Game Discussion: We Happy Few Forum

Why is this Game’s TA Ratio so High?

AuthorMessage
TromboneGuy360
Posted on 27 May 19 at 01:27
Do people try this game, unlock one achievement, and not finish it? Is it a hard game? A tedious, long game?
Just curious before I start it soon.
"Imagine if you only woke up tomorrow with the things you prayed for today."
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 27 May 19 at 04:09
I 100%'d it recently and I'd say it's because it's long and quite tedious for the average gamer who checked it out with Game Pass. It's also a bit buggy and has some poorly implemented features which would turn people off.

That said, I enjoyed the strange storyline and the well voiced characters enough to complete it through game pass but I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone buy it outright unless at a huge discount.

Also I highly recommend this achievement roadmap if you want to 100% it in one playthrough since there's a fair amount of missable achievements and collectables: https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7168...
Posting from sunny Australia.
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 27 May 19 at 06:20
i am glad it has a high TA ratio...but as what "Lockie" said, the game has some tedious mechanism and poorly implemented ideas that will push the average player, and also the majority of the achievements need planning ahead and really put some work into them.
i my self enjoyed the game although at first glance i kinda regretted playing it, but at the end i came out from the gate with a happy face :D
Have no fear, Amjad is here
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 27 May 19 at 06:50, Edited on 27 May 19 at 06:50 by Lockie
Yeah it definitely would've helped if they reduced the scope and polished it to play more like a Bioshock sort of game.

The procedurally generated open world seemed unnecessary and to have a crafting and survival system on top of it... it feels like they were trying to please everybody (which I guess comes down to being a Kickstarter game).

Anyway I'm still glad I decided to quench my curiosity of it, since it is such a cool game once you get used to its idiosyncrasies. smile
Posting from sunny Australia.
Rossco7530
Rossco7530
Posted on 27 May 19 at 12:12
That's Game Pass for you! Just looking at the achievement spread, over 10,000 players have only 1 achievement. shock

I think it would have been a great game if it was compressed into about a third of the size. And yeah... no need for a procedurally generated world. Personally, I didn't get a Bioshock vibe at all. Maybe because of that comparison, people didn't get what they were expecting a give it away pretty quickly.
Leo Ascendent
Leo Ascendent
Posted on 27 May 19 at 21:35
Played it for a few hours myself, expecting some Bioshock-esque drug trip. It is nothing like that, and I honestly regret starting it. Maybe it'll get better, but as of right now, it's so slow paced, hard to understand (sometimes literally, as I don't talk to anyone with a thick Brit accent), and did I mention slow?

I like the idea, but so far, unimpressed.
youtube.com/glddgaming - mixer.com/leo_ascendent
The S bot 9000
Posted on 18 July 19 at 04:57
Took me ~35 hours to 1k it but that includes about 5 hours of bad RNG for one of the collectibles. The game is a pretty unoptimized and has alot of annoying loading screens plus there's a fair amount to keep track of so that's probably why, not to mention it was on Game Pass earlier this year (and might still be?). As others have said, it is not at ALL like Bioshock and it kinda makes me wonder how so many people, myself included, got to the idea that it was a bioshock type gameredface
Gutsy Goddess
Gutsy Goddess
Posted on 01 August 19 at 08:43
The graphic and gameplay is amazing. At least for me. Maybe its because i play too many craps fot ratio. But this was a pleasant game for me. The system and mechanichs sucks. But thats all. Give it a try if u have a bit of patience
Gutsy Goddess
Gutsy Goddess
Posted on 01 August 19 at 08:47
The graphic looks like bioshovk and game play reminds mr of zombi and dishonored style. Seriously a good game. Maybr poeple give up after finding out that this is not like bioshock. The storyis as vague as bioshock imfinite though :D
Itz chibi
Itz chibi
Posted on 17 August 19 at 16:45
It is a good game but people gave it poor reviews i happened to really enjoy it
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.