The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

The 18 Quickest Game Completions from the Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Sale

• CHRISNINETY1CHRISNINETY1316,512
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 22:13
    HolyHalfDead said:
    For example I have Monkey Island on 5.25” disk and have played it for hours, but I’ve never finished it. I would get stuck and then spend time trying to figure out what to do next. I respect there are some people who never get stuck, but I don’t believe none of the people who got all the achievements in under 3 hours didn’t look at a single guide.
    In a lot of cases, such as myself, it's not so much the use of a guide but rather having previously completed it - in my case, back in the 90s when it originally came out on the Commodore Amiga. Whilst I didn't use a guide then (seeing as that wasn't a thing), it did take several weeks, maybe even months. Once you've completed it one time though, doing a 3 hour speed run is easy.

Going in blind and not using a guide, then of course there's no chance of doing it that quickly.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 May 19 at 23:13
    Usually im kind of happy that I don't own to many of the games on these easy completion lists, but, now, Iv got 15 out of 18. I considered most of them to be good games though, apart from crystal quest, all of these games are pretty good actually. I cant say that usually when the easy xbox one completion lists is published, and I don't play for easy completions anymore anyway, I just want to play good games. but im always curious to see which games are considered as easy completions. I haven't even completed some of these which iv had since release.
  • Posted on 23 May 19 at 01:32
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I don’t think I’m your typical TA member. These lists are games for me to avoid as they represent such poor dollar per hour entertainment. Even worse, to complete many of these games in an hour or two requires you to follow a guide, so you are not even playing the game.

For example I have Monkey Island on 5.25” disk and have played it for hours, but I’ve never finished it. I would get stuck and then spend time trying to figure out what to do next. I respect there are some people who never get stuck, but I don’t believe none of the people who got all the achievements in under 3 hours didn’t look at a single guide.

I’m happy playing all the games that will never appear on these lists - like Forza, XCOM, C&C, Assassins Creed, Fallout, Halo, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Witcher...
    toast I'm with you bro
  • Posted on 23 May 19 at 02:25, Edited on 23 May 19 at 02:27 by Elliot Pierson
    HolyHalfDead said:
    NBA Kirkland said:
    Hexic 2, 2-3 hours lol
    Hexic 2
    That is my other problem with these lists. Just because there are 5 people who claimed to get it done in under 3 hours, the 18 people that said it took longer (over 8 hours) are ignored.

These lists should be based on the median, not the lowest mode. Even calculating the mean would be better than the mode.

If 100 people say it took 100 hours, 80 people say it took 20 hours and 80 people say it took 30 hours, the lowest mode is 100 hours, but the median is 30 hours.
    I agree, although it shouldnt be the median. It should be something else that I don't know the name of and it would show a figure in the same way that the rating system for games on here (and everywhere) work.

So 20 people saying 30 hours and 20 people saying 40 hours would put the number at 35 and thus would get the 30-40 hour tag on this site.

EDIT: just checked the completion times and the options are 30-35 & 35-40 but either of the 3 would work in this case, chances of it adding up to exactly 35 hours would be unlikely
  • NoApologies1988NoApologies19881,168,374
    Posted on 23 May 19 at 04:44, Edited on 23 May 19 at 04:45 by NoApologies1988
    I'd like to see Daves game list to see how many of these 'easy' titles he's completed.
  • SveinpusSveinpus152,374
    Posted on 23 May 19 at 07:11
    brooza664 said:
    I couldn't do Alex Kidd in Miracle World as a child and I still can't!

That's no easy completion as far as I'm concerned
    You can save :)

It was a nice experience to complete the game, since that was near impossible when we were kids.
  • SveinpusSveinpus152,374
    Posted on 23 May 19 at 07:22
    CHRISNINETY1 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    In a lot of cases, such as myself, it's not so much the use of a guide but rather having previously completed it - in my case, back in the 90s when it originally came out on the Commodore Amiga. Whilst I didn't use a guide then (seeing as that wasn't a thing), it did take several weeks, maybe even months. Once you've completed it one time though, doing a 3 hour speed run is easy.

Going in blind and not using a guide, then of course there's no chance of doing it that quickly.
    I played this game for countless of hours on my Macintosh Power PC, and I remembered almost every puzzle.

For a new player to complete it under three hours, you would have to sacrifice the fun for the gamerscore in my opinion.
  • NomstuffNomstuff700,734
    Posted on 23 May 19 at 09:16
    NoApologies1988 said:
    I'd like to see Daves game list to see how many of these 'easy' titles he's completed.
    It doesn't say easy, just quickest cos it's taken from the user submitted times
  • Posted on 23 May 19 at 11:43
    CHRISNINETY1 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:

Same here I have played Monkey Island 1 and 2 over and over since I was 5. I can do them blindly by now and still love them. Similiar experiences wih other Lucasarts Adventures =9 Good times.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle929,888
    Posted on 23 May 19 at 13:27
    NoApologies1988 said:
    You say that as if he has hand-picked them laugh
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,363,316
    Posted on 23 May 19 at 22:08
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I don’t think I’m your typical TA member. These lists are games for me to avoid as they represent such poor dollar per hour entertainment. Even worse, to complete many of these games in an hour or two requires you to follow a guide, so you are not even playing the game.

I’m happy playing all the games that will never appear on these lists - like Forza, XCOM, C&C, Assassins Creed, Fallout, Halo, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Witcher...
    Why not both groups? I have both the Money Island games, not because they are fast or easy, but because I've always wanted to play them.
  • Posted on 24 May 19 at 22:25
    EarthboundX said:
    HolyHalfDead said:

Why not both groups? I have both the Money Island games, not because they are fast or easy, but because I've always wanted to play them.
    Yeah I feel it’s however you want to play. Some people like easy and quick gamerscore and others will get as much as they can out of the story/gameplay they can. Both are fine styles depending on the game. If someone was try to speed through a game like mass effect for the achievements and not follow the story then that would just be criminal lol
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,363,316
    Posted on 25 May 19 at 08:52, Edited on 25 May 19 at 08:56 by EarthboundX
    ClassierPompano said:
    Ktera playz said:
    It sucks that most of the games are only worth 200 or 400 gamerscore but good discounts nonetheless
    Honestly that's how it should be for games like that. It's an absolutely joke that you can get 1000G for an arcade title. Stupid how Microsoft updated achievements to allow this bit have done jack all about allowing us to delete games with unobtainable achievements etc.

I don't even bother with the gamerscore leader boards anymore because it is just full of people who will happily spend extra money to get like 25000-50000G per month
    How is a pointless number that says 200 instead of 1000 somehow any better? I don't understand the hate for 1000 GS games instead of 200 or 400.

An ultimately pointless number is pointless no matter how high or low it is. Nobody in the "real world" cares how high our GS is, it's not worth anything, so just have fun playing what you want.
  • Archer SpenseArcher Spense1,014,624
    Posted on 25 May 19 at 18:37
    my $0.02

would not recommend Interpol unless you are going to play it on the One. The resolution is so bad on the 360, your tv screen will look like its coated in Vaseline and it makes the game harder.

also a big F you on Word Puzzle. That game is absolutely not a 4-5 hour completion. The campaign mode is nearly impossible to complete legitimately on the last 2-3 areas.
  • EastXEastX454,189
    Posted on 27 May 19 at 14:17
    I'm glad all games have at least 1,000 Gamerscore now. Nuts to only giving them 200!
    -Paul Acevedo, Windows Central
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.