Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Team Sonic Racing Review: Middle of the Pack Family Fun

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 30 May 19 at 14:02
Why does Sonic need a car anyway?

Please click here to read the story: Team Sonic Racing Review: Middle of the Pack Family Fun
gobey17
gobey17
Posted on 30 May 19 at 14:17, Edited on 30 May 19 at 18:52 by gobey17
I thought the roster looked like one of the weaker aspects and to make it worse that you can't even mix the characters together that are not on the "same team" seems quite a let-down in that regard. Really wish it wasn't just sonic characters.

I don't think I'll be getting this. A shame because from the description of the gameplay mechanics it actually sounds kinda interesting! And it's always nice to have more kart-racers.
bigsmok3r
bigsmok3r
Posted on 30 May 19 at 14:34
You need to beat the story on expert to get the last paint kits too. You unlock expert by beating the stage on hard, Good luck on the Grand-Prix stages with the AI (Hint) They are CRAP!
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 30 May 19 at 14:43
the gameplay in this game could have been a lot smoother. those sudden stops when you get hit are so annoying, id rather just slow down for a bit then having to start from a complete stop again all the time.
Lift up your feet and put them on the ground, the hills were higher, when you were young
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 30 May 19 at 14:46
Looks like the wait for a racer to even come close to Mario Kart goes on....shame.
Legohead 1977
BLAST KINETIC
Posted on 30 May 19 at 20:39
Wonder how this will fare against the upcoming Crash Team Racing in June.
http://www.waivingentropy.com/
XGN AlexLol
XGN AlexLol
Posted on 30 May 19 at 21:23
Still waiting on Crash Team Racine Nitro-Fueled
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 30 May 19 at 21:46
gobey17 said:
I thought the roster looked like one of the weaker aspects and to make it worse that you can't even mix the characters together that are not on the "same team" seems quite a let-down in that regard. Really wish it wasn't just sonic characters.

I don't think I'll be getting this. A shame because from the description of the gameplay mechanics it actually sounds kinda interesting! And it's always nice to have more kart-racers.
They used Sonic Heroes as a basis and that's where the Teams of 3 aspect comes from.

However the Team lock is Story Mode only. Which makes sense for Story purposes. The villian characters aren't playable in Story either their 3 slots are absent.

In a local Exhibition Race you can pick Eggman and Sonic and both players can choose Team A.
CRISTIAMUZ
CRISTIAMUZ
Posted on 01 June 19 at 23:09
Never have looked into this series, good to see it's at least decent.
Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.