TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Batman: Arkham City Discussion - Spoilers

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 01 June 19 at 00:00
Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to speak freely about Batman: Arkham City and assume anything goes in here.
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 01 June 19 at 04:19
After four hours, Batman's dialogue has not gotten any better. I don't remember him being so boring in Arkham Asylum.

Some of these challenges are already giving me a headache. Another TA Playlist completion is still my goal, but this one is going to give me a bit of trouble.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 01 June 19 at 16:54
This one might be my favorite in the series, I bounce back and forth with that. This definitely has the best ending of any of the games. I remember thinking I should have seen it coming but I did not and seeing Batman walking out of the building carrying the Joker with my mouth wide open in shock but still thinking he would wink or something.
Armstrong x360a
Posted on 01 June 19 at 22:09
Yummy Baklava said:
After four hours, Batman's dialogue has not gotten any better. I don't remember him being so boring in Arkham Asylum.

Some of these challenges are already giving me a headache. Another TA Playlist completion is still my goal, but this one is going to give me a bit of trouble.
I think this will be a challenging completion in one month.
SpeleoFool
SpeleoFool
Posted on 02 June 19 at 20:00
Armstrong x360a said:
I’m planning to have it completed twice this month (though I did start early—May 25). Stacking X1 and PC versions. Already have 1st playthroughs, riddler trophies and all of Batman’s challenges done on both. About to start my New Game Plus runs.

I made the mistake of trying to do all of the Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing medals at once on 360. All the combat rounds killed my hands, lol. This time around I’ll space them out more. Got until Father’s Day to get them all done, and I’ll mix in some other gaming to avoid burnout from the repetition.
Armstrong x360a
Posted on 02 June 19 at 21:29
SpeleoFool said:
Armstrong x360a said:
I’m planning to have it completed twice this month (though I did start early—May 25). Stacking X1 and PC versions. Already have 1st playthroughs, riddler trophies and all of Batman’s challenges done on both. About to start my New Game Plus runs.

I made the mistake of trying to do all of the Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing medals at once on 360. All the combat rounds killed my hands, lol. This time around I’ll space them out more. Got until Father’s Day to get them all done, and I’ll mix in some other gaming to avoid burnout from the repetition.
Haha, that sounds awful... I found this game to be somewhat tedious just completing all the requirements once, but to each their own. Don't get me wrong, I thought the story was quite good, and don't mind playing it a second time on NG+ but those challenges are just too much... Enjoy!
SpeleoFool
SpeleoFool
Posted on 03 June 19 at 07:28
Armstrong x360a said:
SpeleoFool said:
Armstrong x360a said:
I’m planning to have it completed twice this month...
Haha, that sounds awful... I found this game to be somewhat tedious just completing all the requirements once, but to each their own. Don't get me wrong, I thought the story was quite good, and don't mind playing it a second time on NG+ but those challenges are just too much... Enjoy!
Arkham City is among my favorite games of all time. I like sandboxes (er, “Open World Action-Adventures”) in general, and love what they did with Batman in these games—the combat makes for an awesome fast-paced balance where precise fighting makes you unstoppable, yet you’re always still vulnerable. The predator mode is a brilliant counterbalance to straight up action. And the story is fantastic—even the B-list villains manage to feel menacing.

Having run through all 6 stacks of Asylum, the 360 version of City and most of Origins, I’ve found the gameplay has gotten easier and easier. I ran through all of Batman’s campaign challenges with only one wipe across both stacks, which was my first run of the morning (before I was properly awake) and I was playing carelessly.

There are quite a lot of medals to earn, and the challenges do get repetitive—especially the combat, which is basically the same pattern to victory every time—but it helps cut down on the tedium a lot when I’m able to blast through most of these challenges first try.

