Game Discussion: Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two (Xbox 360) Forum

Ultimate Telltale Delisting Guide- What Works, Delistings, Workarounds, Download Links

AuthorMessage
Bastian Reader
Posted on 04 June 19 at 21:32, Edited on 30 June 19 at 19:44 by Bastian Reader
There appears to be a lot of confusion and misinformation surrounding the Telltale games, especially with the company closing, delistings, and physical season pass discs not working. So I am attempting to put together a complete guide for all of the Telltale games.

This took a lot of time to make so please feel free to comment/make suggestions below and I will update this with any changes.

My first post will be continually updated with new information. So please check here for updates, as well as the comments which will indicate some of the changes based on feedback.

Big shout out to the great TA community who have been working together to gather as much information as possible and for bothering Microsoft constantly for them to fix Minecraft season 2 Xbox 360. Please feel free to keep bothering them here toast
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_gapp/mine...

Minecraft Xbox 360 games fixed temporarily
Great news! As I am sure most of you know The two Minecraft games have had a lot of problems downloading and we've lead many campaigns with Microsoft for them to fix it. It appears that our work paid off as Minecraft Xbox 360 downloads are now working. The games are listed as $99.99 to purchase, but with a disc you can get them all for free until June 25.

Season One episodes 2-8
Season Two episodes 2-5

Edit- June 25 has passed and season 2 no longer can be downloaded. There is not a physical edition available that works.

Notes:
Incorrect Reading of DLC
Make sure that you install the necessary episodes, and then enter the game to make sure that you can start every single episode. I have had 2 different instances with minecraft season 2 and guardians of the galaxywhere I had the episodes downloaded on the Xbox one but the game would not recognize a specific episode. I had to uninstall and reinstall the episodes.

Only have digital or disc DLC downloaded
Xbox seems to act weird when you have episodes downloaded digitally and episodes downloaded from a disc. I personally had the free episode from Minecraft Season 2 Xbox One and when I input the season pass disc for the game nothing would download. After 30 minutes of restarting, reloading, etc I decided to delete my digital episode, insert my disc again, and the disc started downloading all of the episodes immediately.

Season Pass Discs
Telltale began releasing season pass discs with Game of Thrones which contains only the first episode downloaded on the disc. The season pass disc unlocks the ability to download the rest of the DLC, but it is not a guarantee that you will be able to download the DLC if the game is DELISTED as we can see with Minecraft. SO MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE DLC IF YOU HAVE A SEASON PASS DISC as it may not work in the future. Season pass discs will always have episode 1 available on the disc and the rest are downloaded except walking dead final season which has episodes 1-3. If it's not a season pass disc everything will be on the disc

Digital
If you own a game digital you still need to download the episodes.

Labels
I have labelled each game the following:
Safe- There is a physical disc version that has the full game downloaded on it. It is not an indicator of the status of digital
Delisted- You cannot get the full game digitally or physically on disc.
Problems- The season pass disc is working for some people (Game of Thrones) or should work but is not (Minecraft).
Delisted Windows 10- You cannot get the game unless you are able to use the Windows 10 Tricks written below.
I left it blank- The game is digital only (so it could be delisted and lost forever) or has a season pass disc which means you *could* lose all content if the game becomes delisted like Minecraft.

Not showing up in ready to install
Sometimes the Telltale games do not show up in the ready to install section of the Xbox. You will either have to search for the game in the Microsoft store or use one of my download links which are provided at the bottom of this post.

Minecraft Support Ends
MOJANG states that gamers must download all of the DLC for Minecraft season 1 and 2 by June 25. After June 25 you will not be able to "purchase" the DLC for any Minecraft season 1 and 2 game even if you have a season pass disc.

Windows 10 trick/Workaround
The Windows 10 games have a cool trick. If you own the first episode (some were free and some were $5) then you can go into the game and buy the season pass. The reason that this works is that when you first downloaded the game you actually downloaded the first episode and the rest of the DLC, but the DLC was locked. By buying the season pass you unlock the content that is already downloaded. Does not work for games such as Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead Season 1, Season 2, and the Final Season which were released as a complete season and not as individual episodes. Below are links for the games that this trick still work that are not delisted yet.
Batman Season 1 Episode 1 Free
Batman Season 2 Episode 1 Free
*Warning- This trick may be fixed in the future, so use it while you still can.
Users are starting to saying this trick no longer works for some of these Win10 games.

The Walking Dead Series
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Batman Series

Minecraft Series

Tales From The Borderlands Series

Wolf Among Us Series

Game of Thrones Series

Back To The Future Series

Guardians Of The Galaxy Series

Jurassic Park

Telltale Games Poker Night 2

Sam and Max Series

Wallace and Gromit Series

How to Download DLC
Xbox 360 and Windows 10- you must enter the game and download the episodes within the game. Afterwards you will be able to download the episodes from your download history (though if you are using the disc you will still need the disc to launch the game).
Xbox One- for physical disc insert the disc and the episodes will start to download. This does not mean the episodes are on the disc. The disc simply starts the download from the store. Sometimes the downloads will not be automatic and instead will show up in your ready to install. For digital, if the game does not let you download on the Xbox One use the Xbox One Download trick listed below.

