Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Battlefield V's Frontlines and Domination Playlists Have Been Removed

AuthorMessage
PsychicChicken
Posted on 29 May 19 at 22:23
lolmanX0 said:
Now if they could fix the score related achievements...
What's wrong with them? They all unlocked fine for me and 1000s of others.
Scorpionxx0
Scorpionxx0
Posted on 29 May 19 at 22:53
PsychicChicken said:
lolmanX0 said:
Although I personally can’t confirm this but it seems after the last update some mp achievements have been glitched shut
Or1g1nal S1nn3r
Posted on 30 May 19 at 00:16
All they really need is Conquest and Breakthrough.

It would be preferable if they revamped Grand Operations so that it wasn't such a mess and ditched all the Conquest modes within it and streamlined it to how it was in BF1 but I guess that's not in the cards either.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 30 May 19 at 00:24
ArkhmInmate0801 said:
This is why I hate EA and I hate mp achievements. I have so many unfinished games on my list due to shit like this from EA.
This is not something another company wouldn't have done, and does not effect the achievements.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
Your buddy DEG
Posted on 30 May 19 at 00:31
Oh no, more stuff removed. I'm studying hard to become educated enough to play this but I fear there will be little left.
V4R14N7
V4R14N7
Posted on 30 May 19 at 01:12
I quite enjoyed Domination and never had a problem finding a full game, so that's a shame. The only issue I had was people not quite getting how it's played and either trying to grab all the flags instead of focusing on 2 or just going for kills and letting the other team tick down points by owning all flags.

These BFC only stuff is quite annoying. Everything was fine with Company Coins, but locking the truly better looking stuff behind real money is a terrible move. Either lower the prices or let a little bit be earned slowly like most other games out there that uses this model.
I still don't understand this model. If skins were only a $1 a piece, I'd buy them regularly not thinking about the price because it's so cheap, so they'd actually get me to buy more then say dropping $5-10 for one and done, but now they get zero total.
Elliot Pierson
Posted on 30 May 19 at 01:42
reforc3 said:
Elliot Pierson said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:
How can they be removing content that was advertised for the game? Is that not illegal? At the very least it's theft and fraud
No it's not illegal by any means. You must not have been gaming for very long.
How about you enlighten me then
By reading the terms and conditions of the game you accepted before playing...

Whether they explain that either the content and the currencies used in the game are up to decision of the developer and the user decline their rights to clem anything about it...
Hahaha how do you read the terms and conditions when you've already gone into a shop and bought it physically? They can't take your money first and then make rules second
Elliot Pierson
Posted on 30 May 19 at 01:44, Edited on 30 May 19 at 05:34 by Elliot Pierson
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:
How can they be removing content that was advertised for the game? Is that not illegal? At the very least it's theft and fraud
A developer/publisher has the right (per the terms of service agreement you agree to before playing) to discontinue services that are not longer being used or no longer profitable. They are a business after all, and for them to keep pumping money into servers for game modes that aren't being used enough to justify the cost is a waste of money and bad business.

Basic business 101.
Once again, the terms of service come AFTER you've already bought it, so it's too late by then. Especially discontinuing services so quickly after release without compensation

Basic theft 101
lolmanX0
lolmanX0
Posted on 30 May 19 at 02:07
PsychicChicken said:
lolmanX0 said:
As Scorpion mentionned, the latest patch (last Thursday I think) made those achievements not unlock for players who've met the requirements. My achievement tracker for Jack of All Trades has actually gone down from 75% to 50% after getting 100k with the last class I needed pts with, and it even dropped to 25% now.

Sucks.
Scorpionxx0
Scorpionxx0
Posted on 30 May 19 at 02:55
Oh and it should also be noted that the rewards for doing the challenges in the campaign have been removed. I did all challenges for the last tiger campaign and never got my skin so I looked and it as well as the melee weapons were removed from the selection area.
ronnie42
ronnie42
Posted on 30 May 19 at 10:08
Zorlac0666 said:
ronnie42 said:
So they remove them and keep the awful battle royale clone mode.....roll
Which people are actually playing.
And people play CoD...that doesn't mean I have to like it. roll
Doom rocks
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 30 May 19 at 12:25
Elliot Pierson said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:
A developer/publisher has the right (per the terms of service agreement you agree to before playing) to discontinue services that are not longer being used or no longer profitable. They are a business after all, and for them to keep pumping money into servers for game modes that aren't being used enough to justify the cost is a waste of money and bad business.

