Game Discussion: Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Forum

Operation Dark Hours - Raid Difficulty

AuthorMessage
Bu5hranger
641,380 641,380 GamerScore
Bu5hranger
Posted on 17 May 19 at 07:30
Hey guys, this is going to be a bit of a rant.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, the new raid is almost impossible for the average gamer to complete on Xbox right now. We tried it in a group of 8 for several hours, we learned the mechanics and strategy of how to do the first boss encounter pretty quick. However, the damage that you do to the enemies is too low and the damage you take from them is too high.

All players in the group were either 500 gear score (which is the max possible in the game right now) or close to it. The weakest enemies in the game take 1-2 clips of assault rifle to kill, you can forget about killing a yellow enemy in less than 10 seconds.

Combine that with the fact you have a dozen of them running around at the same time. The boss can only melee you, but he can do it from 10 feet away! 2 hits from him and you're dead. We were all team shooting the same enemies but even that wasn't enough.

The raids in Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 were hard at first, but at least killing the enemies wasn't the reason your whole team wipes. If you were the correct gear score, learnt the mechanics plus don't make too many mistakes you would complete the encounter. But in this raid, even if your whole team is on the same page you will get destroyed by every enemy and the boss will keep healing himself infinitely.

Reading some of the Reddit posts, people are giving similar feedback about it. Only some of the biggest YouTubers/Streamers have been able to complete it. That is because they have some broken DPS builds that 99% of players don't have or even know about.

Just wait for a nerf or some broken DPS build to happen, otherwise good luck finishing it.
T0NY HAYABUSA
T0NY HAYABUSA
Posted on 17 May 19 at 14:25
Thanks for the heads up. Still want to give it a try though
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 17 May 19 at 17:47
Yeah, i was just reading an article that stated that no one has completed this raid on the xbox or PS4. and only a few groups on the PC.
Maxumilli0n
Maxumilli0n
Posted on 17 May 19 at 17:49
"Average gamer" "500" GS are your builds optimized, what kind of dmg are you hitting in the range? Plus, not everyone should be running DPS. Should atleast have 2 people running TP 6pc and atleast everyone should have some sort of hazard protection.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 17 May 19 at 18:12
If you're running 2 people with full TP, you've already lost. Nicktew has one of the best builds out there, if not THE best build, and it's centered around hitting headshots 90% of the time, and he said he wouldn't even try this raid on console.

Looks like, if all 8 don't have at least a 1mil DPS build, know what they are doing, and have impeccable aim, you aren't beating the first boss that's 5 minutes into the raid. My group on Xbox didn't get close.
KOX KingOfXbox4
Posted on 17 May 19 at 19:48
I tried for 3 hours and failed at the 1st boss. I personally wont give it another serious attempt until a decent guide / video guide comes out on this site. :)
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 17 May 19 at 20:07
KOX KingOfXbox4 said:
I tried for 3 hours and failed at the 1st boss. I personally wont give it another serious attempt until a decent guide / video guide comes out on this site. :)
Probably be quicker to find it on reddit or youtube. Doesn't seem like this game is really popular here. Most just want to plow through a game in 2 hours and move on not grind for gear not attached to achievements.
Maxumilli0n
Maxumilli0n
Posted on 17 May 19 at 23:28
KOX KingOfXbox4 said:
There's a decent guide on reddit from streamerhouse, I watched them complete it yesterday.
KOX KingOfXbox4
Posted on 18 May 19 at 02:42
Thanks guys i am going to look into them and try again.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 18 May 19 at 07:22
Maxumilli0n said:
{#}Average gamer{#} {#}500{#} GS are your builds optimized, what kind of dmg are you hitting in the range? Plus, not everyone should be running DPS. Should atleast have 2 people running TP 6pc and atleast everyone should have some sort of hazard protection.
That’s what I was gonna say. High GS doesn’t matter if the build isn’t good.

