The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Sale 2019

• Posted on 22 May 19 at 16:09Permalink
    I love themed sales. I wish they could put a Kinect themed sale together.
  • Posted on 22 May 19 at 17:10, Edited on 22 May 19 at 17:10 by LucasmaniaXLPermalink
    Bruh, why the games i always want to be on the sale for the 360 never gets into?
    Which Portal: Still Alive, Portal 2 and the Sonic Series should be on this sale.

The only games i only got interested were GRID 2 and Autosport, Battleblock Theather and Alien Hominid.
  • Posted on 22 May 19 at 17:13Permalink
    Thelucas64 said:
    Bruh, why the games i always want to be on the sale for the 360 never gets into?
    Which Portal: Still Alive, Portal 2 and the Sonic Series should be on this sale.

The only games i only got interested were GRID 2 and Autosport, Battleblock Theather and Alien Hominid.
    There are Sonic-only sales pretty often, though it's been quite a bit since the last once. Been almost 2 years since a Portal sale though.
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz448,620
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 18:28Permalink
    I picked up Kingdoms of Amalur and Tropico 4. I knew Kingdoms could do better than their previous sale price of $9.99 CAD.

I am starting to run out of games to buy that I'll never play...
  • NetechmaNetechma134,360
  • BumbuliuzBumbuliuz354,119
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 23:13Permalink
    What's the best way to buy Xbox 360 games with credit on your account if you live in an unofficial country? Really wan't to pick up Kingdoms of Amalur and Dungeon Siege 3.
  • CosminiionCosminiion614,690
    Posted on 23 May 19 at 06:14, Edited on 23 May 19 at 06:19 by CosminiionPermalink
    Bumbuliuz said:
    What's the best way to buy Xbox 360 games with credit on your account if you live in an unofficial country? Really wan't to pick up Kingdoms of Amalur and Dungeon Siege 3.
    You'll need an actual 360 console to buy 360 games using your Microsoft Account balance. The currency on your account needs to match the region to which your 360 account belongs.

Some Games on Demand games will require VPN to be purchased and downloaded (you'll get error 80150017 where this is the case and you will not be charged), while others will be completely unbuyable due to potential regional differences of PAL vs NTSC (for example if you live in Europe and have a PAL 360 and your account is registered in the United States region, where games are NTSC; the majority of games on the US store are region free, but there are some which are exclusively NTSC; those cannot be purchased at all from a PAL 360 console; the system will let you know about this issue, where applicable, once you attempt the purchase and will not charge you; the way to work around this is to use an account registered in a PAL country and use that account to buy that game with appropriate currency).
  • Lord MidasLord Midas247,480
    Posted on 23 May 19 at 07:04Permalink
    This has probably been said a Krazillion times before, but they really need to put prices for 360 games on the Xbox store. In this sale alone do they expect people to click into every game tile, and click See The Price, on 245 games!! It's ridiculous.

I've heard say that because the 360 games are in a different store system, they can't show prices. Well, I call BS. They can deal with that. At the moment I'm loathed to buy any 360 games at any time for this reason. It's just not user-friendly at all.
    Hellsteeth!
  • berto 1355berto 1355139,795
    Posted on 23 May 19 at 14:15Permalink
    CheshireMulisha said:
    Tempted by Port Royale but not sure I want to purchase a game if the dlc is going to 3 times more expensive than the game!
    The main game has a lot to keep you entertained. The DLC costs $2.99 per pack, but are pretty easy to mop up achievement wise.

The other way to think about it is, you're getting a full game with all the DLC for $12.96, where the game's regular price is $19.99 without any of the DLC.
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4489,226
    Posted on 23 May 19 at 16:21Permalink
    berto 1355 said:
    CheshireMulisha said:
    Tempted by Port Royale but not sure I want to purchase a game if the dlc is going to 3 times more expensive than the game!
    The main game has a lot to keep you entertained. The DLC costs $2.99 per pack, but are pretty easy to mop up achievement wise.

The other way to think about it is, you're getting a full game with all the DLC for $12.96, where the game's regular price is $19.99 without any of the DLC.
    This is pretty much how you have to look at all 360 DLC now. Factor it in to your purchase price or risk it being delisted before it goes on sale
  • Posted on 23 May 19 at 17:50Permalink
    I probably picked up way too many for my own good.
  • Posted on 23 May 19 at 17:52Permalink
    KenH2k4 said:
    This is pretty much how you have to look at all 360 DLC now. Factor it in to your purchase price or risk it being delisted before it goes on sale
    Yeah, I especially wouldn't expect a sale on DLC that's only $3.
  • BumbuliuzBumbuliuz354,119
    Posted on 23 May 19 at 18:12Permalink
    Cosminiion said:
    Bumbuliuz said:
    You'll need an actual 360 console to buy 360 games using your Microsoft Account balance. The currency on your account needs to match the region to which your 360 account belongs.

Some Games on Demand games will require VPN to be purchased and downloaded (you'll get error 80150017 where this is the case and you will not be charged), while others will be completely unbuyable due to potential regional differences of PAL vs NTSC (for example if you live in Europe and have a PAL 360 and your account is registered in the United States region, where games are NTSC; the majority of games on the US store are region free, but there are some which are exclusively NTSC; those cannot be purchased at all from a PAL 360 console; the system will let you know about this issue, where applicable, once you attempt the purchase and will not charge you; the way to work around this is to use an account registered in a PAL country and use that account to buy that game with appropriate currency).
    I have an Xbox 360, I'm trying to buy PAL games in a PAL country. Just not that is officially supported. My Xbox is set to the Uk and I'm in Iceland that has never gotten an official Xbl support. Trying to find a VPN that works that let's me buy the games on my Xbox 360 and then play them later on my Xbox One.
  • Posted on 25 May 19 at 17:31Permalink
    How's Persona 4 Arena? Though honestly, I'm tempted to buy it just for the hope that Arc System Works and Atlus might see a small uptick from that and consider giving us more things...
    Jinrui ni eikou are!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.