Download Links

Issues downloading Xbox One
For issues downloading episodes. For some games such as Minecraft season 2 Xbox one I had to uninstall the free episode 1. It kept saying that episodes 2, 3, and 5 were purchased but not released yet. So I uninstalled episode 1 and when I inserted the disc again it asked me to download episode 1, and then began auto installing the rest of the episodes. Seems to be a problem with the free digital episode 1. It seems like you need the disc episode 1 instead of the digital episode 1.

How to gain access to another persons copy
If you want to *cough* *cough* go to a friends house and download the games on the their devices so that you can *cough* *cough* play on their device read below.
Windows 10- if your friend has only the first episode of a telltale game delete it (you will be downloading the access for the season pass and DLC). Then log your friend out of their Microsoft store app and Xbox.com, and then log in as your account on both the Microsoft store app and Xbox.com. Then you can use the download links that I have provided above and download the games. After the games are done downloading you can log off and your friend will still be able to access the digital game.
Xbox 360- work in progress
Xbox One- will have to make your friends Xbox One your home Xbox. After that you will be able to download any of your games onto your friends Xbox. Your friend can also download any of your games onto their Xbox without signing you in so long as you leave your account there and leave their Xbox One as your home Xbox.

Disclaimer
Please note that everything here is a culmination of my current knowledge and the current knowledge of the TA community. As such, new methods may be discovered or Microsoft or another party may fix the issues in the future with the Telltale games (take the Delisting of the Minecraft games for example). If something new appears please feel free to let me know and I will update accordingly.

Other Useful Threads
Minecraft: Story Mode Episodes Must be Downloaded By June 25th
Telltale delistings what still works megathread
Minecraft: Story Mode Xbox 360 Episodes are Now Downloadable Again
Another Telltale Game Disappears from the Microsoft Store
el teby
el teby
Posted on 05 June 19 at 06:41
Thank you so much for this!!
Smudgenat0r
Smudgenat0r
Posted on 05 June 19 at 09:56
Really helpful cheers Bastian
Zebranips01
Zebranips01
Posted on 05 June 19 at 11:15
Awesome work.
RexJerichoHardy
Posted on 05 June 19 at 11:34
Hi, I got the complete collection of Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 and episode 6-8 won't say I own them so it keeps saying buy :(
Rex J. Hardy (Hater's <3 Love)
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 05 June 19 at 11:45
Thanks for this. A few more tips:

Xbox 360: You need to initiate the downloads within the game menus. Make sure every episode shows as Purchased and Installed.

Xbox One: Links to delisted episodes can still be found by searching on microsoft.com. They can't be purchased, but if you own a digital Season Pass, you should see a "Install on my devices" button. Make sure you're logged in by clicking the upper right Account Manager icon and have your Xbox set to automatically update Apps.

The bottom of this post has Game of Thrones (X1) links, and this post has links for both Minecraft (X1).

Windows 10: Corrections: Both Batman games and the Guardians game is not yet delisted. Searching for Telltale on the Win 10 store shows those, as well as the Wolf Among Us.
SpudimusPrime89
Posted on 05 June 19 at 11:57
RexJerichoHardy said:
Hi, I got the complete collection of Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 and episode 6-8 won't say I own them so it keeps saying buy :(
Did you buy the first release (the Season Pass disc) or the second release (The Complete Adventure) because the second release has everything on the disc.
Bastian Reader
Posted on 05 June 19 at 16:00
SpudimusPrime89 said:
RexJerichoHardy said:
Did you buy the first release (the Season Pass disc) or the second release (The Complete Adventure) because the second release has everything on the disc.
The game needs to say Complete Adventure. If it's the season pass disc for season 1 you will not get access to episodes 6-8 since it's an additional season pass. Telltale decided to release additional episodes after the season pass was done.
Bastian Reader
Posted on 05 June 19 at 16:05
MathGuy42 said:
Thanks for this. A few more tips:

Xbox 360: You need to initiate the downloads within the game menus. Make sure every episode shows as Purchased and Installed.

Xbox One: Links to delisted episodes can still be found by searching on microsoft.com. They can't be purchased, but if you own a digital Season Pass, you should see a {#}Install on my devices{#} button. Make sure you're logged in by clicking the upper right Account Manager icon and have your Xbox set to automatically update Apps.

The bottom of this post has Game of Thrones (X1) links, and this post has links for both Minecraft (X1).

Windows 10: Corrections: Both Batman games and the Guardians game is not yet delisted. Searching for Telltale on the Win 10 store shows those, as well as the Wolf Among Us.
Great comments. Thanks for that. I will add comments that will clarify how downloading games works. I will also fix the windows games. It was a bad copy and paste on my part. I should also add those links for game of thrones and minecraft. I forgot about those since I already had those games downloaded, but I remember reading about them.
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 05 June 19 at 18:55, Edited on 05 June 19 at 18:59 by MathGuy42
For some reason, Tales from the Borderlands (X1) does not show up in my Ready to Install, even though I "purchased" it via Games with Gold. I was able to download the five files by searching the Store. I was able to find the Complete Season. So this is a warning to get them downloaded now.

