Xbox 360

Forum for Xbox 360 related things

Difference between ntsc-j and asia

• Posted on 03 June 19 at 05:46Permalink
    I'm trying to grab all information which is needed to compare games from.japan and games that are in Asia.

I know it's the same continent but as an example you have enchanted arms ntsc-j and enchanted arms (asia). What's the comparison to know the difference?

Do I need to play on a specific console for it?
    Where can I buy them from?

Etc.etc.

Any help will be much abliged.

If possible can someone put links
    AngryManGamer
  • Secular ForeverSecular Forever1,929,322
    Posted on 04 June 19 at 02:36Permalink
    I only have minor knowledge on the subject. The only version of Enchanted Arms I played was the regular version, and I don't know how you tell the difference between the Japan and Asian versions. I buy almost all of my imported games from ebay and they usually do a good gob of listing if it's a different version. That being said if that's the game you're interested in I don't see any on ebay after a quick search. Some games, like the korean Bioshock took me years to find, so some aren't exactly easy to come by. The good news though, is if you have an ntsc-j console you should be able to play both as far as I'm aware. I've played Japanese, Chinese, and Korean stacks on the same ntsc-j console and they all worked. Sorry I cousn't be of more help.
  • Posted on 04 June 19 at 07:32Permalink
    Yeah i get what your saying because Asia is the continent of Japa, Korea, etc etc.

If possible could you provide links (apart from Ebay) where you know games from Asian countries (not Japan), to be sent to International Countries?

Regards
    AngryManGamer
  • FunnnkyyyFunnnkyyy685,627
    Posted on 31 January 20 at 11:27Permalink
    All games of NTSC-J, Asian and KR will play on a japan 360
  • Posted on 06 February 20 at 07:58Permalink
    Yeah which i get. But when it comes to certain game cover features. As an example, KR could have a different age certification sign to an Asian one. Its the information i need so when it comes to buying the games and have that information ready
    AngryManGamer
  • DEEJUNEDEEJUNE133,426 133,426 GamerScore
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 12:01Permalink
    I was interested in Bioshock Korea but didn't know the price tips the $100 mark. A user sent me a picture of his copy. Hope you enjoy.

https://imgur.com/a/88WgCYN

Japan: https://imgur.com/a/T8ux9hf

And my Russian PC edition, stackable: https://imgur.com/a/1rw5f3q

I have a Russian copied that's sealed for sale, last one of the 8 I grabbed when in the country.
    100%.. Or atleast I try.
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 12:07, Edited on 12 February 20 at 12:08 by DEEJUNEPermalink
    In terms of Korean games you won't find any online. The console gaming in Korea collapsed. I have a professional esports buddy over there and there isn't a single game store over where he is. Your only bet is to pay the price on TA for a copy. Wall-e KOR fetches north of 200 USD.

For Japan, eBay has plenty for cheap. Making an account on Amazon JP doesn't hurt either. Add multiple sellers' copy of desired game to your cart and one of them might be enrolled in Amazon's Global Shipping Program. That's how I got Metro 2033 JP for 28 Canadian all in. Game was 12 shipping was 14.
    100%.. Or atleast I try.
  • Posted on 17 February 20 at 10:00Permalink
    There has to be a way of Getting these Korean games because if you think about it.... How would they aquire them ? if its going through a third party chain then from the 1st person who bought it how did they require it?
    AngryManGamer
    Posted on 20 February 20 at 22:07Permalink
    DEEJUNE said:
    In terms of Korean games you won't find any online. The console gaming in Korea collapsed. I have a professional esports buddy over there and there isn't a single game store over where he is. Your only bet is to pay the price on TA for a copy. Wall-e KOR fetches north of 200 USD.

For Japan, eBay has plenty for cheap. Making an account on Amazon JP doesn't hurt either. Add multiple sellers' copy of desired game to your cart and one of them might be enrolled in Amazon's Global Shipping Program. That's how I got Metro 2033 JP for 28 Canadian all in. Game was 12 shipping was 14.
    It really depends which Korean games you are looking for...

Some are on eBay at the moment
    Posted on 23 February 20 at 11:46Permalink
    Funnnkyyy said:
    DEEJUNE said:

Which titles?
    100%.. Or atleast I try.
    Posted on 24 February 20 at 10:56Permalink
    DEEJUNE said:
    Funnnkyyy said:
    DEEJUNE said:

Which titles?
    Just search xbox 360 korean and you will see them
    Posted on 25 February 20 at 07:07Permalink
    I might also point out that they have been up on eBay for a while, sonwhen you said none of them are there, you must not have checked in quite a while lol
  • Posted on 10 March 20 at 16:16Permalink
    So what country should be asian only
    AngryManGamer
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.