Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

These 23 Backward Compatible Games Will Be The Last To Arrive on Xbox One

AuthorMessage
ElDiabloLoco90
Posted on 12 June 19 at 19:19
I'm actually quite excited for Unreal Championship 2. I still have my disc copy.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 12 June 19 at 19:39, Edited on 12 June 19 at 19:41 by HolyHalfDead
Spilner said:
Driven any of the new cars that can go over 300mph? Game struggles then, have a look at the forza reddit.
Yeah, it’s pretty bad. When you’re on the motorway, you are brought to a complete stop while it loads. When you do a long jump you get the same problem. Whilst it is annoying I accept it is pushing the hardware to the limit. If you have hundreds of cars in your garage it slows down, or displays the wrong images. Installing the game on a SSD can help.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 12 June 19 at 19:48, Edited on 12 June 19 at 19:54 by HolyHalfDead
SweetArkhane said:
EDIT2: I'm not saying that X1 will receive new games forever, just that until 2022 IMO it will get 99% of the releases. (And I hope for even more years)
You are very optimistic. That has never been true in the past. There are always at least 20 games on launch day that you can’t play on the previous console. By 2022 I expect less than half the games will get a duel console release. But perhaps I will be wrong, as things are a bit different this time.

I hope there are more games this time with a buy for Xbox One now, play on the next Xbox later. Since the Xbox One can recognise Xbox 360 discs, putting the XB1 disc in the next Xbox could allow you to play the enhanced version of the game.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 12 June 19 at 20:27, Edited on 12 June 19 at 20:32 by SweetArkhane
HolyHalfDead said:
SweetArkhane said:
EDIT2: I'm not saying that X1 will receive new games forever, just that until 2022 IMO it will get 99% of the releases. (And I hope for even more years)
You are very optimistic. That has never been true in the past. There are always at least 20 games on launch day that you can’t play on the previous console. By 2022 I expect less than half the games will get a duel console release. But perhaps I will be wrong, as things are a bit different this time.

I hope there are more games this time with a buy for Xbox One now, play on the next Xbox later. Since the Xbox One can recognise Xbox 360 discs, putting the XB1 disc in the next Xbox could allow you to play the enhanced version of the game.
The gap between X1 & the X1X (same goes for Scarlett) is not as huge as it was between previous consoles.
Well, you could tell me that on the GPU side, going from 1.6 Tflops to 6 or even more (12?) seems huge, but it's only used to raise the resolution so...
On the CPU side however, even if they have said that they were going to upgrade (Zen 2 CPU finally), only a part of console games had a bottleneck on this side.

The key part is RAM, many devs said that if 360 had 1GB of RAM (same goes for PS3), it could have lasted longer.

Now yes I'm optimistic, because it needs optimisation, but using assets and textures not in High to Ultra quality (talking in PC settings) could help with streaming issues (when you don't have an SSD which helps but not as much as that). Using sub 720 with TAA or checkerboard, dynamic res, could help with GPU usage. The only bottleneck remains in the CPU I agree, but I hope X1 will not be abandonned so fast (and as I said, Switch is here, less powerful than X1 & PS4, so if a game releases on Switch, why not on old X1 & PS4?).

But, let's say they "abandon" PS4 & X1, I hope they won't do the same for PS4 Pro & X1X, because it would be a shame that a console released not so long ago would become useless so fast :/
KilldbyNecropsy
Posted on 12 June 19 at 20:55
Quite a few games on this list I’ve been waiting on. Good news.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 12 June 19 at 22:19
Algur said:
RadiantViper said:
Ultamisia said:
BE WARNED!!!
Those old Xbox 1 games had DLC with them won't be accessible!! Even if you bought them back in the day, Ms are too fucking lazy to grab them from their old OG Xbox servers and re-upload them, this for sure includes:
- UC2 map and character packs
- Chaos Theory coop maps

i just spent an hour with a customer service rep from MS lying to me by saying it's the game company's fault that there's no DLCs, not that MS shutdown OG XBL servers on Xbox in 2010, thus locking the DLCs along with it. MS holds all DLC data until told other wise and none of those companies told them to remove it.
You should have done a little research before getting angry - they actually are adding back DLC for select titles.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xb...
It's cool that they're adding the DLC back. That might motivate me to make another run through KOTOR just to check out that store. Still, given that this is an announcement from two days ago, I wouldn't give someone crap for {#}not doing their research{#}.
I mean, it's literally the source of this article's info. Not exactly hard to find. And he was spreading blatant misinformation as if it was fact, so I think my response was appropriate.
SwordofWhedon
SwordofWhedon
Posted on 13 June 19 at 04:19
@holyhalfdead

As has been stated many times, generations are over

They used to design a new system from scratch, every aspect

Everything is x86 AMD octacore

There are tens of millions of Xbox Ones out there

They aren’t stopping support any time soon. In fact, I’m betting you’ll see exclusive levels or modes that require an X or Scarlett long before you see original X1 dropped from support.
wookieepuppy
wookieepuppy
Posted on 13 June 19 at 06:14
X1s £190
X1x £360
X1scar £500/600

X1s is , and will continue to be , the biggest seller, and source of income and focus for MS.
The Scarlett is not going to be MS’s bread and butter,but,as a technology company they have to continually push themselves and the market.

