Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass For PC is Available Now – For £4 in the UK and $5 in the US

AuthorMessage
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 09 June 19 at 15:23
SwordofWhedon said:
Shenmue 1/2 is now on Windows store and included. Can’t tell yet if there’s a seperate achievement list because the club isn’t working but looking promising

What’s weird is it wanted me to install an insider build to play

Signing up through windows store isn’t live yet
This reminds me of how much I hate the Windows store.

I currently have Windows Updates set to block any new version of Windows, as the latest version breaks Forza Horizon 4. You just don't get this nonsense with Steam for example.

It seems the major publishers are shunning the Windows store. Resident Evil 7 came out on it, but RE2 remake didn't, so I got it on Steam instead. Same with DiRT Rally 2.0.
supkris
supkris
Posted on 09 June 19 at 15:24
kintaris said:
supkris said:
I dont know why existing subscribers gets nothing always. After all they are supporting all your initiatives right from beginning. Ideally existing users should get first month for free on pc. Instead they are not even offered the 1 dollar promo and have to pay full price. Totally illogical
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Available For All – And 1 Month is £1/$1/€1 - get Ultimate for £1 and it'll apparently update all of your existing subscriptions to the same offer.
Thanks will check it out
Vulgar Latin
Vulgar Latin
Posted on 09 June 19 at 15:48
I'm getting pretty frustrated. It wants me to get an insider build of Windows but it won't recognize that I have signed up for it. It keeps wanting me to register.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 09 June 19 at 15:53
Yummy Baklava said:
Seitzz said:
I'm assuming games like Wolfenstein II which isn't play anywhere, won't have achievements on the PC version? Does anyone know how those games work achievement wise? That's what I'm more interested in for pc game pass, otherwise I see myself mainly sticking with xbox game pass.
Assume no more.

Wolfenstein II PC Achievements Revealed, Available Now in Xbox Game Pass for PC
Yeah, came back to this article when I saw the one posted on the home page. I'm just wondering now if all the pc games will get separate achievement list.
SwordofWhedon
SwordofWhedon
Posted on 09 June 19 at 17:04
There’s nothing wrong with the windows store. PC game pass went live early and everything isn’t quite propagated yet
x Mr BuRNz o
x Mr BuRNz o
Posted on 09 June 19 at 17:05
hopefully, Hotline Miami has or gets achievements, the game looks pretty cool.
Erathia96
Erathia96
Posted on 09 June 19 at 17:11
CLARION 85 said:
anyone can install those games on pc? i tried it but i cant install these new games
I had the same problem.

You need the update 1903 to be able to download those games
Jadsii
Jadsii
Posted on 09 June 19 at 17:29
Wow...

I got the £1 for 3-months promo offer for Game Pass in May, plus 12 months of Live.

Just paid another £1 for Ultimate Game Pass and am covered until September 2020.

That is insane value!
LAZY SHIKAMARUX
Posted on 09 June 19 at 17:36
SwordofWhedon said:
Shenmue 1/2 is now on Windows store and included. Can’t tell yet if there’s a seperate achievement list because the club isn’t working but looking promising

What’s weird is it wanted me to install an insider build to play

Signing up through windows store isn’t live yet
Both games BSOD my PC after I select them in the launcher, so there's no way for me to tell if they implemented achievements. I fully updated so IDK if this is a Sega mess up or something else since I've booted up other games in the games pass selection just fine.
I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it. - Bill Gates.
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 09 June 19 at 18:22
Erathia96 said:
CLARION 85 said:
anyone can install those games on pc? i tried it but i cant install these new games
I had the same problem.

What's that update? It shows my Win10 PC is up to date.
This space for rent.
Jdobem
Jdobem
Posted on 09 June 19 at 18:36
Hotline Miami is now included too, no achievements for now at least...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hotline-miami/9ppcs86ws28z...
J
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 09 June 19 at 19:02
AnyBanterAbout said:
R3f1CuL said:
AnyBanterAbout said:
Hope Metro Exodus gets added to the Game Pass for Xbox soon as well smile
This is what im screaming! Kinda mad they get it and we don't, like what are we chopped liver? lol
laugh hopefully it's just a matter of time.
It is available on Xbox as well, at least it seems to me. Search for it in the store, I can install it.
Fear is the mindkiller.
ImpendingOrphan
Posted on 09 June 19 at 19:19
Erathia96 said:
CLARION 85 said:
I had the same problem.

I installed that update but it seemed to cause issues with my video card as it wouldn't detect the driver. I had to revert back to the previous update but not sure if anyone else is getting this issue?
NutriWhip
NutriWhip
Posted on 09 June 19 at 19:43
I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 but it's not letting me install any of these new games. I keep getting an 80070005 error. Anyone else getting this too?
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 09 June 19 at 21:48
Lots of stacks... And lots of comments confirming why I left PC gaming laugh
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
SwordofWhedon
SwordofWhedon
Posted on 09 June 19 at 22:34
Shenmue 1/2 has a new stack, I popped, but the achievements aren’t showing in the apps yet
SwordofWhedon
SwordofWhedon
Posted on 09 June 19 at 22:36
Download update assistant to bypass the queue for the update. Then download the Xbox game pass app
Mental Knight 5
Posted on 09 June 19 at 23:54
lol Pony Island, really? That game was hilarious(ly weird) on Steam! laugh
LAZY SHIKAMARUX
Posted on 10 June 19 at 00:45, Edited on 10 June 19 at 00:57 by LAZY SHIKAMARUX
SwordofWhedon said:
Shenmue 1/2 has a new stack, I popped, but the achievements aren’t showing in the apps yet
Well after finding out that I keep getting bluescreens because the game hated that I had another game in my DVD drive (Yay crappy Japanese PC ports!), I got the same result, got a pop but nothing on my tag. Sega or MS must of not uploaded the list. Either way confirmed stack.

Edit: Problem came back, IDK at this point lol.
I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it. - Bill Gates.
SID 6581
SID 6581
Posted on 10 June 19 at 00:46
Does anyone know if you can set a "home" PC like you can with the Xbox so anyone else who plays on the PC can play the games too?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.