Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Titles Announced for June 2019

AuthorMessage
lolmanX0
lolmanX0
Posted on 31 May 19 at 16:27
halohogg said:
lolmanX0 said:
halohogg said:
lolmanX0 said:
Rushing to the store to sell my NHL copy.

GWG is a joke compared to PS+
You mean like Edith and Overcooked? A 2 hour walkthrough game and a cooking party game? I dunno.
Yes, I'd play either of these games over what's offered this month. Portal is a 5-6 hour game as well, and it is sold for a buck in the Steam sales. Now PS+ users are getting the Borderlands collection (thats 3 games AND all of their dlcs) AND a Sonic game.
GwG Borderlands - 2016
GwG Borderlands 2 - 2017
GwG Tales from the Borderlands - 2017

PS+ welcome to 2019! laugh
GWG didn't include the DLCs and didn't offer Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
You can't complain about PS+ giving away old games when Xbox has been giving away original Xbox games like SW:BF2.
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 31 May 19 at 17:19
Mr Bones7 said:
Shinnizle said:
TruthfulSkate8 said:
4. NHL: Do not give away sport games. Especially niche sports like golf and hockey. It only appeals to some and no one else.
Today I learned that hockey is niche laugh It's the Stanley Cup finals for fuck's sake... sounds like a perfect time to give it away.
mate guessing it's popular in america or canada but in other countries where we don't play it not so much
I think a lot of the Nordic countries would disagree with your statement, Russia too for that matter.
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 31 May 19 at 17:27
lolmanX0 said:
halohogg said:
lolmanX0 said:
halohogg said:
lolmanX0 said:
Rushing to the store to sell my NHL copy.

GWG is a joke compared to PS+
You mean like Edith and Overcooked? A 2 hour walkthrough game and a cooking party game? I dunno.
Yes, I'd play either of these games over what's offered this month. Portal is a 5-6 hour game as well, and it is sold for a buck in the Steam sales. Now PS+ users are getting the Borderlands collection (thats 3 games AND all of their dlcs) AND a Sonic game.
GwG Borderlands - 2016
GwG Borderlands 2 - 2017
GwG Tales from the Borderlands - 2017

PS+ welcome to 2019! laugh
GWG didn't include the DLCs and didn't offer Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
You can't complain about PS+ giving away old games when Xbox has been giving away original Xbox games like SW:BF2.
But DLC was included when the game went backward compatible on the One. Nothing wrong with original Xbox games either...at least Microsoft is keeping the legacy games alive while SONY cut them out entirely while keeping the same PS+ price point (with people receiving 66% less games per month now).
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 31 May 19 at 17:37
Maw N Paw said:
Like I said before, Games With Gold is not free. Regardless of whether you get it {#}free{#} via Microsoft Rewards, time is money. You invest your time to obtain their points to obtain Gold for {#}free{#}. That being said, Games With Gold via Microsoft Points isn't available for everyone everywhere. The USA gets it free because their service offers more perks to get it free there. Europeans and Asians don't have all the reward packages in place online to be able to rack up stupidly amounts of points to pay for it {#}free{#} month on month.

Lastly, Games With Gold SHOULD offer better titles but they don't. The reason they aren't is because they're heavily pushing the Game Pass and will continue to do so. If you examine the Game Pass carefully, most of the games on it were once former Games With Gold titles - D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die, Super Time Force, Halo Spartan Assault, need I continue?
You are either severely lacking on math skills, ignorant or purposely exaggerating to try to bolster your point. Most of the games on Game Pass are not former GwG, has not been that way for quite a while - do try to keep up. There are fewer than 15% of the games currently on the service that were formerly GwG. In the beginning that was true, and understandable (which is why I never subscribed until last year) as it was new. Now not even close.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 31 May 19 at 17:47
I8ITackyticsI8I said:
Xbox live gold went up in price by 25% recently in the UK so you would expect better content for that.
Only because the pound went down 25% in value, so you are now paying the same as everyone else again.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
atryeu1
atryeu1
Posted on 31 May 19 at 17:53
Maw N Paw said:
Like I said before, Games With Gold is not free. Regardless of whether you get it {#}free{#} via Microsoft Rewards, time is money. You invest your time to obtain their points to obtain Gold for {#}free{#}. That being said, Games With Gold via Microsoft Points isn't available for everyone everywhere. The USA gets it free because their service offers more perks to get it free there. Europeans and Asians don't have all the reward packages in place online to be able to rack up stupidly amounts of points to pay for it {#}free{#} month on month.
That's your opinion, but earlier I said it takes only 1-3 minutes to do the daily 3 tasks for the handful of points. Sorry but that is nothing at all to me and as far as I am concerned it's free. Honestly, what else would I do with that little time? Make an extra trip up the stairs, across the house and come back downstairs? Yep, time is sure money there... :P It takes literally no time at all to do, especially if you just click through the quizzes and don't care to answer them correctly the first try :P

For me, Gold is completely free. There is no waste of time in doing it as it takes no time at all to do. It takes more time to walk upstairs, across the house and step outside than it does to do my 3 daily tasks for my free points. I could have completed 2-3 sets of daily tasks with the time it took you to write your post with your opinion. :P
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 31 May 19 at 17:56, Edited on 31 May 19 at 17:57 by HolyHalfDead
Redd Five said:
I already played the 360 games (both of which are great), but NHL makes this a total win!

