Site Wishlist Forum

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Green marks on Game Pass/EA Access pages

AuthorMessage
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 10 June 19 at 18:46
Hello everyone,

Sometimes, when the Xbox Game Pass goes on sales, I subscribe to it. I like to go to the Game Pass page to check and sort the list to see what would be the next I do. Unfortunately, it is not visible which game I've already done or not.

So my suggestion is that it would be very useful to color the lines of the games done at 100%. Juste like in the 'my game collection', for example.

Of course it stands too for the EA Access page, and maybe some other pages I'm not familiar with.

I hope this could be possible.

Thanks for letting me know.
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 07 August 19 at 23:46
No-one? Please?
BetaSigX20
BetaSigX20
Posted on 08 August 19 at 02:22
It's not exactly what you're asking for, but if you've marked yourself as a Game Pass subscriber, can't you accomplish much the same thing from your "My Game Collection" page?

Open the "View and Filter" menu, and under "Categories" choose Xbox Game Pass. You can also set the other filters to not show completed games at all, or sort by completion percentage, or whatever you want.
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 08 August 19 at 04:38
No I can't do this way, because when I go to 'My game collection' and select the 'Game Pass' filter, it shows all the titles I own that are/once were in the program, and not the ones I'm willing to do.

I just want all the game lists on the site to be harmonized. What I can see on my game collection should/must be as clear in any other game list. Seeing finished games in my game collection but not in the Game Pass list is not normal/logical. Same thing with the EA Pass or any other lists.
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 08 August 19 at 04:53
vegansound said:
No I can't do this way, because when I go to 'My game collection' and select the 'Game Pass' filter, it shows all the titles I own that are/once were in the program, and not the ones I'm willing to do.

I just want all the game lists on the site to be harmonized. What I can see on my game collection should/must be as clear in any other game list. Seeing finished games in my game collection but not in the Game Pass list is not normal/logical. Same thing with the EA Pass or any other lists.
If anything seeing finished games in game collection is the abnormal thing, in almost all other situations where games are listed it doesn't do the same as it does in the collection. I agree with you wanting it to be unified, by removing that feature from game collection. Good suggestion.

In all seriousness no, it's not a personalised list and I don't think it should be, it's just a list.
GI Flagging Manager
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 08 August 19 at 14:32
I often choose my next game to play by looking to my game collection page or the Game Pass game list page, and sorting by ratio, from easy to hard. And that's annoying not seeing in one second which games I've finished or not, just like I do in my games collection.

If some people like you, Chin, don't wan't this feature, the solution can still exist. TA is great for proposing tons of filters, options, choices. We can make this feature as an option in the player's profile, just like we put by default which region we're from, the order of our friends list, etc.

Making it possible for who wants would be very appreciable. I guess that shouldn't be that hard as it's already active in the games collection page.
BetaSigX20
BetaSigX20
Posted on 08 August 19 at 20:42
vegansound said:
Have you clicked the green "I have Xbox Game Pass" button in the Subscription Manager box on the right side of the Game Pass page? If you do, it adds all Game Pass games to your collection, whether you've played them or not. You can toggle that setting on and off to add or remove those games you haven't played from your collection at any time.

Here's a screenshot of my Game Collection page, with all filters off other than Xbox Game Pass, sorted by Title. As you can see, it shows many games I haven't played yet. Isn't this basically what you're looking for (all the info in one place), or am I not understanding your request?
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 08 August 19 at 21:28
BetaSigX20 said:
Have you clicked the green "I have Xbox Game Pass" button in the Subscription Manager box on the right side of the Game Pass page? If you do, it adds all Game Pass games to your collection, whether you've played them or not. You can toggle that setting on and off to add or remove those games you haven't played from your collection at any time.

Here's a screenshot of my Game Collection page, with all filters off other than Xbox Game Pass, sorted by Title. As you can see, it shows many games I haven't played yet. Isn't this basically what you're looking for (all the info in one place), or am I not understanding your request?
Hello again, BetaSig. Thanks for the infos, I wasn't awared of, and didn't see this 'I have Xbox Game Pass' button before. That's a great step I did.

That's not exactly what I wanted, but you got the idea, it's close to my wish.

Here's what I was hoping for: on the Game Pass page, seeing done games (in this list, all are 100% finished) highlighted in green, as usually.

But you propose an alternative by including the Game Pass games directly in my Game Collection. That's interesting... but it has its flaws, like showing EVERY games in the Pass, even those I'll never start, and mainly, showing EVERY future games to be released, what makes a bad vision on my Game Collection when I sort by ratio... And there are almost two pages of them...

But I guess if TA staff do work on my suggestion, it'll do the job anyway...

Thanks, BetaSig.
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 08 August 19 at 21:30
I can see I can remove Game Pass titles from my collection ('Edit' button at the end of each game line), so I'll do that, and my dreams will (kind of) come true. compute
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 09 August 19 at 06:27
I'll talk to Rich about not adding unreleased titles from Game Pass to the Game Collections.
GI Flagging Manager
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 09 August 19 at 06:34
Thanks, Chin. Or he can but as an option in the filters. TA is all about filters. smile
Axwell D
Axwell D
Posted on 24 August 19 at 16:06
I just saw this post now, because I also opened a topic for this. I would also be very happy to add the possiblity of highlighting completed games green on any search tab not only the personal game collection. On genres with over 200 games on it like Point & Click, it would be awesome to directly know which are already completed to save time and have a better view on these lists.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.