Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Xbox Game Pass Quests Guide – Unlock Achievements, Earn Points, Save Money

• buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,295,885
    Posted on 19 May 19 at 23:05
    I've known about this for a while as I'm sure most Xbox players have. It's a cool program but it forces you to decide if you really want those scanty rewards points and in return you'll have to complete a shitty game like Aftercharge or let it impact your completion percentage.
    I like the idea overall, but there is a really irritating problem with it:
    Previously unlocked achievements don't retroactively count. And I cannot see the reason why they shouldn't. In fact, game Pass as a program seems less interested in rewarding loyal subscribers and early adopters and more so with acquiring as many new randoms as possible.
    Always number 2.
  • DarthcheweeDarthchewee343,426
    Posted on 20 May 19 at 17:51
    Reina Watt said:
    From what I can see with the app on the Xbox One there's nothing like that being offered, the app barely works at all and on the rare times it does it tends to not even register any points that are earned.
    Ok, I was thinking I was crazy because I don't see anything like this in the Rewards App. I did spymaster and then there is a Movie one and I think a World of Tanks one but nothing like the article mentioned.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76616,786
    Posted on 21 May 19 at 15:42
    buttmudBrooks said:
    I like the idea overall, but there is a really irritating problem with it:
    Previously unlocked achievements don't retroactively count. And I cannot see the reason why they shouldn't. In fact, game Pass as a program seems less interested in rewarding loyal subscribers and early adopters and more so with acquiring as many new randoms as possible.
    It's called business. The quests are intended to get new players into the games. That is it.

If you've already played a certain game, great. But clearly the quest is not aimed at you. It's pretty much the same as every other "new customer" incentive for the last 200 years. Not everything is going to be tailor-made for you. (Or me, or anyone else for that matter.)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.