Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

These 23 Backward Compatible Games Will Be The Last To Arrive on Xbox One

AuthorMessage
DocONally
DocONally
Posted on 12 June 19 at 13:07
No FEZ? Nooooo...
Extrema22
Extrema22
Posted on 12 June 19 at 13:47
Nice to see Enslaved, really great game. Was also hoping to start Remember Me on the One someday but ah well, guess I'll fire up the 360 again then
Grake 77
Grake 77
Posted on 12 June 19 at 13:59
Too human is currently free on Xbox.com
Algur
Algur
Posted on 12 June 19 at 14:20
RadiantViper said:
Ultamisia said:
BE WARNED!!!
Those old Xbox 1 games had DLC with them won't be accessible!! Even if you bought them back in the day, Ms are too fucking lazy to grab them from their old OG Xbox servers and re-upload them, this for sure includes:
- UC2 map and character packs
- Chaos Theory coop maps

i just spent an hour with a customer service rep from MS lying to me by saying it's the game company's fault that there's no DLCs, not that MS shutdown OG XBL servers on Xbox in 2010, thus locking the DLCs along with it. MS holds all DLC data until told other wise and none of those companies told them to remove it.
You should have done a little research before getting angry - they actually are adding back DLC for select titles.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xb...
It's cool that they're adding the DLC back. That might motivate me to make another run through KOTOR just to check out that store. Still, given that this is an announcement from two days ago, I wouldn't give someone crap for "not doing their research".
Jackimo1999
Jackimo1999
Posted on 12 June 19 at 14:36
WebDevil 666 said:
I think Microsoft should let us keep our Xbox ones for a bit longer. We don't need another console yet.
If someone from Microsoft breaks into your house and takes your Xbox One, please call the police. Otherwise, keep enjoying it. No one's forcing you to upgrade.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 12 June 19 at 14:48
Jackimo1999 said:
WebDevil 666 said:
I think Microsoft should let us keep our Xbox ones for a bit longer. We don't need another console yet.
If someone from Microsoft breaks into your house and takes your Xbox One, please call the police. Otherwise, keep enjoying it. No one's forcing you to upgrade.
laugh

@WebDevil
The next console won't force you to upgrade, generations are over, most of the games will release on your Xbox One, don't worry.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 12 June 19 at 14:55
SweetArkhane said:
Jackimo1999 said:
WebDevil 666 said:
laugh

@WebDevil
The next console won't force you to upgrade, generations are over, most of the games will release on your Xbox One, don't worry.
For now, wont take long for the games power requirements to exceed the current hardware, theres already games that struggle on the Fat Xbox One and even the S. Horizon 4 being one of them.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Ultamisia
Ultamisia
Posted on 12 June 19 at 14:56
RadiantViper said:
Ultamisia said:
BE WARNED!!!
Those old Xbox 1 games had DLC with them won't be accessible!! Even if you bought them back in the day, Ms are too fucking lazy to grab them from their old OG Xbox servers and re-upload them, this for sure includes:
- UC2 map and character packs
- Chaos Theory coop maps

i just spent an hour with a customer service rep from MS lying to me by saying it's the game company's fault that there's no DLCs, not that MS shutdown OG XBL servers on Xbox in 2010, thus locking the DLCs along with it. MS holds all DLC data until told other wise and none of those companies told them to remove it.
You should have done a little research before getting angry - they actually are adding back DLC for select titles.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xb...
Guess you're right. i don't spend enough time online reading articles.
Rista B
Rista B
Posted on 12 June 19 at 15:17
Wish Remember Me had made the list. Guess will have to knock that one out on the 360, got a few of those that I need to finish off. Guess that's a good goal for the balance of the year. Get my 360 out of service.
Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
SYst3M0FAd0Wnzz
Posted on 12 June 19 at 15:19
Wow they will regret this move, to not continue to make games backwards compatible is a shame. I still have a lot of Xbox 360 games to play through for achievements and it would increase that process of transferring over to the Xbox one by making 360 games backwards compatible so you don’t have to play them on the 360 anymore and it’s one less 360 game that you have to keep since it can be played on the Xbox One. I hope they change their minds and continue to put some of their efforts into making as many Xbox 360 games backwards compatible so we can have some of the old school gamers enticed to play older games on the next gen console.
SYst3M0FAd0Wnzz
Posted on 12 June 19 at 15:22
Side note, I like the enchanted arms, Peter Jackson’s King Kong, and unreal tournament 3 additions.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 12 June 19 at 16:30, Edited on 12 June 19 at 16:36 by SweetArkhane
Spilner said:
SweetArkhane said:
Jackimo1999 said:
WebDevil 666 said:
laugh

