Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Titles Announced for June 2019

AuthorMessage
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:37, Edited on 30 May 19 at 16:40 by ThreeHaddock62
ElDiabloLoco90 said:
I don't care for sports games at all, but it probably won't be too long before that game loses online functionality.
It's literally the most current game. NHL 15, 16, 17, and 18 (All the versions released on the XB1) are all still fully functional. The sky is not falling, and this game will not lose online functionality anytime soon. Hell, NHL 14 and 15 are still up on the 360.

2K are the ones who shut down their sports titles after 16-18 months, not EA.
Hola
OldSchoolBlood
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:39
My expecations are always low, yet each month seems disappointing. I appreciate free games, but Sony regularly has the much better games. This month is no exception.
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:40
ah portal, nice the one arcade game i didn't have as i played the orange box version. and i welcome any 360 game i didn't have yet, edf can stay in my collection
Lift up your feet and put them on the ground, the hills were higher, when you were young
Kedrix
Kedrix
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:42
Heh, so I got excited because I saw that NHL 19 was being offered. My line of thinking was that i hadn't played a hockey game since the late 90's/early 2000's when I practically played every year. I loved playing those games. Then I looked at the achievements expecting score 5 goals, make 5 assists, win the championship, stuff like that. It's not that at all, it's this bizarre crap (and the same reasons I strayed away from baseball and basketball games). What the heck, no wonder I stopped playing newer sports games.
Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
planchetflaw
planchetflaw
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:43
If I was Microsoft, I'd just stop GWG due to all the whingers. I am thankful we get anything. I always try and play a few each month they offer. Sometimes I go back months or years to have a go. Why would I complain? If I wanted a specific game I'd go buy it and support the devs. I get to play games I'd never think of playing this way and I love that. Comparing monthly offering between PS and MS is absolutely stupid. Do you say "thank you" when MS gives games you deem better than PS that month? No. You just stop whinging for 30 days before picking up the toxic flag again.
Again, I'd probably give up if it were my company and so many people were this ungrateful.
Skanker irl
Skanker irl
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:43
NHL for free...man, sorry for those who bought it lol
ElSaviola
ElSaviola
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:45
I think PlayStation wins this month...
The Allslayer
The Allslayer
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:46
EDF again hmm, wonder if they're planning on finally releasing another one on xbox and trying to drum up interest?
SwordofWhedon
SwordofWhedon
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:49
With Azure, you don’t have to shit down servers

The 360 system requires that a dedicated server be up 24/7/365

The Xbox One system allows servers to be spun up on demand, so the same computer is handling a game, then a Skype call, then maybe an xcloud session.

The only sports game I know of that shuts them down to drive new sales is WWE. 95% of years shut downs have simply been this computer is sitting essentially idol 98% of the time wasting money
Legendgenesis
Legendgenesis
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:50
Honestly guys, this isn't a month. That's a NEW(er) sports game (not that I play sports games), a Smash Bros-like fighter, a classic of a first person puzzle game, and a third-person alien shooter. None of these games are considered "bad" by any means (heck, they all average 4 stars or above on this site alone), so they're not "garbage."
Xboxoholic
Xboxoholic
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:50
Somehow I've never played Portal despite always wanting to. Looking forward to it!
IronFistofSnuff
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:51
Actually very interested in NHL 19, I've been wanting to play a hockey game for a while now. Also Rivals is fantastic if you like smash Bros like brawler.
Proud Dad MCAL
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:52
I’ll take NHL 100%... they are great games!
SKOOT2006
SKOOT2006
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:55, Edited on 30 May 19 at 16:55 by SKOOT2006
4 games I dont own, I'm calling this a win
You don't know what you don't know
AdanatoriaN
AdanatoriaN
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:56
Petition!
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:58
EDF 2017? Very nice, even though it took me 10 yrs to complete it, it's still a great game, hopefully we hear E3 news of EDF 5 for Xbox One especially cause PS4 just got Iron Rain last month..
CODYWWE24
CODYWWE24
Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:58
I am happy for NHL 19. My team is in the Stanley Cup Finals and I get a free NHL game. LETS GO BLUES!!!!!!
ThexDaftxPunk
ThexDaftxPunk
Posted on 30 May 19 at 17:01
i swear you people will NEVER be happy with anything they give you. Most of you sound so entitled its pathetic
Skanker irl
Skanker irl
Posted on 30 May 19 at 17:03
ThexDaftxPunk said:
i swear you people will NEVER be happy with anything they give you. Most of you sound so entitled its pathetic
clap
Giincee
Giincee
Posted on 30 May 19 at 17:03
Don't own any of these 4 games.

But Sony definitely got the better games...
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's JOHN CENA!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.