Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Castlevania Anniversary Collection Achievement List Revealed

AuthorMessage
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 16 May 19 at 02:35
Hoping the Contra collection is similar to this.
Jestingmeat
289,988
Jestingmeat
Posted on 16 May 19 at 02:43
State of Flow said:
Missing achievements for beating Super Castlevania IV and Bloodlines (one for each character) totaling 3 that were missing in the scan. Maybe there were others if anyone wants to peruse the ps4 trophy list and compare. Patience.
Yep, I was thinking the same thing.

This article should not have been posted until the information was complete.
Nighthawk205
287,108
Nighthawk205
Posted on 16 May 19 at 02:44
Zor El said:
BigWiIIieStyIe said:
There are so many series sometimes games get missed or series forgotten. Head over to the Series forum and point it out they will get it fixed. Same thing happened with Mortal Kombat 11 it wasn't in the Mortal Kombat series when they revealed it's achievements either.
they still haven't replied to my 2 month old DC Series post so I don't think they'd reply to this post either if I made it
Hey there. This has been added to the Castlevania Series

Additionally, we're unsure as to why your Wolf Among Us submission wasn't addressed previously as the team is generally on top of submissions we receive. I've pushed it to the forefront of the folks who determine entries into series on-site and it should be addressed in the next day or two at most. Many apologies for the lack of response!
Efford
625,394
Efford
Posted on 16 May 19 at 02:45
I’m liking this list
Nighthawk205
287,108
Nighthawk205
Posted on 16 May 19 at 02:49
Jestingmeat said:
State of Flow said:
Missing achievements for beating Super Castlevania IV and Bloodlines (one for each character) totaling 3 that were missing in the scan. Maybe there were others if anyone wants to peruse the ps4 trophy list and compare. Patience.
Yep, I was thinking the same thing.

This article should not have been posted until the information was complete.
We tried our best to catch this early on, but due to the way our scanners pulled in the title info, it missed 3 achievements, sadly. We wanted to inform our users as soon as we could that the title is available and achievements are live. Because of the nature of how our scanners work, we need one of the site developers to essentially force a re-scan of the title from the Xbox Hub site. Unfortunately, they're all based in the UK and it's the middle of the night, so we'll have to wait for them to get the list corrected. In the meantime, our team will be correcting the article to hopefully allay any confusion.
Zor El
376,060
Zor El
Posted on 16 May 19 at 02:49, Edited on 16 May 19 at 02:49 by Zor El
Nighthawk205 said:
Hey there. This has been added to the Castlevania Series

Additionally, we're unsure as to why your Wolf Among Us submission wasn't addressed previously as the team is generally on top of submissions we receive. I've pushed it to the forefront of the folks who determine entries into series on-site and it should be addressed in the next day or two at most. Many apologies for the lack of response!
well now I gotta eat crow, thanks for the update
Clutch Rino
697,009
Clutch Rino
Posted on 16 May 19 at 03:24, Edited on 16 May 19 at 03:26 by Clutch Rino
Pretty simple list.

Off topic but if you haven't watched the Castlevania series on Netflix I highly recommend it.
DoggyDog420
327,054
DoggyDog420
Posted on 16 May 19 at 03:33, Edited on 16 May 19 at 03:36 by DoggyDog420
Bsmittel said:
Do the in game menus work? Those still haven't been patched on the Arcade Collection and don't tell me about plug in another controller and do this and that, don't want to hear it laughwarning
This is exactly what I’m worried about.
VixyNyan
821,008
VixyNyan
Posted on 16 May 19 at 04:36, Edited on 16 May 19 at 16:04 by VixyNyan
The game menus work just fine for me. It's not the same as the Arcade Classics. You have a few options for screen aspect ratio, as well as background borders to choose from. 6 of the games has a Password system, while the other 2 require you to play from start to finish in one play. There's no rewind as far as I can see, but the save state option exist at least. The version I downloaded from the store is the Japanese version, and Simon's Quest remained the English version, while the 7 other games were Japanese ports. Quick and simple if you know exactly what you're doing~ music
Fight, VixyNyan~! For Everlasting Love & Snuggles~!
Ozbrithian
1,079,657
Ozbrithian
Posted on 16 May 19 at 05:08
I hope there's save states. If so this will be a fun and easy 1000.

