Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

NHL 19 and Portal: Still Alive Now Available with Games with Gold

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 31 May 19 at 13:48
The latest two titles to join the collection

Please click here to read the story: NHL 19 and Portal: Still Alive Now Available with Games with Gold
DTI Spartan
DTI Spartan
Posted on 31 May 19 at 13:53
And that’s a pass from me. Roll on next month.cry
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 31 May 19 at 14:12
So glad I didn't renew Gold.
There is always a way.
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 31 May 19 at 14:22
DTI Spartan said:
While I admire you optimism for next month, at this point I'm not sure things are going to get any better by the looks of it.
This space for rent.
YorkieBalls Dad
Posted on 31 May 19 at 14:31
Kinda looking forward to trying NHL for the first time.
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 31 May 19 at 14:39
MrZombieChicken said:
DTI Spartan said:
While I admire you optimism for next month, at this point I'm not sure things are going to get any better by the looks of it.
It will indeed be hard to get any better, considering we're talking about an extremely highly rated game (4.5 / 5 on site) and a current NHL game to coincide with the Stanley Cup finals this month.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 31 May 19 at 14:45
Looking forward to getting around to Portal eventually
MERCENAIRE ADAM
Posted on 31 May 19 at 14:51
Good i Forgot in which tag I bought portal
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 31 May 19 at 14:56
I won't download that rubbish hockey game even if it is free. I have zero interest in American sport games.
Goggs25
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 31 May 19 at 15:00
Can't download Portal for some reason, keeps giving me an error. I guess I'll wait a few days on it.
Reina Watt
Reina Watt
Posted on 31 May 19 at 15:18
Just tried the hockey game, can't stand sports though and I had no idea what I was doing nor what was going on. If you enjoy the sport and the games then I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it but for anyone who isn't into such things it's a waste of time.
Same with last month's golf game.

Hope next month's Games With Gold will be more interesting and more worth the time.
Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
Mannschaft570
Mannschaft570
Posted on 31 May 19 at 16:11, Edited on 31 May 19 at 16:12 by Mannschaft570
I'm interested in NHL 19, not sure yet if I will play it with my second account just for fun, or if I am ready to go through the usual EA online crap with my main account... But I'll give it a try at some point for sure.
Otouto72
Otouto72
Posted on 31 May 19 at 16:54
Mannschaft570 said:
I'm interested in NHL 19, not sure yet if I will play it with my second account just for fun, or if I am ready to go through the usual EA online crap with my main account... But I'll give it a try at some point for sure.
That is just about exactly the same post I was going to make! Such a coincidence! laugh

As much as ice hockey is my favourite sport (which is unusual for a Brit but there ye go) I was drastically put off by the online achievements and EA's tendency to shut them down after about a year and so I deliberately avoid them...but seeing as this was free I felt it was worth a punt to least play on my second account for a laugh and to chill. Whether I'll actually put it on my main account or not is a different guess altogether.
Mannschaft570
Mannschaft570
Posted on 31 May 19 at 17:03, Edited on 31 May 19 at 17:04 by Mannschaft570
Otouto72 said:
Mannschaft570 said:
That is just about exactly the same post I was going to make! Such a coincidence! laugh

As much as ice hockey is my favourite sport (which is unusual for a Brit but there ye go) I was drastically put off by the online achievements and EA's tendency to shut them down after about a year and so I deliberately avoid them...but seeing as this was free I felt it was worth a punt to least play on my second account for a laugh and to chill. Whether I'll actually put it on my main account or not is a different guess altogether.
I'm French so it's not our cup of tea either! I wouldn't say that I love hockey, but it's definitely an interesting sport smile

I'm on NBA Live 19 right now, and while it's a very fun game, the online part is just awful (no dedicated servers, it uses peer-to-peer system which is just ridiculous since most players are from the US = tons of lags and disconnecting issues). Plus there is Ultimate Team which I can't stand at all. So I'm a bit worried with this one if it uses the same model.
Legendgenesis
Legendgenesis
Posted on 31 May 19 at 17:58
This will probably be the first time I actually play a sports game I downloaded since that free NBA one they did a while back. I mean, unless you count Rocket League.
pukem0nn
pukem0nn
Posted on 31 May 19 at 18:01
MrZombieChicken said:
DTI Spartan said:
to be fair, all their efforts go into Game Pass now, and that has become the best service on consoles there ever was. GwG will never have Blockbusters again, that aren't over 10 years old.
DiegoOCH82
DiegoOCH82
Posted on 31 May 19 at 18:22
There have been better months... Anyway, maybe i try some of this GWG games.
Pelo SPORT Quase Tudo!
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 31 May 19 at 18:51
I bought Portal: Still Alive years ago and still have yet to play it. Not the first time that’s happened to me with GwG, though.
RadicalKoopa
RadicalKoopa
Posted on 31 May 19 at 19:09
Goggs25 said:
I won't download that rubbish hockey game even if it is free. I have zero interest in American sport games.
Bite your tongue buddy. Hockey is Canada`s sport and don`t you forget it.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 31 May 19 at 19:51
RadicalKoopa said:
Goggs25 said:
Bite your tongue buddy. Hockey is Canada`s sport and don`t you forget it.
Haha, I was just thinking the same thing. Hockey is only big in a few states in the US but I hear even if you don’t watch hockey going to a game is a lot of fun.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.