Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Minecraft: Story Mode Episodes Must be Downloaded By June 25th

AuthorMessage
freedomgirl85
freedomgirl85
Posted on 11 June 19 at 20:00
im not looking thru 8 pages so if this has been said before great if not still great

to get Minecraft story mode season 1 the complete adventure to work on the xbox one I deleted the season pass and season adventure dlcs.

after that no issues
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 12 June 19 at 23:02, Edited on 12 June 19 at 23:16 by NO PULSE
MS Support has locked the post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_gapp/mine...

XBF Amber M

Microsoft Agent |

Hello again, Fellow Gamers,

Thank you so much again for bringing this issue with Minecraft: Story Mode Episodes to our attention. Currently, the content will continue to be unavailable for download since the closing of Tell Tale games has resulted in the removal of their products from the Microsoft store.

We're aware that this is not the outcome that you had wished for. Its a bit of a long shot and we cannot promise anything, but you can try to contact Mojang to let them know that this is an issue (if you haven't already) so that they can, in turn, contact Microsoft to see if it is a possibility that the content can somehow be added to the store back for download. Or if there is a way for Mojang to provide a download for you in the event that this is not possible.

https://help.mojang.com/

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused and we are hopeful that a better outcome for you is on the horizon. As there is no further information available concerning this issue at this time, we'll be locking this thread. In future, if you have any further questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forum (Do not repost the same question or thread as that would violate the Xbox Forum Guidelines).

Thank you again and happy gaming.
Time to get on Mojang's case it seems.

Edit:

When will I hear back?
We're currently replying to cases received on April 15th. We thank you for your patience and will get to each case as quickly as possible.
We're going to need to have someone at TA create a new article or SOMETHING to get a fire started... =\
superniceguy
superniceguy
Posted on 12 June 19 at 23:52
I already contacted Mojang and got nowhere. Only thing I can think of doing with them is creating a new ticket each day, as they take months to reply

Getting us to contact Mojang so that they then contact Microsoft is just plan crazy. Why doesn't Microsoft contact Mojang and find out what is going on. That announcement on May 31st has led people to buy the game and waste their money.

One option if you have not done so already is raise cmplaints to Microsoft via resolver and then escalate in 2 weeks if got no where. I can escalate my case next week, and I just submitted a new complaint to complain about that mod and his response.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/microsoft-complaints?te...

If you are one who has bought game following Minecrafts announcent, you should ask Microsoft to compensate your purchase.
Epsilon Factor
Posted on 13 June 19 at 00:30
Downloading the episodes for season 2 season pass disc on the 360: 99% complete then back to 0%, then error message "Can't download this item." I thought we had till the 25th, so I bought the disc!
superniceguy
superniceguy
Posted on 13 June 19 at 01:49
This is response I got from Mojang

Unfortunately Mojang support can't help you further with this issue, we can help you with support for Minecraft Java Edition accounts and Realms, but not the issue you are experiencing.

Please see the links in the previous message from us to find the right point of assistance and information.

This case will now be closed.

Best regards,

Sarah M
Mojang Support
I replied to that several times pointing out their announcement saying they are providing support until June 25th, but got no response.

The only reason I suggest above to submit multiple tickets before they reply is because it makes it hard to get another opinion, when they do not respond for months.

All this is very irresponsible and unprofessional, of both Mojang and Microsoft. They really shoukd have made that announcement March or before, now they say can download episodes until Jun 25th but can not, that certainly opens up a good case for legal action, if there wasn't a case before.
D1SCO
D1SCO
Posted on 13 June 19 at 06:34
This is really scummy fraudulent behaviour, particularly because Mojang is a subsidiary of Microsoft and because they specifically stated the content would be accessible until the 25th.
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 13 June 19 at 15:43
Epsilon Factor said:
Downloading the episodes for season 2 season pass disc on the 360: 99% complete then back to 0%, then error message "Can't download this item." I thought we had till the 25th, so I bought the disc!
This is the main issue with the 360 versions of the Season Pass for both games. The downloads do not give the entitlement that says you own that DLC. Thats the 1% that's not downloading. This is the same issue were having if you bought the season pass digitally years ago and never actually downloaded the 'FREE' episodes that you should have access to via the PURCHASED Season Passes.
Mo Shizzy
Mo Shizzy
Posted on 13 June 19 at 19:21
Not sure if this will help but maybe if we all start commenting on the twitter thread I started, we can get some momentum. Just a thought:
https://twitter.com/MojangSupport/status/1139236738725904384
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 14 June 19 at 11:09, Edited on 14 June 19 at 11:16 by MathGuy42
The 360 Episodes are back! They're listed at $99.99 each to keep people from buying them. But you can get them for Free in-game. According to this tweet, the episodes will be gone forever on June 25.

Here you can see the
Season One episodes 2-8
Season Two episodes 2-5

Warning. There is currently a bug where Season Two Episode 3 will not show as Free. It is trying to charge $99.99. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Edit: TA story about this: Minecraft: Story Mode Xbox 360 Episodes are Now Downloadable Again
Mo Shizzy
Mo Shizzy
Posted on 14 June 19 at 11:45
Great to hear! Just waiting to download Episode 3 now! Great work everybody!
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 14 June 19 at 11:49
It is weird that Episode 3 isn't showing as Free, since it was Free in these past few weeks (when the download would start but not complete).
Mo Shizzy
Mo Shizzy
Posted on 14 June 19 at 11:51, Edited on 14 June 19 at 14:13 by Mo Shizzy
They probably just put the price in the wrong place when trying to make the same change they did for the other episodes. I'm going to contact Microsoft phone support at 8 when they become available and ask them about it.

