AuthorMessage
VeNoMz x UK
VeNoMz x UK
Posted on 16 May 19 at 06:51
Apparently raids are not having MM.

What is everyone's opinion on this?
CareBear1770
Posted on 16 May 19 at 11:43, Edited on 16 May 19 at 11:48 by CareBear1770
It's quite shitty to say the least, as it's guaranteed to leave out almost any player not, able or willing to join a super active and boldly filled Clan and this will, esp. on a console like the Xbox One (X), do more harm than good to the game where the player base is already smaller than on the other two platforms.

Many will, slowly or faster overtime now ditch the game for good, if they can't even try to participate in the best content that the game offers, without having either a boldly filled online friends list, or having to join a big Clan.

So, as is, Massive really shoots itself in the foot by leaving the Raid out of the once publicly promised MM, not to mention that they now have been officially caught spreading lies to their customers, which won't do them any good either.

Btw. i have yet to figure out myself how to get into the Raid(s) without being forced to join a Clan, which i don't want.

My friendlist, as it stays, is rather small and i sure as hell don't have 7 other friends (leave alone from the same region) available that play TD2, in fact only two of my current friends do - so what to do?
Bu5hranger
Posted on 16 May 19 at 13:26
It kinda sucks that they did not add this feature. But at least you can still use the LFG section on the game hub for the game.

Only problem with that is you're taking a gamble if you get good players or not as they will all be strangers. Maybe if they had enough feedback about it, they could implement a MM feature?
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 17 May 19 at 04:24
The reason they didn't add it is pretty evident if you watched the world first team and take into account how hard it was for them being that they were all no lifers and/Or streamers.

No way a half ass MM team beats it without optimized builds and amazing communication. Just meeting the minimum gear requirements won't get you passed the intro part.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 17 May 19 at 04:53
J4CKA1 said:
The reason they didn't add it is pretty evident if you watched the world first team and take into account how hard it was for them being that they were all no lifers and/Or streamers.

No way a half ass MM team beats it without optimized builds and amazing communication. Just meeting the minimum gear requirements won't get you passed the intro part.
They could tone down the difficulty in matchmaking. World of Warcraft has Normal, Heroic, and Mythic raids which have no matchmaking. After a while, they release a “Raid Finder” difficulty, which is easier than normal but has matchmaking. Games like Division and Destiny copied this formula, so there’s no reason why they can’t do something similar.

With that said, this raid is 100% getting nerfed. At the very least, the first boss is.
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 17 May 19 at 05:28
Fooga said:
J4CKA1 said:

They could tone down the difficulty in matchmaking. World of Warcraft has Normal, Heroic, and Mythic raids which have no matchmaking. After a while, they release a “Raid Finder” difficulty, which is easier than normal but has matchmaking. Games like Division and Destiny copied this formula, so there’s no reason why they can’t do something similar.

With that said, this raid is 100% getting nerfed. At the very least, the first boss is.
That's promising, i had 2 separate televisions showing 2 different streams and both teams were fighting that boss for HOURS, i thought the last Raid on Destiny 2 looked hard, this Raid today was pretty painful to watch.
CareBear1770
Posted on 17 May 19 at 06:25, Edited on 17 May 19 at 06:45 by CareBear1770
That's just because, nobody has it on farm yet since not even the said no lifers knew any of the tactics, plain and simple.

There's also proof out there that, with the right guides, tactics and a bit of wit, everything becomes a "run and done" breeze, in today's time of YT/Twitch and social media streams everywhere even more so, than back when i was leading REAL Raids in Age of Conan up to Tier 4 and beyond, about a very good couple of years back.

Wiping for weeks, hence, sometimes even months on a single boss i'm no stranger to, but as soon as you get it done right, everything becomes an easy peasy thing and those where, for sure as hell, no raids that you could also solo, like in Shiteny, but up to 24 man encounters instead, some of them, esp. on higher tiers where tougher than nails.

The best and most known guild in AoC was/still is called Destiny, but was luckily never based on that once PS4 exclusive pile of... whatever, so i remember the name Destiny in a very different light then most of today's gamer kiddos between 19-24 years old do.

However, turn it around as you like, but Massive/Ubisoft have been openly "playing" with their customers, by simply not delivering what they boldly promised everywhere - Matchmaking for EVERY activity in the game, so the way this was handled is simply not ok and no lame excuse like, but, but the difficulty yadiyadiyada, will ever fix that - end of story!

So, to sum it all up, i understand and support everyone who decided to return or sell TD2 in an instant, even if i for myself don't consider doing it.
YouCantSaveHer
Posted on 17 May 19 at 07:16
Saw the first completion stream of 5 hours .. I dont really have time to do that most days...think ill just go for base 1000 and srop there as much as i love the game.
Obtained the shadows rushed me.
CareBear1770
Posted on 17 May 19 at 11:08
Once tactics are set, well known and improved upon, it likely won't take
any longer than 1,5 to 2h max.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 17 May 19 at 13:49
CareBear1770 said:
Still, you're going to have to have a very optimized build to deal with the ads. This isn't destiny.
YouCantSaveHer
Posted on 17 May 19 at 15:03
Yeah i mean having not completed it you can't really put a timestamp on it. Yes.you'd have 8 players. But did you watch streams? Its chaoticly rough. Roosevelt island took over an hour. This will take up to atleaat 3 to 4.
Obtained the shadows rushed me.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 17 May 19 at 16:41
If you're playing on console, you probably arent beating it this week
Maxumilli0n
Maxumilli0n
Posted on 17 May 19 at 17:47
Unless you are a laser beam and can hit all your Headshots, you won't get past boomer.
AussieBigfoot
AussieBigfoot
Posted on 19 May 19 at 15:34
Bu5hranger said:
It kinda sucks that they did not add this feature. But at least you can still use the LFG section on the game hub for the game.

Only problem with that is you're taking a gamble if you get good players or not as they will all be strangers. Maybe if they had enough feedback about it, they could implement a MM feature?
Using the xbox built-in LFG kinda defeats Massive's defence for not including raid MM, as everyone would be randoms. Then again, all the missions I did in the division 1 & 2 were all with randoms, so I don't see why it was excluded from the raid at launch..! According to their state of the game this/last week, they will be adding raid MM, just not yet!

CareBear1770 said:
I know there's seemingly a huge difference between pc & console for the raid, but the current raid record is already down to 30 mins (17/5) .. https://youtu.be/iQ-yrOV7dC8 After reading the comments, the same team went faster on 18/5 at 23 mins https://youtu.be/lqECYsjkzhI
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 19 May 19 at 17:09
1 Xbox and 1 ps4 clan. That's how many have finished on console in the first 72 hours
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted yesterday at 22:29
This will have a nice, fat ratio on TA at least.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.