Game Discussion: Vampyr Forum

Story mode and achievements

AuthorMessage
MASTER1IVE
MASTER1IVE
Posted on 19 May 19 at 02:38
Hello, I would like a clarification. I would like to redo a game for collectibles. There are 3 game modes: story, normal and hard. When I look at the description of the story mode, it says "you will not receive any reward by ending this mode without killing citizens".

My question is, can I still have the achievements of collectibles and districts in hostile status in this mode?

Thanks in advance :)
I am French and I love chocolatine ;D
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 19 May 19 at 06:07
I don't see why not cause the only achievement you'd be locked out of is the Not even once which you already have but i wouldn't risk it, you'd be better off playing it on Normal difficulty and getting the rest of your achievements from that.

I had the same achievements you have now when i started my second playthrough, it will go alot quicker and easier since you'll be getting more XP embracing NPCs, you don't even have to finish the playthrough cause your last collectible should be the sword hidden behind the wall and then it's just getting the rest of your districts hostile.
MASTER1IVE
MASTER1IVE
Posted on 19 May 19 at 06:31
Ok, I will play in normal difficulty to be sure. I wanted to do in story mode because my first game on normal was rough sometimes and I was not too ready to relive that, although if I think about it, I can follow a walkthrough 100% on youtube and it should be fine. thanks for the advice :)
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 19 May 19 at 09:32
Anytime, i'm glad i can help.

But keep in mind, you've already done the hard playthrough by not killing any NPCs, now you can murder everyone and get alot more XP for it, i did the same way you did and my second playthrough was done in alot less time than my first.

When you do a playthrough without killing NPCs, you are basically playing the game on Hard (this was before they patch a legit Hard difficulty in the game) when you start another playthrough and kill everyone, the game becomes ALOT easier, i've read that the only boss in the game that gets hard to fight is the last boss cause it scales +10 above your level, if you're lvl 50, the last boss becomes lvl 60 but the great news is you don't even have to fight it since you already got the achievement on your first playthrough, just get the collectibles and make the areas hostile and you got the game complete, good luck.
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 19 May 19 at 11:50
i am thinking of starting this game after i finish Mutant Year Zero...how difficult is this game to complete? on scale from 1 to 10 and how many hours i am looking at?
Have no fear, Amjad is here
NafrayuNox
NafrayuNox
Posted on 19 May 19 at 16:14
You can get all the achievements in story mode. Apart from Not Even Once, of course 😁
MASTER1IVE
MASTER1IVE
Posted on 19 May 19 at 18:34, Edited on 19 May 19 at 19:19 by MASTER1IVE
fireiz said:
i am thinking of starting this game after i finish Mutant Year Zero...how difficult is this game to complete? on scale from 1 to 10 and how many hours i am looking at?
The biggest problem I have seen is dodge because it consumes stamina. You need to level up the bar and that of the health on priority, otherwise, you find yourself quickly disarmed face the boss in particular. I could not kill the boss of the sewers, so I increased my bar of stamina and there, I succeeded. My advice: attack twice and dodge each time. It work like that for me. Another hard boss, that of the cemetery (I do not give names to avoid spoils). She has a blood attack on the ground that you have to be careful when you dodge.

For the time and the difficulty, it depends on you. Personally, I'm at 26 hours and I think it will take at least 10 or 15 more to finish it. On TA, they say 35-40 hours so I'm average.
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 19 May 19 at 22:52
fireiz said:
If you run your first playthrough by doing the Not Even Once achievement, you can't unfortunately get all the weapons achievements BUT you can get all of the Lore collectibles, your first run will be longer cause you will be getting crappy XP and a few fights will be difficult cause you're not killing NPCs, you have to learn Stamina Management when fighting enemies, (dodge when you have to, strike when you have to) level up your stamina and you'll be fine, it's basically Dark Souls mechanics.

Your second playthrough will be easier cause you can go all out and kill everyone, (don't do it too early cause once a district go hostile, you'll lose chance to kill NPCs for their weapons) you'll be going for the weapons achievements and making districts hostile, my 1st playthrough was about 35-40 hours (was heavily into the story) and my second playthrough was 6-7 hours cause i again just went for weapons and hostile districts, you'll unlock all achievement by the middle of the last stage and don't even have to fight the final boss.
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 20 May 19 at 06:43
BigNev44 said:
fireiz said:
If you run your first playthrough by doing the Not Even Once achievement, you can't unfortunately get all the weapons achievements BUT you can get all of the Lore collectibles, your first run will be longer cause you will be getting crappy XP and a few fights will be difficult cause you're not killing NPCs, you have to learn Stamina Management when fighting enemies, (dodge when you have to, strike when you have to) level up your stamina and you'll be fine, it's basically Dark Souls mechanics.

Your second playthrough will be easier cause you can go all out and kill everyone, (don't do it too early cause once a district go hostile, you'll lose chance to kill NPCs for their weapons) you'll be going for the weapons achievements and making districts hostile, my 1st playthrough was about 35-40 hours (was heavily into the story) and my second playthrough was 6-7 hours cause i again just went for weapons and hostile districts, you'll unlock all achievement by the middle of the last stage and don't even have to fight the final boss.
i will give it a try using my dummy account and see how i feel towards the game, probably not gonna like it, but who knows!
anyway thanks for the tip :)
Have no fear, Amjad is here
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 20 May 19 at 12:14
Glad I can help!

At least you're giving it a try, it's a very good game with great characters and an even great story with the old school Victorian setting, if you don't like it, at least you took the time to play it. toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.