Basic business 101.
Once again, the terms of service come AFTER you've already bought it, so it's too late by then. Especially discontinuing services so quickly after release without compensation

Basic theft 101
Sorry man, it's not theft. You still have a completely working game. That's all they owe you. You really need to learn a little more about this. It's not an uncommon practice for a business to cut off a part of it's product if it's not performing well. If part of a store isn't performing well they remove it or change it, if part of a website isn't doing well it's usually removed.

Now keep in mind you very much can still play these modes in private matches. Nothing has actually been taken from you, so you're actually crying a false claim completely.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
stealth finger
Posted on 30 May 19 at 12:42
Awww after conquest, domination was the best mode. Here let's take this fast paced tdm+ mode out and tell people to play the much slower squad conquest instead which is a mini version of the main mode. Good one dice.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 30 May 19 at 13:15
stealth finger said:
Awww after conquest, domination was the best mode. Here let's take this fast paced tdm+ mode out and tell people to play the much slower squad conquest instead which is a mini version of the main mode. Good one dice.
But let's keep it in private matches for those that still want it! Good one dice!!
P00R GRENDEL
P00R GRENDEL
Posted on 30 May 19 at 23:23
I just wish they would RELEASE MORE MAPS. Mercury dropped today and it reminded me just how bare bones the map selection still is.
ClaytThaGreat
ClaytThaGreat
Posted on 31 May 19 at 01:36
lolmanX0 said:
^THIS!

What a bunch of mongoloids...

I want my ‘Jack of All Trades’ achievement fixed!!
Elliot Pierson
Posted on 31 May 19 at 03:10
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:

Basic business 101.

Basic theft 101
Sorry man, it's not theft. You still have a completely working game. That's all they owe you. You really need to learn a little more about this. It's not an uncommon practice for a business to cut off a part of it's product if it's not performing well. If part of a store isn't performing well they remove it or change it, if part of a website isn't doing well it's usually removed.

Now keep in mind you very much can still play these modes in private matches. Nothing has actually been taken from you, so you're actually crying a false claim completely.
I'm not saying it's illegal, just minor stealing. Either way I'm not too worried, as long as they don't screw up the achievement. That would be a bit annoying. But taking something back after you've payed for it without consent is stealing. It is just the definition, its not my opinion.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 31 May 19 at 08:49
Elliot Pierson said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:

Basic business 101.

Basic theft 101

I'm not saying it's illegal, just minor stealing. Either way I'm not too worried, as long as they don't screw up the achievement. That would be a bit annoying. But taking something back after you've payed for it without consent is stealing. It is just the definition, its not my opinion.
Definitions work differently in the digital world. Those agreements (which you can find before you purchase a game) wave a lot of your rights when it comes to things like this. If a part of a digital service isn't performing well a company has every legal right to withdraw that part of the service.
Elliot Pierson
Posted on 31 May 19 at 12:02
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Elliot Pierson said:

Basic business 101.

Basic theft 101

Definitions work differently in the digital world. Those agreements (which you can find before you purchase a game) wave a lot of your rights when it comes to things like this. If a part of a digital service isn't performing well a company has every legal right to withdraw that part of the service.
I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing now.

Definitions of an English words do not change on any basis, neither do your rights. However, it doesn't mean anyone has to follow them.

Also, there was never any agreement when I went into the store and bought the game apart from to give the guy the money and for him to give me the advertised product.

A company unfortunately has many many legal rights that can be abused in regards to non law based rights, however in this case it does breach non law rights, but, there is nothing we can do about that.

Also I wholeheartedly agree that there's no point in pouring money into one failing department when it could be profiting well more in another. But, you have to agree that this is pretty early to be taking out small chunks of the game?

Basically it's small theft, but has been allowed by the government
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 31 May 19 at 15:47
Again it's not theft at all. They have every legal right to do this, and no matter how you try to word it, that fact won't change. You could take it to a court of law for example and it would get dismissed because you don't have a case.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.