Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 18 May 19 at 12:33
Please use this thread to discuss the Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age walkthrough
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 18 May 19 at 12:46
I've taken this walkthrough on. I intend to make it as detailed as possible, so it may take a while for me to do. Until the walkthrough is up, I'm happy to answer any questions about the game. I'm currently on my 6th time playing through this game, so have a decent bit of knowledge smile
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 07 June 19 at 15:38
As an update to anyone who is interested, so far I've written:
- Story written up to getting to Bhujerba.
- Listed all Magicks and Technicks and locations for getting them.
- 60% of the information about Quickenings and Concurrences written up (including what License tiles are unlocked by certain Quickenings)
- Jobs, their License Boards, which characters are good for which jobs, and which job pairings are good.
- Which packages are worth creating in the Bazaar, and which loot items are not to be sold until a certain package can be made.
- All the Hunts, including Elite Marks.
- "Optional Bosses", except Omega Mark XII.
- All the non-story Espers, except Zodiark
- Phon Coast Hunt Club
- Three Medallion Side Quest (for the Esper Chaos)
- The Bestiary, including how to spawn Rare Game
- Trials 1 -30
- Clan Centurio, and the Clan Provisioner.

Remaining:
- Quickenings
- Guides to Omega Mark XII, other "optional" bosses (Hell Wyrm) and Zodiark
- Trials 31 - 100
- Other required side quests/areas - Desert Patient, Subterra.
- Better information on where to find specific loot.
- Better information about what weapons/accessories/armor/loot to keep for certain fights.

It's currently at 43 pages. I'm trying to shrink it down.
CM Deadpool XD
Posted on 08 June 19 at 07:05
I'm really looking forward to seeing this guide. I've played through the PS2 version of the game but have never attempted Zodiac Age, so any guide that'll make sure I accomplish everything will be great. Thanks for the time and effort you're putting into the guide
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 09 June 19 at 08:53
I hoping to be able to guide people to finish the game within 100 hours. The hardest achievement will be getting all of the Concurrences, due to how annoying it is to get the Black Hole one.
Having followed a lot of what I wrote for completing the Bestiary, I can see where it's falling short, so I've got more information I want to add in.

The other thing I'm really chuffed about is being able to make Omega Mark XII and Yiazmat easy to kill.

The Trials are a different story, as I've never done them before so I don't know what to expect!

It will end up being a large guide, with a lot of repeating in parts, but it'll (hopefully) be everything people need to complete the game.
Jan Dercon
Jan Dercon
Posted on 10 June 19 at 15:43
Thanks for all your hard work :D

Going to buy this game, loved the PS2 version !!
CM Deadpool XD
Posted on 11 June 19 at 06:56
Are you going to include any kind of 'recommended gambit set up' based on party or enemy/boss?
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 11 June 19 at 10:45, Edited on 11 June 19 at 14:57 by xDaff
In some area, you'll get bits like "it's a good idea to set up this gambit to deal with blah blah blah".

It'll be a lot more specific for harder fights, where having a certain setup is important.

I've also got a section in the Hints & Tips just for the Gambits, as an overview. (It needs finishing though.)

I'm tempted to include what my charcter-job setup was, but I don't know if it would be worth including that information. I've written a page on the jobs and recommended pairings etc.

I'm not sure if you can see this, but this is the walkthrough right now: https://www.trueachievements.com/walkthrough/walkthroughprev...

It is a bit of a mish-mash. I'm just getting all of the information in there at the moment, and then I can tidy it up afterwards (hence any URLs to sites I've used to help fill in gaps!). Feel free to have a look and provide feedback on what you feel is missing/improvements could be made.

Edit: I'm trialing putting the maps in as hyperlinks on some pages, and as actual images in others, to see how they look. I just don't want things to be too cluttered.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 14 June 19 at 09:28
As a minor update, I'm hoping to complete the story walkthrough by Monday. I'm just about to start writing the Draklor Laboratory section. Then it's just all the other stuff to do. It's sitting at 45 pages, but I'm going to try and condense it down a little.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 14 June 19 at 18:21
Will the walkthrough cover the 100% of the game and not only the achievements?
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 14 June 19 at 18:45
I'm only leaving out side quests that don't give much in terms of rewards. If you click on the preview link above, you'll see how it's looking.
I need to rejig a couple of things though, I've spotted a couple of errors.

But if people want the other side quests, I can add them in, I'll just have to try and figure out how to do it without bloating the walkthrough too much. Would be so much help if I could use expander tags!
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 14 June 19 at 19:41
Sweet, to cover your question as a whole since I've seen you ask it today already and I think once or twice in the past. If a game doesn't have any kind of 100% achievement, the walkthrough may not cover everything in the entire game. We only make sure that they cover every achievement in the game, so it is up to the writer if they want to cover extra outside of that (say like Avatar for example).

In general, it is probably best to look at the walkthrough once it has been released to see if it's going to cover everything you want, as we mainly strive to make sure they get people from 0-1000G (or more with DLC).
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 15 June 19 at 08:16
Dang3R Gaming said:
Sweet, to cover your question as a whole since I've seen you ask it today already and I think once or twice in the past. If a game doesn't have any kind of 100% achievement, the walkthrough may not cover everything in the entire game. We only make sure that they cover every achievement in the game, so it is up to the writer if they want to cover extra outside of that (say like Avatar for example).

In general, it is probably best to look at the walkthrough once it has been released to see if it's going to cover everything you want, as we mainly strive to make sure they get people from 0-1000G (or more with DLC).
Yes, I know that, that's why I'm asking^^
When the game indeed doesn't have an achievement for 100% completion, I just ask. For example, I used both the BioShock walkthrough here and the wikia in order to get all these audio logs.

It's not easy to follow 2 walkthroughs when I play a game, but I understand, just asking before so I know if I'll need anything more.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 15 June 19 at 10:54
The walkthrough should cover about 90% of all the games content, given that's how much you need to do for all of the achievements. I'm leaving out 3 to 5 side quests that don't impact the game and the rewards aren't really worth the effort.

But if you're going for a full "100%, done everything in the game" completion, I'm happy to give a list of the side quests not covered smile
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 15 June 19 at 18:30
xDaff said:
The walkthrough should cover about 90% of all the games content, given that's how much you need to do for all of the achievements. I'm leaving out 3 to 5 side quests that don't impact the game and the rewards aren't really worth the effort.

But if you're going for a full "100%, done everything in the game" completion, I'm happy to give a list of the side quests not covered smile
Why not (:
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 19 June 19 at 16:02
I'm onto the final portions of the walkthrough - just a couple of side quests to write up, 3 Esper fights and then the remainder of the Trials. Everything's going to plan.

It's a large walkthrough, so it may need some reorganising once I've had some feedback about it.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 01 July 19 at 10:33
I've just submitted it for review.

When it's published, I'm happy to make any changes from constructive feedback.
SoupaBuoy
SoupaBuoy
Posted on 01 July 19 at 11:36
I'll be doing the reviewing as soon as possible - but with such a large walkthrough and two others I'm reviewing, it might be a week or two - just so everyone's aware the hold up will be on my part, not Daff's!

Will get it done ASAP.
Information Posted on 10 July 19 at 12:45
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Walkthrough
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 10 July 19 at 20:59
Simply phenomenal work. I haven't read through every page yet, but having gone through all of the hints and tips, and job guide pages and gambit advice: It's brilliant. Thank you so much.
"I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.