Game Discussion: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Forum

How does this current Community Event work?

AuthorMessage
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 22 May 19 at 06:48
It says Vanquishes in MP games, I've gotten over 100 so far, but it's only counted 6 of them. I've been doing them all in solo with bots, since it's counted 6, I have to assume bots will work, but why has it only counted 6 out of the over 100 I've gotten?

The last game I got 11 kills, but the counter only went from 4 to 6.

What am I doing wrong?
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 22 May 19 at 07:14, Edited on 22 May 19 at 09:49 by EarthboundX
OK, think I got it now, I guess it's been glitched a bit, as only killing other players count for this.

So I just started split-screen, and went to the target range, and I'm just killing my extra controller over and over and it's counting.
I2xINCHxTONGUE
Posted on 22 May 19 at 09:26
I'm having the same problem, I've been playing solo Gardens n graveyards and around a third of my kills are counting, I'll give your way a go, see if its quicker, cheers
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 22 May 19 at 18:08
Counted fine for me in solo Gnome Bomb matches, but it doesn't count my kills, just my assists. I was able to get anywhere from 30-40 a game with my max level Toxic Citron.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 22 May 19 at 21:44, Edited on 22 May 19 at 22:44 by EarthboundX
Shinnizle said:
Counted fine for me in solo Gnome Bomb matches, but it doesn't count my kills, just my assists. I was able to get anywhere from 30-40 a game with my max level Toxic Citron.
Ah, that explains it thanks. It must have counted 6 of my assists in solo, but not the rest. That's just really weird. You can get about 1 kill every few seconds with the split-screen method I'm using though, so it may be faster.

Makes sure you move the extra controller from time to time though, the game actually kicked it after it was idle for 15-20 minutes. I guess pushing the respawn button doesn't count as being active.
xDisturbedx666
Posted on 23 May 19 at 02:11
Thanks for the split screen suggestion! Worked perfectly and was able to knock it out pretty quickly!
Disturbed in the House!
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 23 May 19 at 05:00
I completed 208 vanquishes in Gnome Bomb with bots, and it all counted on the pillar near the chests. My counter for the achievement is still stuck on 33% though
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 23 May 19 at 17:55
Shinnizle said:
Same here, assists only. I used engineers to get area damage, whittle down enemy health and let my team clean up. Didn’t take long as soon as I realized I don’t want to kill anyone.
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 26 May 19 at 01:59
Yeah, if you read the description, it makes it clear as mud, but this is how I interpret it: Kills on other players count (meaning actual players in online multiplayer), and assists also count (meaning assists of any kind, even with bot teammates against bots in Solo game types). At any rate, that's how I got my 200+ for the challenge (assists in Solo).
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 26 May 19 at 02:02
LiquidAg said:
...this is how I interpret it: Kills on other players count...
Oh, excuse me... "Vanquishes" on other players. We don't want to sound too violent in a game about sentient plants slaughtering zombies (who have, presumably, wiped out humanity and developed their own social hierarchy and political systems). Think of the children!
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.