Game Discussion: Forza Horizon 4 Forum

This game is way too hard??

AuthorMessage
DEEJUNE
98,630 98,630 GamerScore
DEEJUNE
Posted on 19 May 19 at 07:21
Been playing with the wife, driver difficulty is set to the easiest possible yet neither of us can finish above 9th place? I'm using the cars that it let's me select and I can't even come close to top 5.

Using controller btw
pepe reee
Otouto72
Otouto72
Posted on 19 May 19 at 10:49, Edited on 19 May 19 at 10:50 by Otouto72
What is your traction setting? I cannot drive for shit if it's off yet it needs to be off for drifting. When I leave it on I do much better.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 19 May 19 at 11:12
Have you got the nanny assists on like assisted braking and steering? That'll fuck you.

Braking you want it to be 'ABS on' and steering to be 'normal' that way the game doesnt brake or steer for you which it will do at dumb times when the racing line goes red (which it does on some straights for some reason) the game will brake you and the drivatars will fly by, same with steering it wont let you slip past them at cheeky times as you've ventured off the driving line.

Also are you actually upgrading the cars? If an event wants an A class and you pick one with a PI of 701 theres room for so many upgrades to get it to 800, stuff like handling so better brakes, suspension, weight reduction, tyres etc that make the car easier to drive.
Also you can blueprint races once you're out of the initial couple hours going through the seasons which means you can select whatever settings for races you want.

With the AI set to 'new racer' the game is ridiculously easy, at the start of a race the AI is 'competitive' but once you get further on they become dumber. To make you feel a challenge.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
planchetflaw
planchetflaw
Posted on 20 May 19 at 03:58
Sometimes if I need to do a quick race and I'm focussing on something from the game I'll select an easier drivatar difficulty. I swear the easiest two settings have a harder than usual driver. I always use 3rd to 5th easiest. Generally I'll use Expert or Pro for regular play. I sometimes find those easier than the easy ones.
DEEJUNE
98,630 98,630 GamerScore
DEEJUNE
Posted on 24 May 19 at 08:37
I had most driver assists off, TC and ABS on with manual transmission but would still get smoked by the new driver AI. I turned on all assists and managed to score first. It might be my car lacking upgrades, will check.
pepe reee
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 24 May 19 at 14:25
Did you change out of first gear? laugh You should be killing it at that level, I mean getting 1st place on the first corner pretty much! Tried a different controller? Just in case your trigger isn't allowing you to use full power?
Play nice!
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 13 August 19 at 14:24
If someone is not great at racers, but can manage OK, how hard is this going to be to 100% the base game?
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 13 August 19 at 14:28
Not very at all, right tunes in solutions sort out the hard stuff
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
TheGillesMuller
Posted on 13 August 19 at 21:24
It isn't a hard game, if you really just want to win get an AWD car that can shoot off the line and get in front almost instantly, AI drivers at the lower difficulties in all Forzas are useless once you get in front of them.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.