Game Discussion: A Plague Tale: Innocence Forum

Would like to have a guide for the crafting materials

AuthorMessage
NapalmNiko
NapalmNiko
Posted on 24 May 19 at 09:54
Would be great to have a complete guide for the two missable upgrade achievements.
Greetings Niko
HateMe4141
HateMe4141
Posted on 24 May 19 at 17:38
Agreed. I managed to miss one of the upgrade achievements even though I did not crate the optional items or purchase any alchemy upgrades. It seems you need to upgrade them in the proper order or you will not be able to carry enough items to make the upgrades
Msross
Msross
Posted on 24 May 19 at 18:47
Guides need to be written.
NapalmNiko
NapalmNiko
Posted on 25 May 19 at 08:19
Missable achievements suck
Greetings Niko
TassieTigerDave
Posted on 25 May 19 at 11:29
It is unlikely you will get both upgrade achievements in 1 play through. You also can't go back and farm the few items you need in Chapter Select. Progress is saved at the start of each chapter.

My suggestion is to make your first 2 upgrades:
Pocket 1: Hold up to 12 materials of each type
Pocket 2: Hold up to 16 materials of each type

Take note of which chapter you first start with those 2 upgrades.
Now concentrate on either only upgrading sling until you get that achievement or only upgrading equipment until you get that achievement.

Once you complete the game, go to Chapter Select and start at the chapter you first started with the 2 Pocket upgrades. Now just go for the opposite upgrade achievement.

It should take a few Chapters. I started my replay to get the final upgrade achievement on Chapter 4 and it took me until Chapter 10 (I did Equipment first and Sling on my replay)
ImaginaryRuins
Posted on 25 May 19 at 15:58, Edited on 25 May 19 at 16:04 by ImaginaryRuins
TassieTigerDave said:
It is unlikely you will get both upgrade achievements in 1 play through. You also can't go back and farm the few items you need in Chapter Select. Progress is saved at the start of each chapter.
I took a look at TrueTrophy and according to the guides there, it is possible to utitlise chapter replaying to farm materials. I am not exactly sure though because I actually was able to upgrade EVERYTHING including Alchemy in my first playthrough. It is doable, but yes, it is not easy because one has to be very efficient in material finding and managing.

I was able to get both the Sling and Equipment to Tier 2 completely during Ch.9, and fully upgraded the Sling during Ch. 12 and the Equipment Ch.15 respectively.
PlusATHEY
PlusATHEY
Posted on 25 May 19 at 18:52
I am having issue with this, managed to get the sling done and out of the way, but not the Equipment, everywhere I am reading says that going from chapter 9 - 12 is the best course.
Cuthred
Cuthred
Posted on 25 May 19 at 20:41
TassieTigerDave said:

My suggestion is to make your first 2 upgrades:
Pocket 1: Hold up to 12 materials of each type
Pocket 2: Hold up to 16 materials of each type

Take note of which chapter you first start with those 2 upgrades.
Now concentrate on either only upgrading sling until you get that achievement or only upgrading equipment until you get that achievement.

Once you complete the game, go to Chapter Select and start at the chapter you first started with the 2 Pocket upgrades. Now just go for the opposite upgrade achievement.

It should take a few Chapters. I started my replay to get the final upgrade achievement on Chapter 4 and it took me until Chapter 10 (I did Equipment first and Sling on my replay)
not unlikely, I just finished my first playthough and got both. You just have to search everywhere and don't waste to many leather and fabric on ammo.
Redrum4
Redrum4
Posted on 26 May 19 at 07:29
Just a note going backwards you lose any upgrades you had before that chapter...I didnt buy any upgrades in the alchemy tree and was short on both and I scoured everywhere....slowly...so anyone saying they got all in one run...I have no clue how. I went back and got upgrades....only to shut of the console after saving and reloaded and lost all my progress and items as they do not save if you load another chapter. So if you start over at a lower chapter play until you get it or make sure you continue or you will lose progress ..I lost 3 lvls worth. 9-11 not happy as I didnt realize I went back and was so low level....and last level there isnt enough items to upgrade everything so you will have to lose progress to progress...ugh. Wish the guide said to upgrade the pouch first and that without that you would end up screwed
iceblu26
iceblu26
Posted on 26 May 19 at 14:16
I was able to get both upgrade achievements on one playthrough. My main tip is to just be really careful about crafting ammo, especially ones like luminosa that use leather. Only use that ammo when you have to. Leather is the material I was shortest on in the end (but I luckily found enough in chapter 16).

And definitely upgrade the pouch as soon as you can so you can carry more materials.
Kongo Dragon
Kongo Dragon
Posted on 28 May 19 at 21:27
PlusATHEY said:
I am having issue with this, managed to get the sling done and out of the way, but not the Equipment, everywhere I am reading says that going from chapter 9 - 12 is the best course.
I've just ran through chapter 9-12 in order to max out the sling. I got nowhere near. It all depends on how you've upgraded during your initial run. Best thing to do is to bite the bullet and essentially start again.
cseale23
cseale23
Posted on 29 May 19 at 01:29
So I just completed the end of chapter 15 and was able to get both achievements. (Did pocket achievement during chapter 12 finished sling during chapter 15) My advice is do the materials first followed by ammo then go for the sling and last do the attire. Really search each section of the game before moving on. Also don’t worry about alchemy until you have the sling and pockets done. I think going into chapter 16 I have all but 2 levels of alchemy left and 15 of each ammo you can get.
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 30 May 19 at 14:29
Currently on Chapter 13, I only have 2 upgrades left on the Equipment haven't focused on the sling at all. I've been pretty careful with looking too. Annoying achievements in an otherwise superb game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.