Kinda makes up for last month...

EDIT: Oh, Snap! That's the Arcade Portal. I haven't played that! It just keeps getting better!
I like your attitude!

I could understand people complaining if this was the third month in a row with an NHL game, but people can’t expect every month to feature games from their favourite genres - and chances are if it did they would already have played them.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 31 May 19 at 18:17
The main purpose of Gold is to pay for the running of the Xbox infrastructure. They chose to only charge the people who use it. So if you don’t use it please stop paying for it. By not paying $60 for Gold, you can pick 1 Game a year to buy, rather than get 48 random games. If you just want access to some random games, you are better off putting the money towards Game Pass.

They could scrap Gold, and increase the cost of the Xbox console so that those that only play offline also pay towards the online services. Or they could add a $10 tax to every game that has an online mode.

The weekly sales, the “free” to play weekends are just other incentives to get you to pay each month, rather than just for the month you are playing an online game.
MattiasAnderson
Posted on 01 June 19 at 00:07
NHL 19 = If EA give me money to play it, sure.
Magic
Mr Bones7
Mr Bones7
Posted on 01 June 19 at 00:38
dlCHIEF58 said:
Mr Bones7 said:
Shinnizle said:
TruthfulSkate8 said:
4. NHL: Do not give away sport games. Especially niche sports like golf and hockey. It only appeals to some and no one else.
Today I learned that hockey is niche laugh It's the Stanley Cup finals for fuck's sake... sounds like a perfect time to give it away.
mate guessing it's popular in america or canada but in other countries where we don't play it not so much
I think a lot of the Nordic countries would disagree with your statement, Russia too for that matter.
Can you play as those countries players or teams? If so I stand corrected
lolmanX0
lolmanX0
Posted on 01 June 19 at 01:46
Mr Bones7 said:
dlCHIEF58 said:
Mr Bones7 said:
Shinnizle said:
TruthfulSkate8 said:
Can you play as those countries players or teams? If so I stand corrected
Yes, even Great Britain, France, Italy, Japan, Switzerland, etc.
The God Akatosh
Posted on 01 June 19 at 04:44
This is why I'm glad I don't buy Xbox Live anymore
eXitus676
eXitus676
Posted on 01 June 19 at 08:57
as of right now I can't purchase Portal in Germany ... anyone else experiencing any problems?
I was really looking forward to it bc it's one of my favourites of all time ... would've been awesome to play it again on the xbox one :(
MetalGearMark
MetalGearMark
Posted on 01 June 19 at 10:29, Edited on 01 June 19 at 15:14 by MetalGearMark
Maw N Paw said:
Like I said before, Games With Gold is not free. Regardless of whether you get it {#}free{#} via Microsoft Rewards, time is money. You invest your time to obtain their points to obtain Gold for {#}free{#}.?
Could you be any more pedantic? They’re free. Investment of time? It takes less than 3 minutes each day. I do my MS Rewards for GamePass (free until May 2020) and Gold (free until Oct 2021) at work each morning while I drink my coffee so not only are they free, in effect, I’m literally earning money while I do it.

But seriously, you can’t pile everyone under your blanket statement. If an individual feels that the intrinsic value of GwG is free, then to them it is free. Conversely, others may feel that GwG is their deciding reason to pay for Gold ...and then there are those that just look for the vaguest excuse to complain about something.

You can’t please everyone all of the time. But, instead of arguing semantics, just enjoy gaming. A fair definition of ‘wasted time’ would be arguing the merits of GwG on the Internet instead of making the most of our free time.
GMN
GMN
Posted on 01 June 19 at 11:24
eXitus676 said:
as of right now I can't purchase Portal in Germany ... anyone else experiencing any problems?
I was really looking forward to it bc it's one of my favourites of all time ... would've been awesome to play it again on the xbox one :(
Yes, UK here won't let me grab it on console or website
Spicy Spyro
Spicy Spyro
Posted on 01 June 19 at 11:37
GMN said:
eXitus676 said:
Same here, I'm in US
Detox2033
Detox2033
Posted on 01 June 19 at 12:23, Edited on 01 June 19 at 13:08 by Detox2033
Spicy Spyro said:
GMN said:
eXitus676 said:
Same here, I'm in US
Same here (Germany). Microsoft, let us play Portal!!!!!!!

Does the DL work on 360? Tried it everyone here just on the One?
Spicy Spyro
Spicy Spyro
Posted on 01 June 19 at 13:29
Detox2033 said:
Spicy Spyro said:
GMN said:
eXitus676 said:
Same here, I'm in US
Same here (Germany). Microsoft, let us play Portal!!!!!!!

Does the DL work on 360? Tried it everyone here just on the One?
It just let me download it just now on Xbox One
A Dank Sloth
A Dank Sloth
Posted on 01 June 19 at 14:00
Personally, never tried any Portal game. Can't wait to get into that! smile
-Aaron
atryeu1
atryeu1
Posted on 01 June 19 at 17:49
To the people having trouble downloading Portal.....

I downloaded it last night at midnight PST (Washington state, USA time zone) without any problems at all. I downloaded it with my 360. I hope you guys had whatever problems sorted and were able to grab it :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.