@WebDevil
For now, wont take long for the games power requirements to exceed the current hardware, theres already games that struggle on the Fat Xbox One and even the S. Horizon 4 being one of them.
Depends on the game, small indie games and even AA games can run on One/One S at 720p30, even sub 720 (like many 360 games) with nowadays Anti aliasing solutions.

EDIT: And don't forget the Switch, since the Switch is here (and less powerful than PS4/X1), multi platforms games that can run on the Switch, could run on X1/PS4.

Not mentionning games like Siege & Rocket League, who don't want to lose their player base.

EDIT2: I'm not saying that X1 will receive new games forever, just that until 2022 IMO it will get 99% of the releases. (And I hope for even more years)
Diesskay
Diesskay
Posted on 12 June 19 at 16:54
Grake 77 said:
Too human is currently free on Xbox.com
Thanks!
Apostle92627
Apostle92627
Posted on 12 June 19 at 17:31
Too bad no Maddens from 2004-2012 made it in. Or NFL 2k5. Those were vastly superior to current gen Maddens because of the create a team feature alone. But I understand why they never made it.

Oh well, at least I'm able to renew my created team vs. Packers rivalry in NBA 2k19, which has a proper create a team.

I also added the Rams and have the three times in the Pacific division to be rivals with the Lakers.
Falensarano
Falensarano
Posted on 12 June 19 at 17:53
Does anyone know if this means Enslaved’s DLC will become available worldwide again?
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 12 June 19 at 17:56
Apostle92627 said:
Too bad no Maddens from 2004-2012 made it in. Or NFL 2k5. Those were vastly superior to current gen Maddens because of the create a team feature alone. But I understand why they never made it.

Oh well, at least I'm able to renew my created team vs. Packers rivalry in NBA 2k19, which has a proper create a team.

I also added the Rams and have the three times in the Pacific division to be rivals with the Lakers.
I still have 2k5. Best football game ever made, to this day. Can only hope for 2k20!!
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 12 June 19 at 18:20
Spilner said:
SweetArkhane said:
Jackimo1999 said:
WebDevil 666 said:
laugh

@WebDevil
Not sure what you are on but I have a day one console and it runs Horizon 4 with no issues or slowdowns whatsoever. I can't really think of a single game I have that has to "struggle" to play anything for that matter.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 12 June 19 at 18:35
dlCHIEF58 said:
Spilner said:
SweetArkhane said:
Jackimo1999 said:
WebDevil 666 said:
laugh

@WebDevil
Not sure what you are on but I have a day one console and it runs Horizon 4 with no issues or slowdowns whatsoever. I can't really think of a single game I have that has to "struggle" to play anything for that matter.
Driven any of the new cars that can go over 300mph? Game struggles then, have a look at the forza reddit.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Algur
Algur
Posted on 12 June 19 at 18:37
dlCHIEF58 said:
Spilner said:
SweetArkhane said:
Jackimo1999 said:
WebDevil 666 said:
laugh

@WebDevil
Not sure what you are on but I have a day one console and it runs Horizon 4 with no issues or slowdowns whatsoever. I can't really think of a single game I have that has to {#}struggle{#} to play anything for that matter.
I've noticed some issues with mine slowing down on a few games.
OhhJustBQ
OhhJustBQ
Posted on 12 June 19 at 18:54
if only games would go on sale when they go BC
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.