Edit: No luck. Microsoft Support sent me to Mojang support and we know that annoying them on twitter is our only option so that's what I'm off to do.

Edit 2: Alright, so just got off the phone with somebody actually helpful from Xbox support. He actually understood everything I was saying and wanted to help. He escalated the issue to his manager and what he called "rangers" who would escalate to the marketplace team. They put a rush on the issue and he tried very hard to find a workaround for me to get the episode some other way, but there was nothing he could do right now. The issue has been sent to the right people, he said that we SHOULD see a fix within 72 hours, but if not, call back and he will make sure they contact the right people and get this fixed for us before the deadline. Hopefully everything works out for us.

Side note: he mentioned that Telltale is transferring responsibilities to another developer, so MAYBE these games won't be completely lost in the future.
Epsilon Factor
Posted on 15 June 19 at 00:18
Woo hoo I've got season 2 on the 360 downloaded now! But what if I had just given up and not come back to this thread? I wouldn't have the game that I paid for. And this makes me appreciate games on physical media more. Especially those that don't require any servers to be up and running.
Pell075
Pell075
Posted on 15 June 19 at 00:25
I'm trying to download episode 2 of season 1 its says it's free but keeps giving me an error code I have all the other episodes downloaded
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 15 June 19 at 01:59
Pell075 said:
I'm trying to download episode 2 of season 1 its says it's free but keeps giving me an error code I have all the other episodes downloaded
I have seen a few others say they have trouble with this episode. For example, in this post. What is the error code you are seeing? Is it error 80153003? (That's what was seen previously for Season Two.)
Pell075
Pell075
Posted on 15 June 19 at 02:30
Error code 80153003
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 15 June 19 at 11:18
Pell075 said:
Error code 80153003
Thanks. And how are you accessing the episodes? There are 3 possibilities:
Season Pass disc (gives rights to download Episodes 2-5)
Season Pass digital (gives rights to download Episodes 2-5)
Season Pass Deluxe digital (gives rights to download Episodes 2-8)

I have a theory that these different Passes may behave differently, so some see this error and some do not.
Pell075
Pell075
Posted on 15 June 19 at 11:34
Season Pass Deluxe digital
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 15 June 19 at 16:47
Pell075 said:
Season Pass Deluxe digital
I made a new thread to consolidate reports on this issue. They were spread over 3 threads.
Season One, Episode 2 download issue on 360
SpeleoFool
SpeleoFool
Posted on 15 June 19 at 17:09, Edited on 15 June 19 at 17:13 by SpeleoFool
Wow--how do you get in touch with someone at Microsoft who is able to solve problems like this? Good to see someone got through and the 360 chapters are once again downloadable by season pass holders. But I wish I knew how to get through to someone with the mental capacity to understand the technical details of problems like this and the power / technical ability to solve them. I've got a nearly 100% strikeout record trying to get broken games fixed. :-)

Anyway, didn't come here to rant--came here to add a couple technical notes....

I own the digital season pass for Season Two and, of course, encountered the same problems as everyone else when attempting to download episodes. However, I got help from someone who had previously downloaded those episodes. This is what I learned:

I could download the episodes with the 2nd account, but it needed to be logged in for me to play them and unlock achievements. Simply owning the season pass and having the episodes installed was not enough for the game to recognize that I owned them. Worse, every time I went to the episodes screen (without the 2nd account logged in), I immediately got a pop-up saying that new content was installed and asking me to return to the title screen to finish "installing" them. However, returning to the title screen accomplished nothing. I still could not start these episodes and the game never recognized that I owned them.

Following this temporary "re-listing," I could not download the chapters while they were already installed. I had to physically remove them first. I had the chapters on an external HDD, so I just moved the first chapter and season pass to my internal HDD and unplugged the external. I was then able to download the chapters from the in-game menus. I got the "buy for Free" pop-up pages, and episodes 2-5 were added to my download queue.

I attempted to shortcut the actual download by canceling the new installs and just plugging my external HDD in. This did not work. I ended up in the same loop as before, where opening the Episodes page told me new content had been installed and asked me to return to the title screen. Lesson here: the per-chapter license is only assigned at the end of physically downloading each chapter. This is totally consistent with the fail-at-99% behavior that happened before the temporary relisting.

The final step was removing the external HDD again and letting all the chapters download completely. Ironically, the "buy now" page showed checkmarks on each chapter this time, so some part of the process recognized that I owned them already, but some other part did not, until I completed the rest of the download. As expected, once everything downloaded completely the game showed all chapters as "purchased and installed."

This is probably way more detail than 99% of anyone here will ever care about, but I figured I'd record it now for troubleshooting later. I'm not sure what will happen after the 25th, but if someone tries to pair up a season pass disc with episodes previously-downloaded by a different account, that almost certainly will not work.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.