said:
    EDIT: D4 was a Games with Gold title a few years ago! I have forgotten about it.
    It was in GWG once.
    Doesn’t mean it won’t be again. There is nothing in the GwG T&C’s to say it has to be a different game. Many countries have already had many repeats, as did we all near the start - does nobody remember Crimson Dragon?
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • ZerodactylZerodactyl241,314
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 19:12Permalink
    How difficult are the Shantae and the Pirate's Curse achievements?
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead536,661
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 19:22Permalink
    DeadlyName007 said:
    Star Wars KOTOR is another game that is likely to be added in the Games with Gold program soon wink
    I believe this will be the trend - GamePass first, then GwG later.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • zhimmiezzhimmiez383,310
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 19:25Permalink
    What D4 is leaving??? I thought it had already left once. I swear it had already left once .... time to research this me thinks.
    'Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.'
  • Posted on 15 May 19 at 19:34Permalink
    zhimmiez said:
    What D4 is leaving??? I thought it had already left once. I swear it had already left once .... time to research this me thinks.
    You are correct, it at least appeared in the "Leaving Soon" section in February 2018: Xbox Game Pass Dashboard Indicates 12 Titles Will Be Removed in March

Whether it didn't end up leaving, or left and got stealth added back, I don't know, but I would guess the former.
  • DubstepEdgelordDubstepEdgelord1,000,846
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 19:42Permalink
    Well then, I got some work to do.
    DubstepEdgelord
  • Thanatos522Thanatos522147,659
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 19:59Permalink
    Just a throwout FYI IMO Shantae and Jump Jet are some platformy stuff that can get a little irritating if your just looking to chug through for chievos. Plus if you're a long time Gold memeber who downloads all the games wehter you play them or not I think Knight Squad layers of Fear and Starw Wars were GWG games.
  • justindoggyjustindoggy176,032
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 20:26Permalink
    OMG Saints Row 4 is also leaving Game Pass on May 31!
  • Lord GlennLord Glenn157,073
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 20:33Permalink
    Am on the Gamepass 3 month trial and have appreciated the opportuity to try some new games and get some achievements for games I would never have bought.
    Although I don't care for any of the games being swiped this time, it does make me nervous to see 10% of the library disappear in one go. I don't want or expect the list to grow ever larger but you need some kind of reassurance that you can have a game on your radar for a little while without feeling anxious every month that it will be gone before you get the time to play it.
  • gobey17gobey17775,762
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 21:49Permalink
    dymagate said:
    gobey17 said:
    Phew, Wasteland 2 still hasn't been touched. Better get back to it!
    I've been meaning to start that for a while now, got distracted by Thief Of Thieves this time somehow. How are you finding your Wasteland adventures?
    Well, I'm actually starting to get into it the more I play! Its got a lot of love and attention put into it's mechanics and role-playing aspects and a amusing sense of humour. It definitely pays homage to similar games of that era.

I'll admit though when I first played I was a bit unsure if I wanted to devote a lot of time into it, considering it's not the prettiest of games and the combat is somewhat straightforward (more or less x-com, just not as flashy), albeit slightly repetitive. Plus the achievements you pretty much need a guide if you don't want to miss anything. I'd recommend for old-school rpgs fans and Fallout fans (got a lot of vibes from how it structures itself).

Hope that helps! :)
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,136,856
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 22:31Permalink
    The best way Microsoft could solve the problems that game rotation brings, based on many of your complaints and my own gripes, is to give a clear and definite schedule in the game description as to its duration in the GP program. That way, we don't have to guess and run google searches for year old stories about what games are going to be taken. We will get to plan a little better when we want to start or complete games and know exactly how long we will have to tackle that copy of whatever has been sitting in our drive for 10 months without being launched.
    This will of course do nothing for those of us who procrastinate, but it would keep us more knowledgeable.
    Always number 2.
  • Posted on 15 May 19 at 22:43Permalink
    buttmudBrooks said:
    The best way Microsoft could solve the problems that game rotation brings, based on many of your complaints and my own gripes, is to give a clear and definite schedule in the game description as to its duration in the GP program. That way, we don't have to guess and run google searches for year old stories about what games are going to be taken. We will get to plan a little better when we want to start or complete games and know exactly how long we will have to tackle that copy of whatever has been sitting in our drive for 10 months without being launched.
    I completely agree. They should either give us an earlier heads up (1 month or so) or tell us from the start how long a game is going to be in the program. I personally want to play 3 games that are leaving, but now I'll be lucky if I play 1 in the next 2 weeks.
  • Xardas945Xardas945116,649
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 23:04Permalink
    D4 is a weird but good game, I'll play it again for missing achievements. I also recomend another game from the same developer - Deadly Premonition. I've never seen so many bugs in one game, but story and characters are great. I've played for 36h swearing a lot but it was worth itlaugh. Every quest done.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285318,624
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 23:43Permalink
    buttmudBrooks said:
    This will of course do nothing for those of us who procrastinate, but it would keep us more knowledgeable.
    100% what they should do. Wouldn't take much to simply add a number in the corner of the game tile with how many months/days it had left in game pass. I just managed to luck into finding someone willing to exchange me wins and race me 15 times in a private lobby to finish off online in motogp17. He enjoys and owns the game. I'm just trying to finish it before it's gone
  • BsmittelBsmittel918,882
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 00:23Permalink
    Got to the 13th post before whining about games being removed this time. We're getting better community. Good job.
  • gtbikegtbike350,960
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 00:52Permalink
    Not many people thinking that there is going to be a an E3 haul...
  • Posted on 16 May 19 at 01:06Permalink
    CrypticColors said:
    Well, I better start on JumpJet Rex, D4, Super Time Force, & Shantae. Wish me luck! smile
    Same for me plus Layers of Fear which I am playing right now.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 May 19 at 02:11Permalink
    Saints Row IV is also showing under the "Leaving Soon" section of Game Pass. Has this already been announced and common knowledge; I just missed it?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.