Game Discussion: Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Forum

Operation Dark Hours - Raid Difficulty

AuthorMessage
NapalmNiko
NapalmNiko
Posted on 13 July 19 at 00:14
Ubi is going to patch the difficulty down.... haha to everyone who already did it the hard way
Greetings Niko
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 13 July 19 at 15:34
You won't get all the same drops though
FranconianX
FranconianX
Posted on 14 July 19 at 10:42
Personally, I don‘t care about drops. I‘m just hoping that you can earn the raid achievement in this new discovery mode. It will be the first and the last time I’ll be touching this mess.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 14 July 19 at 18:16
NapalmNiko said:
Ubi is going to patch the difficulty down.... haha to everyone who already did it the hard way
More like haha to you for being bad enough to have to wait for them to lower it. wink Raid wasn’t hard to begin with.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 15 July 19 at 00:51
I wouldn't say it's not hard. It's challenging but not ridiculous. My fastest clear is 50 minutes, but after I was correctly geared up for it. When the raid dropped it was unbeatable for my team bc we weren't geared for success.
Shred Asics 13
Posted on 15 July 19 at 15:11
NapalmNiko said:
By this do you just mean the addition of Story mode, or are they actually patching the hard mode too?

It's doable as is, but just ridiculous as to how it's completely different in terms of difficulty from the PC version.

I'm just waiting until the update to do anything else. No point in chasing gear if they change the meta to the raid and up the Gear score. (not that GS really means anything now)
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 15 July 19 at 16:33
Normal raid will stay the same and I don't think gear score is going up this update. No patches are needed for the normal raid, it's very manageable with communication and the right gear pieces.

PC can get headshots easier, it's just one of those things and is not something that we only experience in Div2.
EbonHawk01
EbonHawk01
Posted on 16 July 19 at 02:59
Does anyone know when the next title update is getting released?
NapalmNiko
NapalmNiko
Posted on 16 July 19 at 08:24
Fooga said:
NapalmNiko said:
More like haha to you for being bad enough to have to wait for them to lower it. wink Raid wasn’t hard to begin with.
No I don‘t want to grind the gear that s it. Waste of time ....
Grinding is boring. Yes I know it is a loot shooter but nonstop bad drops ....
Greetings Niko
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 16 July 19 at 13:22
EbonHawk01 said:
Does anyone know when the next title update is getting released?
July 23rd.

NapalmNiko said:
Fooga said:
NapalmNiko said:
Drops are better the harder the difficulty is. Run normal all the time, you get horrible drops. Run heroics and challenging missions, you get high WPD, DTE, etc gear.

If the game is just not fun for you then obvs stop playing it, but if it's just that you think you have to have a perfect build, it's not true. My build is very good but far from perfect. If you are solely worried about the completion, best to wait until the aforementioned date and see if it pops from that difficulty. wink
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 23 July 19 at 09:55, Edited on 23 July 19 at 10:02 by Fooga
J4CKA1 said:
I wouldn't say it's not hard. It's challenging but not ridiculous. My fastest clear is 50 minutes, but after I was correctly geared up for it. When the raid dropped it was unbeatable for my team bc we weren't geared for success.
The biggest issue was people, not the raid. In the first few days I rarely recall getting pissed at the actual raid itself. Most people here on TA just wanted a carry and the average random on LFG just thought they were too good for every group and acted like they knew everything, when they’d die instantly or not follow directions. The Division series was pretty casual as far as looter shooters go before they implemented the raid, so it’s understandable this threw people off (myself included). But also, more often than not most people doing it expected the other 7 to do everything and they thought they’d slip under the radar. I’m sure anyone who ran Boomer understood that pain.

NapalmNiko said:
Fooga said:
NapalmNiko said:
Case in point. It took me one night to farm/tweak my gear. Making builds in this game is pretty chill compared to most RPGs. Despite what people were saying you didn’t really need to min-max. Just try lol.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 23 July 19 at 10:29
Finally got Eagle Bearer last night after my 11th clear. It's wonderful. Definitely wanted this gun for the next raid.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 23 July 19 at 12:46
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Finally got Eagle Bearer last night after my 11th clear. It's wonderful. Definitely wanted this gun for the next raid.
I hate you for this now. lol

Fooga said:
The biggest issue was people,
I agree with this, and I've felt that pain as well. When people don't know what they are doing or are just staring (from your example) at boomer and not clearing ads it hurts. Or, of course, when generator players don't listen for cues of when to get on/off. angry
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 24 July 19 at 01:52
Has anyone confirmed the discovery difficulty unlocks the achievement?
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 24 July 19 at 02:24
Fooga said:
Yes, it unlocks the raid achievement.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 24 July 19 at 04:11
Well I guess you don't need to be geared up for it anymore. Felt like a real achievement getting it on Normal difficulty. Ah well. They'll likely do this for the next couple raids as well.
FranconianX
FranconianX
Posted on 24 July 19 at 08:08
J4CKA1 said:
Fooga said:
Do you know If you still need 8 people in discovery mode?
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 24 July 19 at 10:25
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Well I guess you don't need to be geared up for it anymore. Felt like a real achievement getting it on Normal difficulty. Ah well. They'll likely do this for the next couple raids as well.
I mean, if they don't release it the same time as the raid, I'm fine with that. I know I always reference WoW but their LFG (matchmaking lowered difficulty) versions of raids are always released a few weeks after the raids drops, to let players earn the clears before they let the less experienced play it.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 24 July 19 at 13:28
Fooga said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
I mean, if they don't release it the same time as the raid, I'm fine with that. I know I always reference WoW but their LFG (matchmaking lowered difficulty) versions of raids are always released a few weeks after the raids drops, to let players earn the clears before they let the less experienced play it.
Doesn't matter to me if the achievement pops for others on easy mode. Beating normal is an achievement in and of itself whether you get gamerscore from it or not. It's fun and I enjoy it.

FranconianX said:
J4CKA1 said:
Fooga said:
Do you know If you still need 8 people in discovery mode?
You could run it with 4, tbh. Easily 2 man it until razor, then you'd have to have 4 for gens.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 24 July 19 at 13:51
Fooga said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
yeah they'll likely hold Discovery difficulty for a week or two on the next one. I just hope it doesn't require a high skill build to get through certain encounters, because I'm really not in the mood to put together a whole new loadout lol.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.