Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Fortnite X John Wick Event Begins Today

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 16 May 19 at 17:35
Includes a new Limited Time Mode and challenges

Please click here to read the story: Fortnite X John Wick Event Begins Today
zoidberg1339
zoidberg1339
Posted on 16 May 19 at 17:36
“You’re not making Christianity Fortnite better, you’re just making rock n roll John Wick worse!” - Hank Hill
I just wanted to play video games.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 16 May 19 at 17:53
zoidberg1339 said:
“You’re not making Christianity Fortnite better, you’re just making rock n roll John Wick worse!” - Hank Hill
Did you see the trailer for the actual John Wick game? This will be the best John Wick game even if it is just a skin.
Arkham#8076
Arkham
Posted on 16 May 19 at 18:22
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
zoidberg1339 said:
Did you see the trailer for the actual John Wick game? This will be the best John Wick game even if it is just a skin.
Payday 2 is the best John Wick game.
freedomgirl85
freedomgirl85
Posted on 16 May 19 at 21:04
bot checking in

very nice and extremely easy way to get the season victory umbrella and bounty umbrella

I think it is very impressive that the
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

also guess who, again, is the most played game
LiquidSodas
LiquidSodas
Posted on 16 May 19 at 21:24
Apex legends better add some Bill and Ted content, pronto
Hooked on phonics
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 16 May 19 at 23:51
ArkhmInmate0801 said:
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
zoidberg1339 said:
Payday 2 is the best John Wick game.
^ This.
Kyoujiin
Kyoujiin
Posted on 17 May 19 at 03:05
I find it so odd that they have a tie in with a violent R rated movie mixed with a game that has such a huge player base of kids, haha.
Chuck710Taylor
Posted on 17 May 19 at 04:48
Kyoujiin said:
I find it so odd that they have a tie in with a violent R rated movie mixed with a game that has such a huge player base of kids, haha.
I mean think of how this gen didnt get any type of Stranglehold game. I would have loved a Superhot meets MaxPayne meets Hitman for a JohnWick game, but were getting what were getting.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 17 May 19 at 04:59
zoidberg1339 said:
laugh
I NVIII I
I NVIII I
Posted on 17 May 19 at 10:08
zoidberg1339 said:
I enjoy playing Fortnite BR but I do still feel that having now a second John Wick character taints what the films are to me. There's more to it for me and now that this one really is the FOMO tactic really makes me dislike it even more.
DF I Phoenix
DF I Phoenix
Posted on 18 May 19 at 09:25
And this is why Fortnite has changed too much. I'm not into Battle Royale anymore (since season 5 started, too much things to do online tbh and this wasn't worth the pain...if at least they gave some time between each season like in Rocket League, it could have been great), but Save the World was the game. Battle Royale was just an ad promoting for free the "premium" game (which should have already been free since last year but anyway..). That's how things began.
In term of Game Design, Fortnite is supposed to be something not too serious, not too dark, kind of fun and dumb and with a style either in design or story that will make you think you're playing a cartoon.
With seasons coming and releasing new content, you can see that they don't rely on that system now. Because on how things had to change on StW because of BR. Adding real world stuff and overall adding realism to this game is what kills its essence. I know this will not prevent people from playing it, and it will even do the opposite, but I feel like this is how Epic just destroyed what Fortnite was. And when you think it took years for them to build a strong game (with no endgame though), well, that's bad...
(sorry for bad english btw)
Please, be kind, you'll not regret it ;) Love you all !!!
DubstepEdgelord
Posted on 20 May 19 at 23:29, Edited on 20 May 19 at 23:29 by DubstepEdgelord
DF I Phoenix said:
And this is why Fortnite has changed too much. I'm not into Battle Royale anymore (since season 5 started, too much things to do online tbh and this wasn't worth the pain...if at least they gave some time between each season like in Rocket League, it could have been great), but Save the World was the game. Battle Royale was just an ad promoting for free the {#}premium{#} game (which should have already been free since last year but anyway..). That's how things began.
In term of Game Design, Fortnite is supposed to be something not too serious, not too dark, kind of fun and dumb and with a style either in design or story that will make you think you're playing a cartoon.
With seasons coming and releasing new content, you can see that they don't rely on that system now. Because on how things had to change on StW because of BR. Adding real world stuff and overall adding realism to this game is what kills its essence. I know this will not prevent people from playing it, and it will even do the opposite, but I feel like this is how Epic just destroyed what Fortnite was. And when you think it took years for them to build a strong game (with no endgame though), well, that's bad...
(sorry for bad english btw)
THIS. Also Epic makes poor decisions for the game and people allow it to happen. If taking the most viable shotgun, and weapon in general out of the game, the Pump Shotgun, is something people are ok with, so be it. I don't play this game at all but I watch it to see when this game's inevitable downfall finally becomes a reality. Its bad to see any game spiral downhill, especially since I favored this game and the devs at one point, but it would follow basic principles of how games should work. Unfortunately, there isn't much anyone could do unless the people gain common sense.
DubstepEdgelord, your master.
freedomgirl85
freedomgirl85
Posted on 21 May 19 at 02:52
DubstepEdgelord said:
THIS. Also Epic makes poor decisions for the game and people allow it to happen. If taking the most viable shotgun, and weapon in general out of the game, the Pump Shotgun, is something people are ok with, so be it.
change the way you think. Fortnite is not a battle royale it is a social experience.

You are really way off if you think the majority of players blink when weapons are nerfed or vaulted.

If vaulting the zapatron didn't make an impact no current version of weapon being changed or vaulted ever will.

most players I am sure only care about how cool and fun being in creative with their school friends is and while in there show off their new skins, dance or emotes
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.