I mean, VW make the Bugatti Chiron , but 99% of their sales and revenue is from polos and golfs, innit!

Don’t panic!
StarlinX
StarlinX
Posted on 13 June 19 at 06:34
CanadianWhizKid said:
Wonder what that means for Games with Gold going forward then. Surely they will still have those BC when they are available.

Unless I’m mistaken and those games are not always guaranteed to be BC.
With the next gen consoles announced, there won't be much longer until Xbox One games become the BC Games with Gold titles.
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 13 June 19 at 09:15
wookieepuppy said:
I mean, VW make the Bugatti Chiron , but 99% of their sales and revenue is from polos and golfs, innit!
A bit skewed comparing a $600 console to a $3,000,000 supercar. wink

And in a world where people buy a new $900 smartphone every year or two, a $600 console isn't as "expensive" as it used to be...
nightw0lf
nightw0lf
Posted on 13 June 19 at 10:30
Chakaal Starr said:
Maybe.. or maybe they will have a different solution like xcloud and it would be like you are playing a 360 remotely(or og) but using your scarlett box, phone, tablet or computer, and not bother with local emulation or disc compatibility if some of the skus don't have drives.
I don't know if you've seen some of the more detailed info about xCloud, but no, that's not how it'll work. The servers that enable xCloud are blades that essentially contain the contents of a bunch of Xbox Ones. That setup will allow them to run pretty much anything an Xbox One can run, which may include the 360 emulator, but it won't have the 360 internals. The architecture is far too different.

When it comes to Scarlett, it will basically just be an even more powerful Xbox One. Now that the consoles are pretty much just PCs, they can just use the current platform and operating systems (there are multiple in the XB1) and make improvements without having to start over. Someone mentioned an "Xbox One emulator", but that's not necessary. The same is true for Sony's plans to support PS4 games on PS5 - it's not really that difficult with the same basic architecture.
ocbdare
ocbdare
Posted on 13 June 19 at 10:54
I am hoping they are just putting it on hold until Scarlett comes out. They way it's worded may imply so. They are focusing on making sure every is compatible with Scarlett but when that comes out what is that team going to be focusing on? It also talks about bringing OG and 360 games to the "Xbox One" Catalogue.

Or might just be reading way too much into this and keeping up the false hope.
ReliantGung ho
Posted on 13 June 19 at 15:02
Kinda stunned about Battlefield 2 HD making it though. shock
I'm sad these game won't be added. cry

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Metal Slug 3
Max Payne 3
Dead Rising (Xbox 360)
F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon
F.E.A.R. Files
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Greed Corp
Alpha Protocol
Blitz: The League II
The Simpsons Game
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360)
The Bourne Conspiracy
SoulCalibur IV

Well, you can't win them all. compute
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 13 June 19 at 15:13
ReliantGung ho said:

Metal Slug 3
Max Payne 3
Dead Rising (Xbox 360)
F.E.A.R. Files
Greed Corp
Alpha Protocol
The Simpsons Game
The Bourne Conspiracy
SoulCalibur IV

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Now Backward Compatible
James12183
James12183
Posted on 13 June 19 at 16:47
Of course they wouldn't make Chronicles of Riddick backwards compatible. Now I guess I can stop hoping that they would now that I know it's not a possibility. lol.
James12183
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 13 June 19 at 17:47
ReliantGung ho said:

Metal Slug 3
Max Payne 3
Dead Rising (Xbox 360)
F.E.A.R. Files
Greed Corp
Alpha Protocol
The Simpsons Game
The Bourne Conspiracy
SoulCalibur IV

You do realize the MGS HD Collection went back-compat last summer starting with the Peace Walker disc and then the MGS 2 & 3 disc early in the fall, right? They've been back-compat for quite some time now, but you can't stream them through the Twitch app because Microsoft hates anyone streaming anything good unless it's on THEIR crapass Mixer app.
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
Santa 2512
Santa 2512
Posted on 13 June 19 at 18:29
King Kong, ?

Are they for real, Far far better games to go BC than this one
Tveilor
Tveilor
Posted on 13 June 19 at 18:58
All we need now is answers on what will happen to GwG. Will the games be all for Xbox One now or did they have BC games prepared for the lineups until scarlet or will we get repeats?
Feel free to add me as a friend here on TA
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 13 June 19 at 19:05
James12183 said:
Of course they wouldn't make Chronicles of Riddick backwards compatible. Now I guess I can stop hoping that they would now that I know it's not a possibility. lol.
I don't think they will stop BC program completely, when the Scarlett will release, they will continue, but the question is, will the next BC games will run on the Xbox One too?
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 13 June 19 at 19:39
Tveilor said:
All we need now is answers on what will happen to GwG. Will the games be all for Xbox One now or did they have BC games prepared for the lineups until scarlet or will we get repeats?
I have absolutely 0 evidence to support this but I would guess they'll leave it as is for a while after Scarlett launches then combine the 360/One library and do 1 or 2 Scarlett games and 1 or 2 OG/360/One games. Hopefully they keep it at 4 games
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.