Game Discussion: Halo: Reach Forum

Halo reach new ranks or prestige option?

AuthorMessage
cs mester
cs mester
Posted on 27 May 19 at 16:19
Hi.Is there a chance that there will be new ranks?Or prestige system?
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 27 May 19 at 18:31
Are you talking about when they remaster it for the Master Chief Collection? There hasn't been anything said, so nobody really knows, so technically yes there is a chance. Each individual game doesn't use it's own rank system in MCC, so I wouldn't expect it.
#mentallypudding
cs mester
cs mester
Posted on 27 May 19 at 20:41
"Each individual game doesn't use it's own rank system in MCC, so I wouldn't expect it." ?
JungAndReckless
Posted on 28 May 19 at 00:12
cs mester said:
{#}Each individual game doesn't use it's own rank system in MCC, so I wouldn't expect it.{#} ?
If I recall correctly, the only ranks included in the Master Chief collection were competitive rankings in the various playlists. I wouldn't expect to see any ranks at all, and all of the armor will probably be available from launch.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 28 May 19 at 07:32, Edited on 28 May 19 at 07:39 by Yazite
JungAndReckless said:
cs mester said:
{#}Each individual game doesn't use it's own rank system in MCC, so I wouldn't expect it.{#} ?
If I recall correctly, the only ranks included in the Master Chief collection were competitive rankings in the various playlists. I wouldn't expect to see any ranks at all, and all of the armor will probably be available from launch.
It's been heavily implied that Reach on MCC will have a deeper progression system and that it will retain a similar system for unlocking armour. Whether the progression system will be available for the other games in MCC remains to be seen.

This has all the answers we know so far. The threads are in the PC forum but we should expect most aspects to be on console too.

Reddit AMA

What's confirmed and what's speculation
Wake me, when you need me.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 28 May 19 at 20:08
Maybe I looked through it too quick, but I don't see anything "heavily implying" a deeper progression system or a similar system for armor unlocks (though the latter wouldn't surprise me to see)
#mentallypudding
JungAndReckless
Posted on 29 May 19 at 03:26
alklein92201 said:
Maybe I looked through it too quick, but I don't see anything {#}heavily implying{#} a deeper progression system or a similar system for armor unlocks (though the latter wouldn't surprise me to see)
It only mentioned that it would have a deeper progression system regarding armor unlocks, it didn't mention ranks at all. Also a deeper progression than the originals doesn't really say much as in the original it was kill enemies to get money to buy armor.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 29 May 19 at 07:05
Q. Should we expect to see the same amazing Ranking/Credit system in Halo:Reach like it was in the past?

A. First, we're happy to say that Halo: Reach in MCC will in fact have the same level of "mix and match" customization found in the original games (all the individual armor pieces, etc..). As to how it's earned, we are exploring a new and deeper progression system that retains the feel of the old systems and blends them with newer models for game progression (all based on in-game play, no type of monetization or anything of that nature)

I would say that heavily implies unlocking armour pieces based on ranking up.
JungAndReckless
Posted on 29 May 19 at 19:33
Yazite said:
Q. Should we expect to see the same amazing Ranking/Credit system in Halo:Reach like it was in the past?

A. First, we're happy to say that Halo: Reach in MCC will in fact have the same level of {#}mix and match{#} customization found in the original games (all the individual armor pieces, etc..). As to how it's earned, we are exploring a new and deeper progression system that retains the feel of the old systems and blends them with newer models for game progression (all based on in-game play, no type of monetization or anything of that nature)

I would say that heavily implies unlocking armour pieces based on ranking up.
That's how it was before... You got access to stuff as you leveled up then you had to buy them with credits. That isn't a deeper progression system, and it doesn't say that at all.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 29 May 19 at 19:54
We have no idea what it will be right now. It's pure speculation. Maybe I was wrong saying it heavily implied something but based on him saying both exploring a new and deeper progression system + retaining old systems shows that they're looking to incorporate the old system and expand upon it in new ways.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 30 May 19 at 06:11
It doesn't say retaining old systems. It says retaining the feel of them, which most likely just means unlocking them over time by playing the game. You're right, we have no idea, but your whole initial comment was quite the stretch, which is why I thought I might have missed something in your links. We have no reason to believe a ranking system is going to be made just so that we can have ranks for Reach unlocks.
#mentallypudding
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 30 May 19 at 07:18, Edited on 30 May 19 at 07:19 by Yazite
We actually got a look at the work in progress progression system last night

Source

TLDR:

- Looking to modernize Reach legacy progression system
- XP system awards XP based on medals earned in game - under teamwork and performance
- XP only earned in dedicated servers
- XP earned in all MCC titles, not just Reach
- Player rank and title changes as more XP is earned
- MCC will have seasons
- Players earn season points by completing challenges and ranking up
- Challenges will be available for players to complete (in game challenges)
- Season points can be spent on armour, firefight voices, nameplates etc
- Content is tiered in a season (I think like Rocket League where you have to work your way up tiers to unlock better cosmetics)
- Content is not locked retroactively (all H3 and H4 armour will still be unlocked for everyone)
- Seasonal unlocks and points are not discontinued when seasons rotate
- None of the above is locked behind paywalls or microtransactions
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 30 May 19 at 13:16
Well that was some damn fine timing laugh
#mentallypudding
cs mester
cs mester
Posted on 14 June 19 at 21:09
alklein92201 said:
Well that was some damn fine timing laugh
?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.