Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass For PC is Available Now – For £4 in the UK and $5 in the US

AuthorMessage
rad fad
rad fad
Posted on 10 June 19 at 00:50
So this may be a dumb question but I've never been a PC gamer...this has got me a little curious. But would I need to go out and buy some badass gaming PC to get started, would like a laptop or tablet work? What would be good for a starter?
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 10 June 19 at 02:13
rad fad said:
So this may be a dumb question but I've never been a PC gamer...this has got me a little curious. But would I need to go out and buy some badass gaming PC to get started, would like a laptop or tablet work? What would be good for a starter?
It would depend on the game minimum/recommended requirements and what you are okay with.

I am far from an aficionado when it comes to PC parts and gaming on PC, but if you browse various PC subreddits, you should be able to find some great builds at affordable prices.

https://old.reddit.com/r/buildapc/

https://old.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

https://old.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds
Freakris
Freakris
Posted on 10 June 19 at 05:20
Yes, finally some more PC games with achievements. Hopefully even more stacks coming down the line.
kd rio 007
kd rio 007
Posted on 10 June 19 at 07:24
Is anybody having issues getting only the C Drive to install to? My entire store is acting fucky
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 10 June 19 at 08:25
SwordofWhedon said:
There’s nothing wrong with the windows store. PC game pass went live early and everything isn’t quite propagated yet
There's loads wrong with it. Just read some of the posts in this thread for a start. Just because you personally haven't encountered problems, yet, doesn't mean the problems aren't real for lots of others.
VixyNyan
VixyNyan
Posted on 10 June 19 at 08:27
Bless them for adding The Messenger (Win 10) and Broforce (Win 10) , both being very awesome 2D games~ toast
Fight, VixyNyan~! For Everlasting Love & Snuggles~!
Agent Fritz
Agent Fritz
Posted on 10 June 19 at 08:31
Broforce and The Messenger don't appear to be UWP apps, i'm guessing that's why we need the latest update to install them.
MuttleyGriffin
Posted on 10 June 19 at 09:33
NutriWhip said:
I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 but it's not letting me install any of these new games. I keep getting an 80070005 error. Anyone else getting this too?
Yup, having this issue with Metro Exodus. It's downloaded all data and is at 100% but it's just sat with an error.

I've reported it as feedback.
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 10 June 19 at 14:11
Read the OP and download the update. It takes a looooong time to update so be warned.

I'm actually surprised Minecraft and AOE were not on the list. I guess they're slotted to be added sometime in the future. Probably right before other titles in that IP are due out.
This space for rent.
Arkeydia
Arkeydia
Posted on 10 June 19 at 15:30
supkris said:
I dont know why existing subscribers gets nothing always. After all they are supporting all your initiatives right from beginning. Ideally existing users should get first month for free on pc. Instead they are not even offered the 1 dollar promo and have to pay full price. Totally illogical
Idk if you actually tried this but when I converted to Game Pass Ultimate, it literally just added all of my time for Game Pass + Gold together and I'm covered for all three now through 2022. So I paid a dollar for the first month of Ultimate, it converted everything and now I have no recurring charges for 3 years.
SPACE ODDITY
SPACE ODDITY
Posted on 10 June 19 at 15:49
NutriWhip said:
I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 but it's not letting me install any of these new games. I keep getting an 80070005 error. Anyone else getting this too?
I was getting this error when trying to download and install the new Windows 10 1903 update. The only way I could successfully do the 1903 update is by uninstall my 3rd party internet security (Kaspersky)
QUAKE 4 Number One GRAW Solo Number OneT
IXI FalcoN
IXI FalcoN
Posted on 10 June 19 at 16:22
If you're interested in ultimate now is a great time to jump in because not only is there the $1 deal going on, but it converts your total subscription time from gold + regular game pass to ultimate. The max is 36 months. I had 11 months combined and added 24 months of gold + the 1 month you get for upgrading to ultimate brought me to 36. I now have ultimate until June 9 2022.

The conversion is only 1:1 BEFORE you do the upgrade. So to capitalize on the deal, load up on 35 months of gold + regular game pass and then upgrade. This is a huge savings in the long run as even if you have no gold at all you can buy 36 months at full price for $180 and come out with 36 months of ultimate - which is $540 at full price.
TheWelshScot
TheWelshScot
Posted on 10 June 19 at 21:39
alot of the pc titles dont have achievements... this blows :( it should state on the store when browsing if achievements are in each game to save me downloading crap just to delete it when theres no cheevos
Judge
Judge
Posted on 11 June 19 at 04:12
TheWelshScot said:
alot of the pc titles dont have achievements... this blows :( it should state on the store when browsing if achievements are in each game to save me downloading crap just to delete it when theres no cheevos
It does. Theres a property right on the marketplace page that says "xbox live achievements". If you don't see that then it doesn't have it. Another sign is that it will says "Xbox Live" above the game's name
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 11 June 19 at 04:17
IXI FalcoN said:
If you're interested in ultimate now is a great time to jump in because not only is there the $1 deal going on, but it converts your total subscription time from gold + regular game pass to ultimate. The max is 36 months. I had 11 months combined and added 24 months of gold + the 1 month you get for upgrading to ultimate brought me to 36. I now have ultimate until June 9 2022.

The conversion is only 1:1 BEFORE you do the upgrade. So to capitalize on the deal, load up on 35 months of gold + regular game pass and then upgrade. This is a huge savings in the long run as even if you have no gold at all you can buy 36 months at full price for $180 and come out with 36 months of ultimate - which is $540 at full price.
I was wondering if it worked like this, thanks for the confirmation. I might as well stock up and convert, no reason not to...
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
V8 Punk
Posted on 11 June 19 at 12:42
TinSigmund666 said:
So. Windows 10 games got seperate achievements? :)
Only those with (Win10) in the title have separate achievements right now. I downloaded Ark for PC but it just synced to my xbox, which means no new cheevos.
chipi04
chipi04
Posted on 12 June 19 at 13:40
No achievementes in most games angry, for example, no achievements in Banner Saga or Into the Breach
Freakris
Freakris
Posted on 12 June 19 at 17:00
chipi04 said:
No achievementes in most games angry, for example, no achievements in Banner Saga or Into the Breach
Yeah, it really sucks.

Some more games with no achievements:

Crosscode
Hollow Knight
Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption
Valkyria Chronicles
Vampyr
Void Bastards
Wizard of Legend
MrNazule
MrNazule
Posted on 20 June 19 at 06:00
is hellblade the xbox copy or the win 10 I can't tell.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 20 June 19 at 06:29
MrNazule said:
is hellblade the xbox copy or the win 10 I can't tell.
Windows 10.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.