Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Titles Announced for June 2019

AuthorMessage
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 01 June 19 at 19:33
A Dank Sloth said:
Personally, never tried any Portal game. Can't wait to get into that! smile
Dude! If you like puzzle games youll love it. If you like puzzle games with fantastic voice acting, hilariously dark writing and a brilliant story, do yourself a favor and grab Portal 2. The co op on it is just as incredible!toast
Matthew
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 01 June 19 at 20:43, Edited on 01 June 19 at 20:53 by HolyHalfDead
eXitus676 said:
as of right now I can't purchase Portal in Germany ... anyone else experiencing any problems?
I was really looking forward to it bc it's one of my favourites of all time ... would've been awesome to play it again on the xbox one :(
Don’t try and get Xbox 360 games from the Xbox One store - get them from the Xbox 360 store. I picked it up 36 hours ago from the web site without a problem. We use the correct links on TA.

In other words, use this link (which the Xbox 360 console uses):
https://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115...

Do not use this link (which the Xbox One console uses):
https://www.microsoft.com/p/portal-still-alive/br30gbnh63f9

It doesn’t mean the Xbox One link never works, it’s just that the Xbox 360 link always works.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 01 June 19 at 22:10, Edited on 01 June 19 at 22:15 by Chakaal Starr
Mr Bones7 said:
Shinnizle said:
TruthfulSkate8 said:
4. NHL: Do not give away sport games. Especially niche sports like golf and hockey. It only appeals to some and no one else.
Today I learned that hockey is niche laugh It's the Stanley Cup finals for fuck's sake... sounds like a perfect time to give it away.
mate guessing it's popular in america or canada but in other countries where we don't play it not so much
Ultimately, US is xboxes biggest market, and during the finals between two major US cities while people are interested is a great time for them to release this.

It is more popular is colder climate countries, team Russia, team Sweden, Czech etc are pretty competitive, though Canada and USA are usually one of the top two. It is a regular olympic sport and one of the main leagues and NHL players come from all over the world.(Nathan Walker on the Washington Capitals is from Australia-though in nhl19 you may need to promote him from the farm team if he isn't on the regular roster). The NHL hosts exhibition games each year in countries overseas like China and England, so they are trying to get more popular in other countries. One way to get people into the sport is thru the video game too. Even if you don't totally understand it, playing against your buddy could be fun.

Tatl360 said:
A hockey game. I don't know anything about hockey so I'll pass.
An Indie fighting game. May be good.
A puzzle game I already have but never played.
And another Earth Defense Force, that's good so I don't need to buy them, but 6 achievements! laugh

So 2 new games for me.
Playing a hockey game actually teaches you a lot about the sport. there are lots of people who get into the real thing after playing the video games. To sum it up, you try to get the puck in the other guys net, and try to stop from getting it in yours. You can turn off all rules, or you try with all rules to make it more like the professional leagues. There are also arcade type modes like 3s and 1s where there are less players and the puck catches fire. I am sure if 7 year olds here can figure it out, then you probably can.
CRISTIAMUZ
CRISTIAMUZ
Posted on 01 June 19 at 23:24
Sweet, only need one more earth defense force game now lol
Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
eXitus676
eXitus676
Posted on 02 June 19 at 09:25
Spicy Spyro said:
Detox2033 said:
Spicy Spyro said:
GMN said:
eXitus676 said:
as of right now I can't purchase Portal in Germany ... anyone else experiencing any problems?
I was really looking forward to it bc it's one of my favourites of all time ... would've been awesome to play it again on the xbox one :(
Yes, UK here won't let me grab it on console or website
Same here, I'm in US
Same here (Germany). Microsoft, let us play Portal!!!!!!!

Does the DL work on 360? Tried it everyone here just on the One?
It just let me download it just now on Xbox One
just tried it again, worked like a charm!
I hope it will for you guys at well :)
eXitus676
eXitus676
Posted on 02 June 19 at 09:26
HolyHalfDead said:
eXitus676 said:
Don’t try and get Xbox 360 games from the Xbox One store - get them from the Xbox 360 store. I picked it up 36 hours ago from the web site without a problem. We use the correct links on TA.

In other words, use this link (which the Xbox 360 console uses):
https://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115...

Do not use this link (which the Xbox One console uses):
https://www.microsoft.com/p/portal-still-alive/br30gbnh63f9

It doesn’t mean the Xbox One link never works, it’s just that the Xbox 360 link always works.
thanks for the tip. I just got it via the xbox one store but I will use your solution in case it won't work in the future!
Fez40
Fez40
Posted on 09 June 19 at 07:51
I can finally play Portal! Good month for me 😁
BurnChester
BurnChester
Posted on 15 June 19 at 01:34
R.I.P XBOX ;'(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.