Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Layers of Fear 2 Review: A Spooky Sequel That's Lost At Sea

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 31 May 19 at 14:19
The second instalment has a few scares, but no soul

Please click here to read the story: Layers of Fear 2 Review: A Spooky Sequel That's Lost At Sea
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 31 May 19 at 14:31
Sorry Sam, you need to proof read a bit mate:

f you were a big fan of the first iteration and need more in your life, you won't find anything particularly wrong with Layers of Feat 2. For anyone else, there's simply too many better examples of both horror games and narrative
There is always a way.
BushidoBrown305
Posted on 31 May 19 at 14:34
If it’s like the first then I will enjoy it.

Thanks for the review toast
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 31 May 19 at 14:34
Will all reviews have subtitles now?
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Spiderman Noire
Posted on 31 May 19 at 14:35
Maw N Paw said:

f you were a big fan of the first iteration and need more in your life, you won't find anything particularly wrong with Layers of Feat 2. For anyone else, there's simply too many better examples of both horror games and narrative
Here comes the grammar police...
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 31 May 19 at 14:54
Layers of Feat 2 sounds terrifying. Good thing it's not the second layers of feet. I hear the foot fetishists were sent screaming in horror at that last video. laugh
Silicon Iceman
Posted on 31 May 19 at 15:12
Spiderman Noire said:
Maw N Paw said:

It's completely justified, though. No one on TA seems to proofread or let someone else proofread their articles before posting them. I've lost count of how many times writers on this site incorrectly use "are" instead of "is." I understand that these aren't professional writers here, but, come on man- have some pride in your work.

(Good review, by the way. Very helpful.)
Rista B
Rista B
Posted on 31 May 19 at 15:32
I enjoyed the first one. I'll probably like this one.
Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 31 May 19 at 15:43, Edited on 31 May 19 at 15:43 by kintaris
Shinnizle said:
Will all reviews have subtitles now?
Some reviews have subtitles, others don't. It's the writer's discretion at the moment, though the rules might change.

Thanks for spotting the typo everyone. (These things happen.)
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 31 May 19 at 16:07
Silicon Iceman said:
I've lost count of how many times writers on this site incorrectly use "are" instead of "is."
I think I know what instances you are referring to, but most of the time they're not actually incorrect. They're just used differently in the UK vs in the US. Waiting for Legohead 1977 to chime in laugh

kintaris said:
Some reviews have subtitles, others don't. It's the writer's discretion at the moment, though the rules might change.
Thanks for the info, I was just curious smile It does add flavor.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 31 May 19 at 17:55
Not the greatest score but I’ve really enjoyed the first game so far and I’ll definitely pick this up. One thing I would mention is the game is only $30. Not sure if the first was like that but the price makes this game even more attractive.
FF Square Enix
Posted on 31 May 19 at 18:28
I was a big fan of the first one so I will pick this up when it goes on sale.
Leon Brown
FF Square Enix
Posted on 31 May 19 at 18:29
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
Not the greatest score but I’ve really enjoyed the first game so far and I’ll definitely pick this up. One thing I would mention is the game is only $30. Not sure if the first was like that but the price makes this game even more attractive.
The first one was half the price when it first came out.
Leon Brown
wookieepuppy
wookieepuppy
Posted on 31 May 19 at 18:44
I was very much looking forward to this game.....but saw some discouraging reviews on other sites.....this review seems to echo some of their judgements on this game....

....might hold off for a sale........ too many games...not enough time........ 2.5....dear oh dear.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 31 May 19 at 18:45
Interesting. Seeing reviews all over the spectrum on this one. Will definitely check it out down the line via sale or gamepass. $30 is crazy to me for this.
Matthew
BMann1976
BMann1976
Posted on 31 May 19 at 18:48
What is the combination for the safe. 11 is first number but I thought I counted the left and right pile correctly. Anyone?
Lambent Lail
Lambent Lail
Posted on 31 May 19 at 18:53
Spiderman Noire said:
Maw N Paw said:

That's not a grammar mistake. It's not spelling the name of the game the article is about correctly. Not ending this sentence with no period, along with that double negative I just dropped is bad grammar
Resident Evil junkie
Algur
Algur
Posted on 31 May 19 at 18:59
I didn't care for the first one. I'll play it if it goes GwG though, especially if the ratio is similar.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 31 May 19 at 19:36
Lambent Lail said:
Spiderman Noire said:
Maw N Paw said:

That's not a grammar mistake. It's not spelling the name of the game the article is about correctly. Not ending this sentence with no period, along with that double negative I just dropped is bad grammar
laugh
Matthew
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 31 May 19 at 20:54
I disliked the first one anyway.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.