TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Vote Now for June 2019's TA Playlist Game

• EarthboundXEarthboundX1,586,953
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 04:51, Edited on 16 May 19 at 06:26 by EarthboundX
    Shinnizle said:
    EarthboundX said:
    Arkham City is quite a long game, so long I can imagine a lot of people not being able to complete it in a month.
    It depends how easily sidetracked you get laugh The main story isn't so long, it's all the stuff you do on the side that adds up.
    I played the PC GFWL version when we thought that was all gonna go down years back, and it took me around 100 hours I think. Just all those challenges are 20-30 plus hours alone.
  • Facial La FleurFacial La Fleur1,280,821
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 04:56
    Arkham City gets my vote.
  • Posted on 16 May 19 at 05:24
    Ah man I'm gonna struggle to decide between these. The winner is probably gonna be Batman. Guess that works for me since its the only one I've started. I've been working on the "Storyteller" achievement for a while now and it would be fitting to finish it off as part of the playlist if it wins.
  • Posted on 16 May 19 at 06:52
    I think all 4 are good games, but honestly I am a big Batman fan! and Arkham City is such a Great Game!, so Batman voted! laugh
  • Posted on 16 May 19 at 07:01
    It was a toss up between Arkham City and Last Light. When the coin landed, it happened to be in favor of Arkham City since I haven't played the Return to Arkham version. I hope that one will count.
  • Posted on 16 May 19 at 07:27
    Currently playing through the Xbox One version of Arkham City so I'm voting for Darksiders II. If Batman wins and I'm still playing AC, then great. If DSII wins, I get to start the Deathinitive Edition.
    “How vain it is to sit down to write when one has not yet stood up to live…”
  • Marsi4egMarsi4eg93,469
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 09:50
    Voted for Batman first time, because it's one of my favorite game series, but remembered that crappy achievement that needs a year to earn:

Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360)StorytellerThe Storyteller achievement in Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360) worth 31 pointsHave 12 murderous dates with Calendar Man

And all those ~400 fight/predator challenges that may take another year to be completed. So be careful starting this game if you want to totally complete it. It was a pain when I did it on GFWL

So I re-voted to something else smile
  • AradorArador553,063
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 11:12
    Metro for me, gives me a good excuse to finally go back and finish off the 3 Achievement lists I have for that game
  • jbOblivionjbOblivion641,804
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 13:59, Edited on 16 May 19 at 14:00 by jbOblivion
    Voted for Metro as well, since I've had a copy of Metro Redux for many years but I still haven't really started either game (did the first Metro 2033 base game on 360). This would be the perfect excuse to do them now.

I'm hoping that the cumulative (Redux) achievements can be obtained by reloading checkpoints to save on playthrough times. I seem to remember that wasn't possible on the (Metro 2033) 360 game; I think you had to progress to the next checkpoint for the statistics to be saved.
  • atryeu1atryeu1315,327
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 17:42
    Marsi4eg said:
    Voted for Batman first time, because it's one of my favorite game series, but remembered that crappy achievement that needs a year to earn:

Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360)StorytellerThe Storyteller achievement in Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360) worth 31 pointsHave 12 murderous dates with Calendar Man

And all those ~400 fight/predator challenges that may take another year to be completed. So be careful starting this game if you want to totally complete it. It was a pain when I did it on GFWL

So I re-voted to something else smile
    Next month's date is my final one for the achievement so I'm excited to get that done finally :D Lots to do otherwise but I'm not interested in going back yet so I'm hoping Metro wins instead because I've never played that 2nd one and I didn't mind the first one.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,340,280
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 14:37
    EarthboundX said:
    Shinnizle said:
    EarthboundX said:
    Arkham City is quite a long game, so long I can imagine a lot of people not being able to complete it in a month.
    It depends how easily sidetracked you get laugh The main story isn't so long, it's all the stuff you do on the side that adds up.
    I played the PC GFWL version when we thought that was all gonna go down years back, and it took me around 100 hours I think. Just all those challenges are 20-30 plus hours alone.
    Oh I'm sorry. For some reason, when I read your post the first time, I either misread, or thought you meant complete the campaign. Yeah, the whole game probably takes quite a long time.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76619,194
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 15:43
    geordiedeviant said:
    How does a game that you can't even 100% make it onto a suggested list of playlist games?
    Come on!
    Because it's a "Play" List. Believe it or not, some people still play games for fun...
  • KalujoKalujo395,676
    Posted on 18 May 19 at 03:42
    I'd be happy to have an excuse to get back to Darksiders II. Metro is an awesome game but I've completed it twice now.
  • Posted on 18 May 19 at 12:37
    Isnt Darksiders2 broken? Uncompletable
    creeping monte i dont see how you isolated the starting letter
  • Posted on 18 May 19 at 14:24, Edited on 18 May 19 at 14:25 by HallowedClock8
    creeping monte said:
    I think the problem with darksiders is this achievement
    Darksiders IIPay It ForwardThe Pay It Forward achievement in Darksiders II worth 23 pointsGift An Item To A Friend

Making BFA impossible to achieve cry
  • atryeu1atryeu1315,327
    Posted on 18 May 19 at 17:49
    HallowedClock8 said:
    creeping monte said:
    I think the problem with darksiders is this achievement
    Darksiders IIPay It ForwardThe Pay It Forward achievement in Darksiders II worth 23 pointsGift An Item To A Friend

Making BFA impossible to achieve cry
    Yeah, that's what didn't work on the 360 version either :( Sad I couldn't finish but still a great game either way and I'm glad I bought it :)
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,640
    Posted on 18 May 19 at 21:44, Edited on 18 May 19 at 21:46 by Allgorhythm
    Haven't decided yet, but Darksiders II has a discontinued achievement. Whereas that, in itself, is not a deal breaker; Darksiders II does not have enough stature to make up for this serious flaw (IMHO). In my opinion, games with discontinued achievements should not be eligible for TA Playlist consideration.
  • CasualExileCasualExile1,667,507
    Posted on 19 May 19 at 11:24
    Hitman 2 for me.

I've done both Arkham City and Metro and as for Darksiders, I have no interest in it (and not just because of the unobtainables).
    I am a man of few words, but many riddles.
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,358,470
    Posted on 19 May 19 at 13:54
    Maw N Paw said:
    Voted Darksiders II for the sheer torment of players if it's chosen. ;) I'm personally working on others at the moment so no worries for me!
    Darksiders are awesome games. It amuses me so much how people will avoid a game they'd otherwise enjoy because it won't raise an arbitrary number on a digital profile that only they themselves care about laugh
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • Osmo76Osmo761,094,766
    Posted on 19 May 19 at 21:41
    Voted for Metro, as it is the only one I might play if it wins. Completed DS2 and Bats, don't own Hits.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.