We’ll see if that good fortune holds up as I play the other heroes’ challenges, lol. I do not have hundreds of hours of Catwoman-experience to draw on, and I’m even worse with Robin and Nightwing. I’ll have to adapt my bat-asskicking recipes to their respective styles. :-)
Brasshande
Brasshande
Posted on 03 June 19 at 12:40
Great game, but a few too many challenges for my liking. Nothing enough to stop me quite happily playing it on both 360 and One though
D'yuz gan at death speed?
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 04 June 19 at 03:50
Can never finish these games because I'm just not up to the combat challenges but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the hell out of them. I can't wait to get to the ending again, the first time shocked me for sure.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 04 June 19 at 04:45
I just shockingly relized I’ve only played this on the 360!? I’m definitely gonna have to start this up. It was probably my favorite of the 3. I don’t count origins as part of the trilogy but not bc I don’t like it, I do. I see it says X enhanced, how does it look? Is it full on hdr? I remember them looking gorgeous regardless. Didn’t know if this one had a full overhaul. toast
Matthew
OverIoad
OverIoad
Posted on 04 June 19 at 08:52
Tried Arkham Knight. Didn't like it. Won't try this game but good luck anyone who will. Seeing it's the 2nd batman game in a few months i'm sure a lot of people will enjoy this. Have fun!.
ZW
ZW
Posted on 08 June 19 at 15:36
Wasn’t happy about a 2nd Batman game in as many months either. Is it because it’s his anniversary this year or something?
??ZW???????????????????????????????????
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 09 June 19 at 12:50
ZW said:
Wasn’t happy about a 2nd Batman game in as many months either. Is it because it’s his anniversary this year or something?
The theme of the four games people could pick were sequels and why this one was on the list and we’re playing it because it obviously won. I don’t feel the same as you, I would gladly play Arkham Knight or Origins next month even though I assume the chances of that happening are slim and none.
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 12 June 19 at 11:38
Damn, it has been so long since I played this game, the Mad Hatter just fooled me again because I forgot all about him.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 13 June 19 at 02:08
One thing I really liked about this game were the side stories and how some of them ended. Two of them were set up as enemies for the next installment. The way Batman’s interaction with Hush ended I thought Hush was going to be a main player in Arkham Knight, unfortunately he wasn’t.

Finding Azrael was a pain but every time I did I can remember getting excited. I knew nothing about him and he was so mysterious I loved it. I was messing around and threw my batarang at him which he caught (random achievement) but the fact he was able to do that made me realize he was a tough dude. I wanted to see more of him in Arkham City but he was set up so great for Arkham Knight. They definitely did a better job of his side mission compared to Hush’s.
j12damax
j12damax
Posted on 15 June 19 at 04:45
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
One thing I really liked about this game were the side stories and how some of them ended. Two of them were set up as enemies for the next installment. The way Batman’s interaction with Hush ended I thought Hush was going to be a main player in Arkham Knight, unfortunately he wasn’t.
Yeah, to be honest Hush not being a bigger part of Knight was one of my biggest disappointments when it came to that game.
"That was totally uncalled for, but a lot of fun to watch."
atryeu1
atryeu1
Posted on 15 June 19 at 17:59
Forgive me if this was answered somewhere else already, I'm not really following the 2 forums this time.....

Storyteller's date was tomorrow (16th), correct? I couldn't remember if it was today or tomorrow but I was thinking it was tomorrow. It's my final date and I don't want to miss it LoL
BetaSigX20
BetaSigX20
Posted on 15 June 19 at 21:27
Yep, the 16th. I'm planning to pop it just after midnight tonight.
atryeu1
atryeu1
Posted on 15 June 19 at 21:59
BetaSigX20 said:
Yep, the 16th. I'm planning to pop it just after midnight tonight.
Thanks :D This will be my only achievement for this playlist. I didn't want to mess with it again yet with so many other games I haven't played at all yet LoL
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 16 June 19 at 04:30
Sweet, just got Calendar Man. Went offline and started from July 2018 and worked my way to June 2019, just in case if something went wrong because of the original date of the save file.

Now I can continue with the challenges because they're really holding me back from a 100% completion before the end of the month.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.