Here's the Store link to the Complete Season of Tales from the Borderlands.

Also, The Walking Dead: Season Two (X1) was Games with Gold, but isn't noted as such.
PSYCO ALEMON
PSYCO ALEMON
Posted on 06 June 19 at 10:39
any links to download the free episode from win10?
Linkx41
Linkx41
Posted on 06 June 19 at 12:53
PSYCO ALEMON said:
Only the Batman/Wolf Among Us games remain now
Hooray for Windows 10!
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 06 June 19 at 13:09
Linkx41 said:
PSYCO ALEMON said:
Only the Batman/Wolf Among Us games remain now
Here are Win 10 links, with the regional code removed so they work for anyone. I just grabbed them from the TA pages. Sometimes they can be useful after TA removes them.

Batman: Enemy Within (Free Ep 1)
Guardians of the Galaxy ($4.99 for Ep 1)
Wolf Among Us ($14.99, Full Season)
Batman (Free Ep 1)
Bastian Reader
Posted on 06 June 19 at 17:59, Edited on 06 June 19 at 18:20 by Bastian Reader
PSYCO ALEMON said:
Links are now added to the remaining free and $5 first episodes. There's only Guardians of the Galaxy Win10, Batman Season Win10, and Batman Season 2 Win10.

MathGuy42 said:
For some reason, Tales from the Borderlands (X1) does not show up in my Ready to Install, even though I "purchased" it via Games with Gold. I was able to download the five files by searching the Store. I was able to find the Complete Season. So this is a warning to get them downloaded now.

Also, The Walking Dead: Season Two (X1) was Games with Gold, but isn't noted as such.
I added that The Walking Dead Season 2 Xbox One was games with gold. Also, I'm not sure why Tales From The Borderlands Xbox One is not working for you. I'll add it with the rest of the Download Links in case anyone else has a problem.

linkx41 said:
Only the Batman/Wolf Among Us games remain now.
Don't forget about guardians of the galaxy. There's Guardians of the Galaxy Win10, The Wolf Among Us, Batman Season 1 Win10, and Batman Season 2 Win10.
PSYCO ALEMON
PSYCO ALEMON
Posted on 07 June 19 at 04:29
Bastian Reader said:
PSYCO ALEMON said:
Links are now added to the remaining free and $5 first episodes. There's only Guardians of the Galaxy Win10, Batman Season Win10, and Batman Season 2 Win10.

MathGuy42 said:

I added that The Walking Dead Season 2 Xbox One was games with gold. Also, I'm not sure why Tales From The Borderlands Xbox One is not working for you. I'll add it with the rest of the Download Links in case anyone else has a problem.

linkx41 said:
Only the Batman/Wolf Among Us games remain now.
Don't forget about guardians of the galaxy. There's Guardians of the Galaxy Win10, The Wolf Among Us, Batman Season 1 Win10, and Batman Season 2 Win10.
no links for minecraft and telltale on win10?
Bastian Reader
Posted on 07 June 19 at 04:39, Edited on 07 June 19 at 05:09 by Bastian Reader
PSYCO ALEMON said:
Minecraft Season 1 and Minecraft Season 2 are delisted. No one, including me, has found a download link for them yet.
Bastian Reader
Posted on 07 June 19 at 05:14, Edited on 07 June 19 at 05:22 by Bastian Reader
Bastian Reader said:
PSYCO ALEMON said:
Minecraft Season 1 and Minecraft Season 2 are delisted. No one, including me, has found a download link for them yet.
So I managed to find the links. They were very difficult to find. They are only links for the the first episode of each since the rest of the game is bought within the game. Again though, these episodes are delisted, so you can only download them if you already purchased them.

I am also adding these links to the download links section of my first post.

Minecraft Season 1 Windows 10 Episode 1
Minecraft Season 2 Windows 10 Episode 1
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 07 June 19 at 06:00
RexJerichoHardy said:
Are you sure you have the 1-8 Complete Adventure? If the one you have came with a code, you have the 1-5 edition. 1-8 is all on disc. Based on your comment, it sounds like you have the 1-5
#mentallypudding
Bastian Reader
Posted on 07 June 19 at 08:28
MathGuy42 said:
For some reason, Tales from the Borderlands (X1) does not show up in my Ready to Install, even though I {#}purchased{#} it via Games with Gold. I was able to download the five files by searching the Store. I was able to find the Complete Season. So this is a warning to get them downloaded now.

Interesting I can't seem to find tales from the borderland, game of thrones, or walking dead michonne in my ready to install list. I had to manually search for the games on the Xbox store on my Xbox one. I wonder if Microsoft is hiding the games from our ready to install lists.
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 07 June 19 at 15:20
Microsoft Store has a few X1 discs on sale. AFAIK, these all still work. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Batman $11.99 (regularly $19.99)
Guardians of the Galaxy $11.99 (regularly $29.99)
Walking Dead Collection $34.99 (regularly $49.99)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.