Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Minecraft: Story Mode Episodes Must be Downloaded By June 25th

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 03 June 19 at 09:59
For both seasons

Please click here to read the story: Minecraft: Story Mode Episodes Must be Downloaded By June 25th

Credit goes to TheCommunity for this story
Lambent Lail
Lambent Lail
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:06, Edited on 03 June 19 at 11:53 by Lambent Lail
Edit: Please see future responses down below before quoting this message.

This story is going to make people freak out the way it is written. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but you DO NOT have to keep ANY delisted games permanently installed on your systems.

I believe the article is simply stating that after June 25th, you will no longer be ABLE to download this material to your ACCOUNT (not necessarily your system) if you have not initiated the download before then, regardless of season pass or disc ownership.
Resident Evil junkie
Zefph
Zefph
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:06, Edited on 03 June 19 at 10:10 by Zefph
I finally pulled myself together and played through season 1. I'm at episode 8, and the past episodes has been underwhelming to say the least.

Is it worth playing through season 2 - or is it just as dull as episode 5-7?
minun73
minun73
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:08
Any offical statements on whether disc copies will still function? Some do, some don't. Specifically the game of thrones one. I'm pretty sure the minecraft ones work, season one complete and season two.
Zomlox
Zomlox
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:16
I have all the season 1 Ep's (Digitally), not season 2 though it never had my interest in. since season 1 never really had a cliffhanger if it decided to end where their world as under attack at the end of EP 8 or 9 whatever the last one was I may get it but a whole story with their Adventure where ever the hell they went decided to skip it.
ZombierXLX
Zomlox
Zomlox
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:17
Zefph said:
I finally pulled myself together and played through season 1. I'm at episode 8, and the past episodes has been underwhelming, to say the least.

Is it worth playing through season 2 - or is it just as dull as episode 5-7?
My self I decided to skip it after the 3 bonus EP's
ZombierXLX
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:22
Appreciate the heads up.
Luuc
Luuc
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:29
Lol removing PAID content from download history is just disgusting. Hopefully this will be an one-off.
Koding
Koding
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:30
Good to know. I'll make sure the last ones I have to do are downloaded and try to knock them out as soon as possible just to be safe.
61 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,400 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
DocONally
DocONally
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:33, Edited on 03 June 19 at 10:33 by DocONally
Lambent Lail said:
This story is going to make people freak out the way it is written. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but you DO NOT have to keep ANY delisted games permanently installed on your systems.

I believe the article is simply stating that after June 25th, you will no longer be ABLE to download this material to your ACCOUNT (not necessarily your system) if you have not initiated the download before then, regardless of season pass or disc ownership.
If you have purchased these seasons, please download all remaining episodes prior to the service being discontinued in June.

Pretty clear to me. The game will have to stay on your hard drive forever as it cannot be downloaded again after the deadline.

Really bad as you say for consumer confidence. I must pick up S2 before it's too late.
maguzzolo
maguzzolo
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:39
Luuc said:
Lol removing PAID content from download history is just disgusting. Hopefully this will be an one-off.
Not to defend anyone, but remember you always pay for a "user license" (the terms of which almost everybody accepts without reading), you never own anything, no matter the device.
LLboxed
LLboxed
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:42
Thanks for the heads up!
Cemetery Girls
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:43
Lambent Lail said:

"On behalf of the publisher, Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series, Season 1 and 2 will no longer be supported on June 25th, 2019. If you have purchased these seasons, please download all remaining episodes prior to the service being discontinued in June."

In other words, after June 25th, you won't be able to download the episodes even if you own them. This should make people worried, with any other game as long as you bought it you'd still be able to install it, even if it's delisted. This is a first.

Not sure why Microsoft can't/won't buy the rights to the series, then put them on Gamepass or something.
Lambent Lail
Lambent Lail
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:49
Cemetery Girls said:
Lambent Lail said:

"On behalf of the publisher, Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series, Season 1 and 2 will no longer be supported on June 25th, 2019. If you have purchased these seasons, please download all remaining episodes prior to the service being discontinued in June."

In other words, after June 25th, you won't be able to download the episodes even if you own them. This should make people worried, with any other game as long as you bought it you'd still be able to install it, even if it's delisted. This is a first.

Not sure why Microsoft can't/won't buy the rights to the series, then put them on Gamepass or something.
I guess I'm just confused then. How is this any different from any other delisted game? There are plenty of games that have been delisted that you cannot search for in the Microsoft store, but you can go through your account history and redownload them.

I thought the point of digital games was that you always own them, regardless of delistings?

See, this is why I said "correct me if I'm wrong" laugh I was considering going all digital for the next generation of consoles, but if shit like this is legit, where regardless of me owning the material prior to shutdowns and delistings doesn't matter, I'm just not going to do it!
Resident Evil junkie
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:52
Fyi you cant download back to the future even if you own it. I have it on one of my old PlayStation accounts and i wanted to play it for a quick trophy boost on a new account i made and i couldnt even click the download button.
Xbox 1, Ps4, Switch Gamer. Feel free to add me.
Zanarkand99
Zanarkand99
Posted on 03 June 19 at 11:05
They already removed season 1 on playstation couldn't download it, great ain't it paying for something thats now deleted.
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 03 June 19 at 11:06
Anyone else having issues trying to get these minecraft episodes downloaded on 360?

I started downloading all of my telltale games saturday before I ever saw this info and all of the other games worked except for minecraft. It would download to 99$ and then fail.
Flava1975
Flava1975
Posted on 03 June 19 at 11:08
The problem with this is that there are no guarantees on the life of your hard drives either. Even if you do have them installed, your screwed if your hard drives puke!!
Osmo76
Osmo76
Posted on 03 June 19 at 11:16
Lambent Lail said:
Cemetery Girls said:
Lambent Lail said:

{#}On behalf of the publisher, Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series, Season 1 and 2 will no longer be supported on June 25th, 2019. If you have purchased these seasons, please download all remaining episodes prior to the service being discontinued in June.{#}

I guess I'm just confused then. How is this any different from any other delisted game? There are plenty of games that have been delisted that you cannot search for in the Microsoft store, but you can go through your account history and redownload them.

I thought the point of digital games was that you always own them, regardless of delistings?

See, this is why I said {#}correct me if I'm wrong{#} laugh I was considering going all digital for the next generation of consoles, but if shit like this is legit, where regardless of me owning the material prior to shutdowns and delistings doesn't matter, I'm just not going to do it!
It is different, because normally you can download a delisted game if you have purchased it earlier. In this case, as stated above, you cannot even download the game after the 25th.
robthehermit
robthehermit
Posted on 03 June 19 at 11:17
Not a great advert for the all digital future that Microsoft envisions for everyone. At least there used to be some security in the fact that even delisted games could be downloaded, but if this is going to be the start of a new trend, then I might have to reconsider my current all digital position going forward.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.