Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

11 Games Leaving Xbox Game Pass at the End of May 2019

• Hahaman4realHahaman4real377,478
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 05:30Permalink
    And Bring on Next month no matter the amount of quality games added.. Whiners will still be there when there are games leaving and the whiners a quick fix for you guys is that simply stop subscribing to gamepass its just not for you whiners
  • Posted on 16 May 19 at 05:55Permalink
    Disappointing to see D4 leaving again. I always try to get around to playing it but it gets pulled from Game Pass again. Hopefully it comes back in the not too distant future.
  • ZaidLVDonZaidLVDon167,209
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 06:22Permalink
    I think people forgot but more games are being announced soon and then June games on top off E3 bundle games which are 2-4 they do
    ZaidLVDon
  • Lord MidasLord Midas276,637
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 06:57Permalink
    This is fine. It's what Game Pass is about. Games come and go.
    Getting rid of this lot paves the way for more additions down the line.
    Hellsteeth!
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,136,972
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 09:25, Edited on 16 May 19 at 09:26 by Legohead 1977Permalink
    The irony of people posting here just to whine about people whining! (Now I'm whining about people whining about people who whine!)

In an ideal world the games would stay in forever, we'd all like that, and with any given removal there will be people who have started the game, and may not finish it or now feel pressure to do so, and people who wanted to play the game and have concerns about getting it done before removal, it's okay for them to express that without being labeled whiny.

It would be nice to have just that little bit more time, they must know that games are going to be removed earlier than the warning they give us, surely?
    Legohead 1977
  • GiinceeGiincee399,021
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 10:28Permalink
    SweetArkhane said:
    Visions of Gore said:
    Giincee said:
    That's why I don't get gamepass
    Whyshock
    I think that, the issue is with the ownership of the games. I'll talk for me but it may be the same for Giincee.

I don't like not owning my games. I accepted having them digital only, I accepted owning through a subscription service (GwG and/or EA Access), even if EA removes games from EA Acces, for now it seems that only sports games are removed (so I can buy those I've played for a very low price). But Game Pass is like Netflix, I don't own anything, if the game leaves, I have to buy it fast. The only reason I {#}pay{#} for Game Pass (we share the cost with my brother by buying 2 euros keys from allkeyshop, so it costs me only 1 euro per month) is Microsoft Games, and the discounts.
    Exactly! I've also accepted them as digital games. But yeah, I like to "own" my games and not rent it with a subscription. And yes I know that Gold is also subscription where you can get free games but you need Gold to play online so it's something like a basic thing on Xbox and Game Pass is just a optional thing.
    The other thing is that my backlog is already full enough so even more games through Game Pass is just money wasting.
    Another point is that I'm already really busy to complete games which servers get shutdown in the future. My nerves would get on fire if I have to look for Game Pass removals too.

So I'll pass with Game Pass at this point.
    I still have a code for a 1-month-subscription and I think I'll use it together with a month for 1€ but only to get some discounts in store.
  • Redd FiveRedd Five807,892
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 10:35Permalink
    I better get back into KotOR!

The only other one I'll lose is Laser League. That never grabbed me, but maybe I'll give it another go before the end of the month.
  • I ASK NO ONEI ASK NO ONE565,430
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 12:58Permalink
    Knight Squad is very frustrating from what I remember, I didn't find it so simple. I completed it, though.
    I ASK NO ONE
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,136,972
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 13:58Permalink
    I ASK NO ONE said:
    Knight Squad is very frustrating from what I remember, I didn't find it so simple. I completed it, though.
    It was originally quite hard, rumour has it that the challenges are much easier now following a patch. I finished it before the patch and I have completed the challenges for my friend's kids post patch. Not noticeably easier, but I don't think I had the same difficulties second time round.
    Legohead 1977
  • Posted on 16 May 19 at 14:07Permalink
    Shit, I have been grinding SMB:EI for months now. I doubt I'll get done in time.
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 07h 01m 34s (PS4 ; 2nd), 17d 07h 01m 36s (Xbox One ; 1st) Xbox 360 : 17d 07h 00m (hacked leaderboard)
  • Posted on 16 May 19 at 17:01Permalink
    gobey17 said:
    Phew, Wasteland 2 still hasn't been touched. Better get back to it!
    That's what I'm talking about! So happy it is. In other news I didn't know about until last week, InXile is joining with M$. Sooo, here's hoping Wasteland 3 is just as great but with updated everything. Fingers crossed...
  • Posted on 16 May 19 at 18:31Permalink
    BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:
    Shit, I have been grinding SMB:EI for months now. I doubt I'll get done in time.
    That was Games with Gold back in October 2016, so if you had Gold then, you probably won't be affected by its removal.
  • ShokuPanMikeShokuPanMike168,175
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 19:44Permalink
    EazyE2285 said:
    Guess I'll be doing Layers of Fear and Lego Star Wars this month too. Been trying to finish MotoGP but online is completely dead
    You know when you speed read you might get the wrong idea? Well I quickly ready 'Lego' and 'Moto GP'. Now then, why isn't that a thing? Lego Moto GP!! That would sell loads!
    Less work, more play!
  • Posted on 16 May 19 at 22:31Permalink
    So 18 games leaving but still 150+ to choose from and newer titles like The Surge were added today which will sit on my digital pile of shame :P
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN301,277
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 23:21, Edited on 16 May 19 at 23:23 by FOKENWOLFENPermalink
    I have around 5 months left of Gpass, and from the whole library of game pass, most of the games I care are in my backlog from GWG or maybe a random sale. The rest of the library of games, right now, I couldnt care less, besides ONRUSH Achievements , Hello Neighbor Achievements, RiME Achievements, Life is Strange 2 Achievements, >observer_ Achievements, Disneyland Adventures Achievements, Thief of Thieves Achievements and Human Fall Flat Achievements (I really hate this one). JumpJet Rex Achievements I dont think Ill be able to finish it on time. Oh Also shantae.
  • benvegbenveg366,896
    Posted on 20 May 19 at 17:21Permalink
    Super Time Force is fun and worth the TIME laugh
  • Posted on 01 June 19 at 04:19Permalink
    I was able to finish Layers of Fear and D4 before these games were taken out of gamepass. I was able to nearly get all the achievements for Layers of Fear as well. Only one missing is Omniscient which would require me to get a different ending on my 3rd playthrough.
  • Posted on 03 June 19 at 04:59Permalink
    What the hell, Jumpjet Rex still ran when I tested it... how come?
  • Posted on 03 June 19 at 13:55, Edited on 03 June 19 at 14:02 by xPut Name HerexPermalink
    Marcos Aspira said:
    I've read in comments on similar articles of the Game Pass games still working if you downloaded them prior to removal. I can't remember further details (such as how long it still works) though.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked some of the games that were supposed to be removed, and their Microsoft Store listing has them still included in Game Pass. However, they have all been removed from the official listing of games on the Game Pass website: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games

I guess there was a bug in this month's removals from the program. Expect Microsoft to fix it today as it's the first business day since the intended removal date.
  • Posted on 05 June 19 at 02:47Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Marcos Aspira said:
    I've read in comments on similar articles of the Game Pass games still working if you downloaded them prior to removal. I can't remember further details (such as how long it still works) though.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked some of the games that were supposed to be removed, and their Microsoft Store listing has them still included in Game Pass. However, they have all been removed from the official listing of games on the Game Pass website: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games

I guess there was a bug in this month's removals from the program. Expect Microsoft to fix it today as it's the first business day since the intended removal date.
    Tested it again just now and it still loads, guess it's just a matter of time
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.