Genre Discussion Archive: Pure

An archive messageboard for all things genres

Pure Multi-Genre Discussion

Related game: Pure

• Information
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 14:30
    Please use this thread to discuss this game's classification under the multi-genre system.

If you disagree with the current genres, please click the "Add genre disagreement" button below.
  • Information
    Posted on 15 May 19 at 14:31
    Elliot Pierson has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
    Motocross based on the fact that another ATV based game already has that tag.

You need to change the genre name from motocross to off road racing. Because a lot of the games under the tag aren't motocross by any definition
  • halohogghalohogg120,059
    Posted on 16 May 19 at 20:51
    Nah I disagree - Racing and Arcade Racing seems enough genre identification for these games. No need to clutter it up with psuedo sub-genres like "Motocross." Just like we don't have sub-genres like NASCAR or F1 within the Simulation Racing genre, I don't think we need a separate classification of motocross for Arcade Racing games.
  • Posted on 17 May 19 at 02:44
    halohogg said:
    Nah I disagree - Racing and Arcade Racing seems enough genre identification for these games. No need to clutter it up with psuedo sub-genres like "Motocross." Just like we don't have sub-genres like NASCAR or F1 within the Simulation Racing genre, I don't think we need a separate classification of motocross for Arcade Racing games.
    I didn't make the motocross genre, its already tagged in a bunch of games. But if it is to stay, then I suggest changing its name to 'off road racing' because any racing game fan will know that there is a big difference, and around 100 games on this site that fit into that category
  • halohogghalohogg120,059
    Posted on 21 May 19 at 18:55
    Genre Documentation
    Motocross remains undefined in the TA Genre List. I don't believe it needs to exist for any games since it is simply a sub-categorization of the Racing genre, and there are many other sub-categories of Racing that are not included in the TA genre system.
  • Posted on 22 May 19 at 10:33
    halohogg said:
    Genre Documentation
    Motocross remains undefined in the TA Genre List. I don't believe it needs to exist for any games since it is simply a sub-categorization of the Racing genre, and there are many other sub-categories of Racing that are not included in the TA genre system.
    Yes thats great and all, but all I'm doing is letting them know what games are missing from the tags they want
  • Information
    Posted on 17 May 23 at 06:37
    This post was archived by ChinDocta
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads