Game Discussion: Minecraft (Android) Forum

Solution for Achievements not unlocking

AuthorMessage
Davehx
Davehx
Posted on 19 May 19 at 14:20
I had met the requirements for many of the last two updates but they wouldn't unlock (and the tracking wasn't going up in the achievements section of the app). After a little experimenting it turns that the Ad-Away app was the problem. The app was tracking the progress somewhere internally but not showing that progress. I disabled Ad-Away and rebooted, everything unlocked as I launched minecraft. I double checked (re-enabled ad-away and rebooted, colleted about 400 more emeralds, waited about an hour - nothing tracked. Disbaled and rebooted, opened Minecraft - everything tracked instantly)

I guess that the hosts file that Ad-Away uses, prevents ads from Microsoft and, in turn, somehow prevents synching of progress.

So, if you're on a rooted phone and using ad-blocker software (quite probably others besides Ad-Away).....try disabling and rebooting

Hope this helps someone
Brad Pitt
Brad Pitt
Posted on 22 May 19 at 14:11
I had the same issue few months ago and searched for the solution. You need to white list these two addresses and it will work as normal. After doing it, no need to disable the app nomore.

v10.events.data.microsoft.com
v20.events.data.microsoft.com
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.