The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

The 18 Quickest Game Completions from the Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Sale

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic600,914
  • Ktera playzKtera playz397,750
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 15:49
    It sucks that most of the games are only worth 200 or 400 gamerscore but good discounts nonetheless
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,183,659
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 15:50
    I'm not sure that Crystal Quest should be on the list, if only because it is a backwards compatibility list. As far as I can tell two, if not three, of the achievements require you to play on the pre-patch version of the game...otherwise they are just too hard. I'm no expert, but I think this is impossible on the X1. This would make the completion much harder than 4-5 hours.
    Legohead 1977
  • EvilResidentUKEvilResidentUK1,134,710
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 15:58
    Trine 2 is also easy and not too long
  • Posted on 22 May 19 at 16:19
    Hexic 2 like the first takes skill or luck to finish, stupid ruby and black pearls.
  • Posted on 22 May 19 at 16:26, Edited on 22 May 19 at 16:36 by ClassierPompano
    Ktera playz said:
    It sucks that most of the games are only worth 200 or 400 gamerscore but good discounts nonetheless
    Honestly that's how it should be for games like that. It's an absolutely joke that you can get 1000G for an arcade title. Stupid how Microsoft updated achievements to allow this bit have done jack all about allowing us to delete games with unobtainable achievements etc.

I don't even bother with the gamerscore leader boards anymore because it is just full of people who will happily spend extra money to get like 25000-50000G per month
  • brooza664brooza664222,498
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 16:29
    I couldn't do Alex Kidd in Miracle World as a child and I still can't!

That's no easy completion as far as I'm concerned
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4549,614
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 16:35
    Legohead 1977 said:
    I'm not sure that Crystal Quest should be on the list, if only because it is a backwards compatibility list. As far as I can tell two, if not three, of the achievements require you to play on the pre-patch version of the game...otherwise they are just too hard. I'm no expert, but I think this is impossible on the X1. This would make the completion much harder than 4-5 hours.
    Interpol also cannot be completed on X1 for a similar reason
  • Posted on 22 May 19 at 17:43
    No way Nights can be finished to 100% in 3-4 hours. Maybe if you played it a ton on the sega saturn and memoized the levels. Or you just are THAT GOOD. It’s a platformer unlike others. The flying mechanics really do take time to get good at.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 May 19 at 17:47
    ClassierPompano said:
    Ktera playz said:
    Honestly that's how it should be for games like that. It's an absolutely joke that you can get 1000G for an arcade title. Stupid how Microsoft updated achievements to allow this bit have done jack all about allowing us to delete games with unobtainable achievements etc.

I don't even bother with the gamerscore leader boards anymore because it is just full of people who will happily spend extra money to get like 25000-50000G per month
    Unfortunately you are correct, and I'll admit I get suckered into wasting money on Gamerscore too.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead544,646
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 18:42, Edited on 22 May 19 at 18:43 by HolyHalfDead
    I don’t think I’m your typical TA member. These lists are games for me to avoid as they represent such poor dollar per hour entertainment. Even worse, to complete many of these games in an hour or two requires you to follow a guide, so you are not even playing the game.

For example I have Monkey Island on 5.25” disk and have played it for hours, but I’ve never finished it. I would get stuck and then spend time trying to figure out what to do next. I respect there are some people who never get stuck, but I don’t believe none of the people who got all the achievements in under 3 hours didn’t look at a single guide.

I’m happy playing all the games that will never appear on these lists - like Forza, XCOM, C&C, Assassins Creed, Fallout, Halo, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Witcher...
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • NBA KirklandNBA Kirkland1,386,951
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 18:42
    Hexic 2, 2-3 hours lol
    Hexic 2
    @NBAKirkland
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead544,646
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 18:45, Edited on 22 May 19 at 19:03 by HolyHalfDead
    NBA Kirkland said:
    Hexic 2, 2-3 hours lol
    Hexic 2
    That is my other problem with these lists. Just because there are 5 people who claimed to get it done in under 3 hours, the 18 people that said it took longer (over 8 hours) are ignored.

These lists should be based on the median, not the lowest mode. Even calculating the mean would be better than the mode.

If 100 people say it took 100 hours, 80 people say it took 20 hours and 80 people say it took 30 hours, the lowest mode is 100 hours, but the median is 30 hours.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • TitianDanTitianDan812,895
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 18:47
    KenH2k4 said:
    Legohead 1977 said:
    Interpol also cannot be completed on X1 for a similar reason
    Actually, yes interpol can be done on the xbox one. I believe i wrote a comment on a solution or in the forums or something a few years ago because their is a way around it
    D Jones
  • zoidberg1339zoidberg1339421,732
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 19:06
    HolyHalfDead said:
    For example I have Monkey Island on 5.25” disk and have played it for hours, but I’ve never finished it. I would get stuck and then spend time trying to figure out what to do next. I respect there are some people who never get stuck, but I don’t believe none of the people who got all the achievements in under 3 hours didn’t look at a single guide.

Yeah, 2-3 hours for Monkey Island 2 means you’re either following a walkthrough step by step or you know the game really well and are just speedrunning it.

I wrote my Monkey Island walkthroughs so the speedrun achievements were saved for a second playthrough so you can actually enjoy the story of the game at least. Otherwise you have to skip through all the dialogue/cutscenes and you miss a lot of the fun that way.
    I just wanted to play video games.
  • bigsmok3rbigsmok3r1,069,059
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 19:36
    Hexic 2 under 3 hours? Just no.
  • BobBoxBody29BobBoxBody29334,539
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 19:41
    Hexic 2 on a 'fast completion' list? You've got to be joking. Some of those black pearl achievements are hella hard and rely on a LOT of luck.

Dead Rising: Case Zero is a bit easier but I think there's a MP achievement that I could never get because it involved co-op and I could never get a game going. It's probably near impossible to find one now.
  • Posted on 22 May 19 at 19:54
    LordBern said:
    Dead Rising: Case Zero is a bit easier but I think there's a MP achievement that I could never get because it involved co-op and I could never get a game going. It's probably near impossible to find one now.
    You're talking about Case West I think. There is no multiplayer in Case Zero.
  • NetechmaNetechma196,294
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 20:09
    ClassierPompano said:
    Ktera playz said:

Then go by TA value and not gamerscore value? You wouldn't be the only one to do that or feel that way. That's largely why that value/TA value exists. "Easy" or overvalued or pay to get achievements. But as far as games in general costing money..... hey there are always plenty of free ones and then you have mobile platform. ...
  • Zarda1Zarda1555,907
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 21:37
    Maawww...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.