The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 28th, 2019

AuthorMessage
Chuck710Taylor
Posted on 28 May 19 at 01:15
Backlog time I see. try to clear some space before summer sales.
緑眼のイアン
Posted on 28 May 19 at 01:21
Apache117X said:
What’s Vampyr like? 21 sounds reasonable for that game?
It's okay. It's a solid, fun game with an interesting enough story. The combat is kind of boring/repetitive, but overall it's not bad. I'd say it's worth the price. Worth noting that it's on Gamepass, though, if you have that.
Jinrui ni eikou are!
PocketCapybara4
Posted on 28 May 19 at 01:38
It's an okay game.
Took me a while to realize the conversations were repetitive and not that interesting. The combat was alright.
But just get it on Gamepass.
Paw McCatney
Paw McCatney
Posted on 28 May 19 at 01:51
Vertical Drop Heroes was such a fun experience. Highly recommend it, and that is a fantastic price.

Uncanny Valley is an easy 1000 gs. Strange, but memorable game.
Hey, you! Pipe down!
Doombot98275
Doombot98275
Posted on 28 May 19 at 01:59
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Renato UNSC said:
Yooka-Laylee clap
Any good? Reviews seem very average, and the super positive ones are obviously seen through nostalgia goggles lol
Yeah, I feel like the screenshots tell you everything that this game is about. It isn't bad, but man, it (for me, at least) REALLY feels like a game aimed at little kids. Which, if you remember those games being fun, then you're probably remembering enjoying them when you were little.

This genre has recently had a resurgence. Most of these newer games are directed towards adults who used to enjoy these games and expect them to evolved along with them. Not this one. Not that that's necessarily bad, but I think for most players it isn't what they were hoping for.

I'd recommend Super Lucky's Tale instead. (But, alas, it is rarely on sale.)
Doombot98275
Doombot98275
Posted on 28 May 19 at 02:00
Paw McCatney said:
Vertical Drop Heroes was such a fun experience. Highly recommend it, and that is a fantastic price.

Yeah, I'd totally recommend both of those games and they're at a fantastic price right now.

There's a video (probably a few) that guide you through Uncanny Valley so you can 100% the game on your first playthrough. Otherwise, it'll take you a 2 or 3 times of beating the game.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 28 May 19 at 02:22
Doombot98275 said:
Paw McCatney said:

Yeah, I'd totally recommend both of those games and they're at a fantastic price right now.

There's a video (probably a few) that guide you through Uncanny Valley so you can 100% the game on your first playthrough. Otherwise, it'll take you a 2 or 3 times of beating the game.
I might have to check these out. Is vertical drop fairly doable? Haven’t heard of it, but looks fun
Matthew
ScoPhibes
ScoPhibes
Posted on 28 May 19 at 03:03
Hmm, I might be spending money for once..
Paw McCatney
Paw McCatney
Posted on 28 May 19 at 03:53
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Doombot98275 said:
Paw McCatney said:

I might have to check these out. Is vertical drop fairly doable? Haven’t heard of it, but looks fun
It's a rogue-lite, so there's definitely some grinding. I sunk over 20 hours into it, so nothing crazy. Loved every minute. Great soundtrack, too. There's some helpful tips on here as far as which setups tend to work the best, especially for the final boss, who can be a pain.
Hey, you! Pipe down!
StanleyCup CAPS
Posted on 28 May 19 at 05:11
Can anyone provide an opinion about Ages of Mages? Any good? Similar to anything? Thanks in advance.
Basileus
Basileus
Posted on 28 May 19 at 06:54
Nothing for me this week.
AH Lewis
AH Lewis
Posted on 28 May 19 at 07:55
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Renato UNSC said:
Yooka-Laylee clap
Any good? Reviews seem very average, and the super positive ones are obviously seen through nostalgia goggles lol
It was fun and had a lot of content! I enjoyed it and also enjoyed Banjo Kazooie!
L.Woodhall

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 28 May 19 at 12:01
Solo Wing 82 said:
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Renato UNSC said:
Yooka-Laylee clap
that's exactly it. if you liked banjo games, then this game is good.
Awful game. Got it for 9.99 at Target over a year and a half ago
9.99 is over priced. Have fun
Obtained the shadows rushed me.
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 28 May 19 at 12:12
Apache117X said:
What’s Vampyr like? 21 sounds reasonable for that game?
Aint Vampyr free on gamepass though ?
Xbox 1, Ps4, Switch Gamer. Feel free to add me.
supadryz
supadryz
Posted on 28 May 19 at 12:46
My money is safe for another week .
I ASK NO ONE
I ASK NO ONE
Posted on 28 May 19 at 13:11
Vampyr is down to $15 from $60, that doesn't sound good lol I may pick it up based on the view suggestions here.
I ASK NO ONE
xxxxPRODIGYxxxx
Posted on 28 May 19 at 13:17
Paw McCatney said:

I'm nominating your gamertag for the prestigious award of "Best gamertag in this comment thread"
Sir Dane III
Sir Dane III
Posted on 28 May 19 at 13:56
Vampyr is a decent game, but you definitely spend half the game in some sort of loading screen...
wolfsburgraz
wolfsburgraz
Posted on 28 May 19 at 15:39
Does anyone have any feedback on the seemingly heavily SNES Legend of Zelda inspired Shalnor Legends?
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 28 May 19 at 15:44
wolfsburgraz said:
Does anyone have any feedback on the seemingly heavily SNES Legend of Zelda inspired Shalnor Legends?
I bought it full price because it was highly recommended as Zelda-esque, but have yet to boot it up
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.