My group is on the last boss and when we bring in someone we’re basically patting them down checking out their build. laugh
Celtic Corpze
Celtic Corpze
Posted on 18 May 19 at 11:07
I'll be the first to admit I don't really understand the "Builds". My gear score is 500 but I just pick up anything that says it has X amount of armor, DPS etc and pick the highest I can. Everything else just goes over my head lol
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 18 May 19 at 11:51, Edited on 18 May 19 at 11:53 by Fooga
Celtic Corpze said:
I'll be the first to admit I don't really understand the {#}Builds{#}. My gear score is 500 but I just pick up anything that says it has X amount of armor, DPS etc and pick the highest I can. Everything else just goes over my head lol
It’s mainly about the stats and the gear talents. You want to tweak them and have them all synergize with your playstyle.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 18 May 19 at 11:54
Best thing people can do is go watch a streamers build on YouTube and get as close as you can. Doesn't matter how good your shot is if you just have an average build.
Bu5hranger
641,380 641,380 GamerScore
Bu5hranger
Posted on 18 May 19 at 14:34
Yeah been trying to tweak my build so I have my bases covered. Its hard though. Had no way of knowing what builds to create until the raid was already out. Anyone got any word from the devs on what they think of the whole situation? Whatever your opinion, I'm sure they didn't think NOBODY on either Xbox One or PS4 would be able to complete it within 48 hours...

They want people to complete the content right? wink
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 18 May 19 at 19:59
Bu5hranger said:
Yeah been trying to tweak my build so I have my bases covered. Its hard though. Had no way of knowing what builds to create until the raid was already out. Anyone got any word from the devs on what they think of the whole situation? Whatever your opinion, I'm sure they didn't think NOBODY on either Xbox One or PS4 would be able to complete it within 48 hours...

They want people to complete the content right? wink
I know they said they wanted to make a way to have matchmaking. They definitely need to change some things in the raid though. People on Reddit were saying they mainly play test on PC which is why a lot of console players are saying this is too difficult. The mechanics are moving to quickly for them to react. Especially on Razorback. Where keyboard and mouse could just laser aim and headshot every time, we have a much tougher time.
T0NY HAYABUSA
T0NY HAYABUSA
Posted on 21 May 19 at 11:27
Yeah after seeing videos and reading about the Raid, I'm going to wait until they patch it to make a bit easier.
YouCantSaveHer
Posted on 21 May 19 at 15:40
I mean it's been completed... But we are on an achievement site where most want things just handed to them quickly so we can move on. It is a challenge. But doable. Just gotta put the work and effort in to do it.
Obtained the shadows rushed me.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 21 May 19 at 16:56
It's not merely wanting things handed to you. It's because it is not equal across platforms and the 23 min completion on PC on the second day and the first console completion after 30 hours in the raid on the 3rd day is not the same. The mechanics were built for PC and should be slightly modified in some way so that it doesn't take 30 hours to complete this shit on console.
Shred Asics 13
Posted on 21 May 19 at 19:01
Celtic Corpze said:
I'll be the first to admit I don't really understand the "Builds". My gear score is 500 but I just pick up anything that says it has X amount of armor, DPS etc and pick the highest I can. Everything else just goes over my head lol
Yeah I hear you, I was like that with Division 1. It's all about re-rolling talents and modding once you hit max Gear Score. It gets overwhelming sometimes, and then of course you have to switch up loadouts and stuff from time to time. Right now, I'm still in the 300's playing main game stuff. Haven't even touched DZ yet, but I'll get there eventually.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 22 May 19 at 00:58, Edited on 24 May 19 at 05:52 by Fooga
YouCantSaveHer said:
I mean it's been completed... But we are on an achievement site where most want things just handed to them quickly so we can move on. It is a challenge. But doable. Just gotta put the work and effort in to do it.
The only way it's doable right now is if you have people who are min-maxed to perfection, which kinda sucks because usually raids are designed for you to get gear from previous bosses, and gear up to get more powerful to beat the later bosses. The Division is not designed to work this way, because to have a good build, all of your items have to synergize with each other and your playstyle. Equipping new gear (that is in the SAME bracket as the gear you entered with btw), would just make you worse. It’s not so bad, but that’s not how raids should work.

I have been playing with members of one of the best clans on Xbox, where members in the group all hold top 10 on multiple leaderboards throughout the game. Yesterday they got clan members (and carried the one guy who has it on TA, because his gear is worse than mine) and completed it. These are the only people who have a chance to do the raid right now, because of group coordination.

Normally I'd agree with you because the first day this raid came out I played with a group from this site who were pretty much expecting everyone else to do everything while they slack. That's typical TA and I stopped playing with those people. But this raid really is tuned for only the very best of Division 2. I wouldn’t say it needs a few tweaks to reduce difficulty, though. You just need a really good, coordinated team.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.