Site News Forum

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

PSA: Xbox Live Is Returning Achievement Unlock Timestamps That Are In The Future

AuthorMessage
Armstrong x360a
Posted on 08 June 19 at 05:38
D3m0nF0rc3 said:
Elyoh said:
{#}Could{#}. Sounds like you're being clickbait mate, name a GT that has had this happen.
Considering it has been a long standing Microsoft policy with the aid of an automated tool which has a name though I forget what that is and manned discression to zero an 'alleged' 'proven cheaters' gamerscore, lock all games currently in their tag to zero and lock their profile with cheater in various fields with a very vague appeals process, I think the potential exists that some may have suffered from false positives.

Google the term Microsoft gamerscore reset or Microsoft zeros gamerscore and you will find many complaints, some may be genuine. If thats click bait then so is just about any story of convicted fellons claiming their innocence.
Show us some proof that they have banned someone specifically because of this timestamp issue. Without it, you're just spouting hypotheticals to stir up a reaction.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 08 June 19 at 06:32
D3m0nF0rc3 said:
Elyoh said:
{#}Could{#}. Sounds like you're being clickbait mate, name a GT that has had this happen.
Considering it has been a long standing Microsoft policy with the aid of an automated tool which has a name though I forget what that is and manned discression to zero an 'alleged' 'proven cheaters' gamerscore, lock all games currently in their tag to zero and lock their profile with cheater in various fields with a very vague appeals process, I think the potential exists that some may have suffered from false positives.

Google the term Microsoft gamerscore reset or Microsoft zeros gamerscore and you will find many complaints, some may be genuine. If thats click bait then so is just about any story of convicted fellons claiming their innocence.
You're making the claim, the burden of proof is on you. The achievements are still legitimately unlocked, and for the purpose of your claim, verified by the Xbox achievement system. Now that doesn't negate people being accused of being cheaters here at TA, but it doesn't affect Microsoft end. It has yet to do anything other than ruffle the feathers of a few streakers, and there is no reason to believe it will do any more.

On another note, you're claiming innocent people have been zeroed on Xbox. No way in hell is someone going to tredge through 1000's of legitimate cheaters to try and find a supposably innocent one, you're again making the claim please provide the proof.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 08 June 19 at 09:04
I'd also expect that type of evidence to be ignored whilst this issue is ongoing. If you do come across proof to the contrary, please let us know though.
Play nice!
Haseo ATC
Haseo ATC
Posted on 09 June 19 at 01:15
Apologies if this has already been covered, but is this just a TA issue? My console shows the correct date for the achievement that, according to TA, I won seven hours after I actually got it.

This ended my 155-day streak on the site, just making sure it's the exact same issue as all these others.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 09 June 19 at 04:06
Haseo ATC said:
Apologies if this has already been covered, but is this just a TA issue? My console shows the correct date for the achievement that, according to TA, I won seven hours after I actually got it.

This ended my 155-day streak on the site, just making sure it's the exact same issue as all these others.
It starts as a Microsoft issue. They give the wrong timestamp on the console and that's what the scanners pull. Microsoft has corrected that timestamp on the console since then, but the Devs here on TA haven't corrected Microsoft's mistake on our end yet. Keep popping daily achievements and when the TA devs get a fix rolled out everything will return to normal.
See You Space Cowboy...
GordonDogKing
GordonDogKing
Posted on 09 June 19 at 17:32
Reborn Insanity said:
It starts as a Microsoft issue. They give the wrong timestamp on the console and that's what the scanners pull. Microsoft has corrected that timestamp on the console since then, but the Devs here on TA haven't corrected Microsoft's mistake on our end yet. Keep popping daily achievements and when the TA devs get a fix rolled out everything will return to normal.
Thanks again for the update Reborn Insanity, it's good to know that the TA devs are still working on correcting MS's timestamp errors. At 25 days since the first instance, I was just about to give up hope for a fix.
Gordon Bennett (yeah, that's my real name [some older Brits would understand that])
LitaOsiris
LitaOsiris
Posted on 11 June 19 at 10:23
What about achievements that get timestamped in the past? I’ve found that some achievements that have gotten stuck for me and then unlocked a few days later have a timestamp of several hours before I was actually playing or at a particular point in the game. In some cases it has caused my achievement order to look out of place. Does Microsoft eventually fix these too because it looks like the time difference is a time zone issue.
TrueAchievement
Posted on 11 June 19 at 11:07
Haseo ATC said:

This isn't a TA issue at all - it's entirely a Microsoft issue. As soon as they have fixed the incorrect timestamps, we'll go back and rescan them all
GordonDogKing
GordonDogKing
Posted on 11 June 19 at 16:33
TrueAchievement said:
This isn't a TA issue at all - it's entirely a Microsoft issue. As soon as they have fixed the incorrect timestamps, we'll go back and rescan them all
That sounds a bit discouraging, as it has been nearly a month now since the first instance of bad timestamps. Do we have any indication that MS intends to fix those timestamps? What has TA heard from them?
For those of us with broken streaks, it would be nice to know whether we should continue to hope for a fix, or just let it go and stop fretting about it.
Gordon Bennett (yeah, that's my real name [some older Brits would understand that])
D3m0nF0rc3
D3m0nF0rc3
Posted on 12 June 19 at 22:36, Edited on 12 June 19 at 22:37 by D3m0nF0rc3
Armstrong x360a said:
D3m0nF0rc3 said:
Elyoh said:
"Could". Sounds like you're being clickbait mate, name a GT that has had this happen.

Show us some proof that they have banned someone specifically because of this timestamp issue. Without it, you're just spouting hypotheticals to stir up a reaction.
Elyoh said:
D3m0nF0rc3 said:
Elyoh said:
"Could". Sounds like you're being clickbait mate, name a GT that has had this happen.

You're making the claim, the burden of proof is on you. The achievements are still legitimately unlocked, and for the purpose of your claim, verified by the Xbox achievement system. Now that doesn't negate people being accused of being cheaters here at TA, but it doesn't affect Microsoft end. It has yet to do anything other than ruffle the feathers of a few streakers, and there is no reason to believe it will do any more.

On another note, you're claiming innocent people have been zeroed on Xbox. No way in hell is someone going to tredge through 1000's of legitimate cheaters to try and find a supposably innocent one, you're again making the claim please provide the proof.
Never said anyone had been banned or had actually suffered gaming restrictions due to Microsoft having an achievement timestamp issue.

It was always stated in my posts, it 'could' happen and may have occurred in the past, as computer programs and people are susceptible to react to false positives. Therefore there is no need for a burden of proof.

Could it happen ? Of course it could and it may have already happened, hypothetical yes, you can react how you please but you cannot dispute the possibility which is all I ever stated, no clickbait, no trollbait, simple statements of potential hypotheticals of which you chose to react to.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 12 June 19 at 22:41
A lot of things could happen, its quite the list.
Scaremongering is boring though.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Ramen War Cult
Posted on 13 June 19 at 08:25, Edited on 13 June 19 at 08:27 by Ramen War Cult
*posted tomorrow at 01:25*
I needed a giggle this morning... This will suffice. dance
Haseo ATC
Haseo ATC
Posted on 21 June 19 at 06:40
Assuming this is a very low level of priority for Microsoft, gonna go ahead and guess my streak will never be fixed.
Very glad my goal of a one-year streak was ended because of an issue I couldn't control, it's not like I spent six months on this lol
I skipped social and work stuff to do this, but whatever lol
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 21 June 19 at 12:16
Haseo ATC said:
I skipped social and work stuff to do this, but whatever lol
Thats on you, a streak is really not worth that.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
GordonDogKing
GordonDogKing
Posted on 21 June 19 at 16:04
Haseo ATC said:
Assuming this is a very low level of priority for Microsoft, gonna go ahead and guess my streak will never be fixed.
Been thinking the same thing. We have not heard anything from the TA staff for 10 days. The first instance of the bad time stamps was over 5 weeks ago. It would be nice to get an update from TA devs, or at least a confirmation that it is either not going to be fixed or that a fix is still being pursued.
Timeless Magic
Posted on 24 June 19 at 17:00
Any final word on this? If it's over, happy to let it go, even if it's 1069 days :)
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 24 June 19 at 17:06
I suspect nothing's changed as they'd have told us if there was any news, sorry.
Play nice!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.