Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Xbox Game Pass Quests Guide – Unlock Achievements, Earn Points, Save Money

  • kintariskintaris291,546
  • Posted on 17 May 19 at 14:09Permalink
    Play something new and play indie games ones quests were really cool. Just Cause 4 is one of the most unintuitive, very little guidance of what to actually do beyond the first mission games I've ever played and I doubt I'll ever get any more achievements. Didn't understand Sea of Thieves much either, but two achievements randomly unlocked so I was done. Don't want Minecraft on my card really, and for 100 points not really worth it.
  • Matton ChopsMatton Chops142,890
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 14:12Permalink
    Thanks for this guide!
  • KodingKoding885,016
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 14:15Permalink
    Yep, I make a point of trying to get these all done every month.
    61 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,300 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
  • SeitzzSeitzz683,718
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 14:15Permalink
    Retroactively got the minecraft one which was nice. Unlocked the achievement before I did the $1 for 3 months but was able to get the extra 100 points.
  • alphurralphurr232,056
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 14:50Permalink
    I feel like if a quest isn't available in a location they shouldn't show it to people who live there. I played through Tacoma expecting it to fulfill the ID@Xbox quest and was confused when it didn't do anything lol
  • gobey17gobey17716,097
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 14:55Permalink
    I played The Walking Dead Frontier when the play something new quest was showing a couple of weeks back but it was only after I completed it and unlocked all the achievements I noticed for some reason it didn't count towards the total.

    Tacoma didn't count too and that was released this month. cry
  • Rista BRista B407,640
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 14:59Permalink
    Darth James O said:
    Just Cause 4 is one of the most unintuitive, very little guidance of what to actually do beyond the first mission games I've ever played and I doubt I'll ever get any more achievements. Didn't understand Sea of Thieves much either, but two achievements randomly unlocked so I was done. Don't want Minecraft on my card really, and for 100 points not really worth it.
    Interesting take on JC4...I had played a couple of the previous ones so really hadn't thought about it that way. Looking at the achievement list and seeing how many are listed as rare it would appear you are not the only one who are lost.

    I didn't grind out very many of the "do all of these" achievements but would say that overall I thought this achievement list was more accessible than the previous JC games I had played.
    Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
  • Posted on 17 May 19 at 15:15Permalink
    Played a bit of Just Cause 2 and got on quite well with it so was looking forward to playing 4. Started off quite fun, but quickly reached a 'I don't actually know what I'm doing' stage. And, yeah, going by the unlock ratios, no walkthrough and hardly any achievement guides I think in general the game is a bit of a struggle.
  • MissingC3C4MissingC3C4630,955
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 15:15Permalink
    For a second month I have fulfilled the criteria for all the quests AND haven't got the points!!!
    Maybe it is because I have updated to the Ultimate Game Pass. I did get almost an extra 3 years of Gold and Game Pass though.
  • Posted on 17 May 19 at 15:28Permalink
    minecraft one unlocked for me with any achievement that you pop that might of been fixed though
  • ZeklingZekling221,710
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 15:31Permalink
    Rista B said:
    Darth James O said:
    Just Cause 4 is one of the most unintuitive, very little guidance of what to actually do beyond the first mission games I've ever played and I doubt I'll ever get any more achievements. Didn't understand Sea of Thieves much either, but two achievements randomly unlocked so I was done. Don't want Minecraft on my card really, and for 100 points not really worth it.
    Interesting take on JC4...I had played a couple of the previous ones so really hadn't thought about it that way. Looking at the achievement list and seeing how many are listed as rare it would appear you are not the only one who are lost.

    I didn't grind out very many of the "do all of these" achievements but would say that overall I thought this achievement list was more accessible than the previous JC games I had played.
    JC4 was my first JC game and I had a similar experience. There seemed to be many things to do but it was confusing navigating to each event. I figured I'd have more fun treating the game as a destructible sandbox type game than anything structured
  • Posted on 17 May 19 at 15:37Permalink
    Darth James O said:
    Played a bit of Just Cause 2 and got on quite well with it so was looking forward to playing 4. Started off quite fun, but quickly reached a 'I don't actually know what I'm doing' stage. And, yeah, going by the unlock ratios, no walkthrough and hardly any achievement guides I think in general the game is a bit of a struggle.
    It seems there are still quite a few glitched achievements also so I think many people have abandoned it for now, hoping that the devs will patch some things up before continuing. But HELLO, wingsuiting through a tornado never gets old! haha
    Doc, Doc, noose
  • JedEganJedEgan526,178
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 15:39Permalink
    Did this with Edith Finch, never ticked anything off the ID@Xbox ones.
  • Posted on 17 May 19 at 15:42Permalink
    this is very helpful especially to ppl new to the program. I just hate starting anything new atm. backlog too crazy.
  • Posted on 17 May 19 at 15:48Permalink
    MissingC3C4 said:
    For a second month I have fulfilled the criteria for all the quests AND haven't got the points!!!
    Maybe it is because I have updated to the Ultimate Game Pass. I did get almost an extra 3 years of Gold and Game Pass though.
    It took almost a week for them to give me the points last month. This month there has been a significant lag as well rewarding points.
    I'm not playing Sea of Thieves for a couple hundred points. Not worth it.
    This space for rent.
  • Goggs25Goggs251,099,943
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 15:50Permalink
    There are problems with these game past quests. In most cases they achievements you unlock don't count straight away while some do.

    The other is you don't get a full month to do the quests for example this months quests where not added to the app until the 15th of may. I have had these issues since November last year also the quests are not available every month.

    Microsoft need to fix these problems before making it available in other countries
    Goggs25
  • neosaladneosalad239,235
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 15:59, Edited on 17 May 19 at 16:01 by neosaladPermalink
    Goggs25 said:
    There are problems with these game past quests. In most cases they achievements you unlock don't count straight away while some do.

    The other is you don't get a full month to do the quests for example this months quests where not added to the app until the 15th of may. I have had these issues since November last year also the quests are not available every month.

    Microsoft need to fix these problems before making it available in other countries
    they certainly do need to fix them.
    the ID xbox and sea of thieves ones still aint unlocked for me, and i did them 2 weeks ago when the new quests came out... and theres not many easy SoT ones left for me to try now.
    dont think i can be arsed with the minecraft stuff though.. but woudl for my complete quests/500 extra
  • Guirec730Guirec730299,479
    Posted on 17 May 19 at 15:59Permalink
    You may get more points overall with game pass rewards, but it's not nearly as efficient as bing. You can get your max points in ten minutes on bing and be done with it for the day.
    State of the badass art.
  • Posted on 17 May 19 at 16:00Permalink
    Its a shame they never register
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.