If not, yeah I'm out. I'm not good enough.
It's wrong to break into someone's house. How would you feel if someone's house broke into you?
Drizzle 084
411,371
Drizzle 084
Posted on 16 May 19 at 05:08
Checking Xbox store for tbis right now, not available and I am on EST.
VixyNyan
821,008
VixyNyan
Posted on 16 May 19 at 05:43, Edited on 16 May 19 at 05:44 by VixyNyan
It was fun and easy, and I practiced and played each game beforehand, which is why I had the knowledge to do them just fine.
Drizzle 084 said:
Checking Xbox store for tbis right now, not available and I am on EST.
I downloaded mine from the Japanese store, I played it with Japanese region console settings, and after I completed the game, I re-downloaded it to an English version when I set the console to US region.
Fight, VixyNyan~! For Everlasting Love & Snuggles~!
MC PHILABUSTA
701,928
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 16 May 19 at 06:15
Let me buy this already damn it !!
Solo Wing 82
817,657
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 16 May 19 at 06:56, Edited on 16 May 19 at 07:26 by Solo Wing 82
I stayed up till 2:30 am waiting for this, as usually the new games are released at midnight or 2 amsometimes. Still its not available. Im not desperate enough tk go through the japanese region settings and all, especially with their new policies coming up. Il just play it later
Im actually at the point where there arent many xbox one games left to buy anymore. Theres only about 5 games out now that i still got to buy, this is one of them.
Solo Wing 82
817,657
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 16 May 19 at 08:39, Edited on 16 May 19 at 09:36 by Solo Wing 82
DoggyDog420 said:
Bsmittel said:
Do the in game menus work? Those still haven't been patched on the Arcade Collection and don't tell me about plug in another controller and do this and that, don't want to hear it laughwarning
This is exactly what I’m worried about.
The menus work like they should. It is a different menu , thank god. I don't know why they had to put the options menu on the L trigger though...
x Mataeus x
810,660
x Mataeus x
Posted on 16 May 19 at 08:44
I could have tea bagged an Argos e-reader and had my bollocks come up with a better achievement list.
"I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
MC PHILABUSTA
701,928
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 16 May 19 at 08:45
Why can I buy this still you can preorder 5 shit games why not these awesome collections??
Solo Wing 82
817,657
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 16 May 19 at 08:58, Edited on 16 May 19 at 08:59 by Solo Wing 82
MC PHILABUSTA said:
Why can I buy this still you can preorder 5 shit games why not these awesome collections??
go to the store and use the search function to find the game. sometimes it takes a while before its added to the new games section. or maybe it comes out there later.
Solo Wing 82
817,657
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 16 May 19 at 09:05
VixyNyan said:
It was fun and easy, and I practiced and played each game beforehand, which is why I had the knowledge to do them just fine.
Drizzle 084 said:
Checking Xbox store for tbis right now, not available and I am on EST.
I downloaded mine from the Japanese store, I played it with Japanese region console settings, and after I completed the game, I re-downloaded it to an English version when I set the console to US region.
you are a skilled retro arcade player. like all those mega man games, I bet you play through them like its a telltale game.
Fooga
1,167,683
Fooga
Posted on 16 May 19 at 09:30
Solo Wing 82 said:
VixyNyan said:
It was fun and easy, and I practiced and played each game beforehand, which is why I had the knowledge to do them just fine.
Drizzle 084 said:
Checking Xbox store for tbis right now, not available and I am on EST.
I downloaded mine from the Japanese store, I played it with Japanese region console settings, and after I completed the game, I re-downloaded it to an English version when I set the console to US region.
you are a skilled retro arcade player. like all those mega man games, I bet you play through them like its a telltale game.
Apparently you can use passwords and stage selection for some of the games as well so it seems pretty easy.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.