Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

These 23 Backward Compatible Games Will Be The Last To Arrive on Xbox One

AuthorMessage
x 924Carrera x
Posted on 13 June 19 at 22:53
Glad to see Syndicate on here. I enjoyed playing through most of the co-op with my friend back in the day, but never quite finished it, so now we might. Too bad Binary Domain never made the program...it's my last non BC 360 game that I haven't yet played.
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 14 June 19 at 01:19
nightw0lf said:
Chakaal Starr said:
Maybe.. or maybe they will have a different solution like xcloud and it would be like you are playing a 360 remotely(or og) but using your scarlett box, phone, tablet or computer, and not bother with local emulation or disc compatibility if some of the skus don't have drives.
I don't know if you've seen some of the more detailed info about xCloud, but no, that's not how it'll work. The servers that enable xCloud are blades that essentially contain the contents of a bunch of Xbox Ones. That setup will allow them to run pretty much anything an Xbox One can run, which may include the 360 emulator, but it won't have the 360 internals. The architecture is far too different.

When it comes to Scarlett, it will basically just be an even more powerful Xbox One. Now that the consoles are pretty much just PCs, they can just use the current platform and operating systems (there are multiple in the XB1) and make improvements without having to start over. Someone mentioned an {#}Xbox One emulator{#}, but that's not necessary. The same is true for Sony's plans to support PS4 games on PS5 - it's not really that difficult with the same basic architecture.
The gist of what I was getting at is that bc to systems before x1 could be a cloud solution in some form(versus a customized emulator attaching to each game) because they are pretty focused on cloud stuff this upcoming generation and giving the choice of what to play on (not just consoles). Microsoft has the capability to approach this a number of ways, they aren't a mom and pop shop. My particular comment was just about bc, and potential use of cloud in some form, that's why i said it would be like you were playing a 360 remotely, rather than that you were actually playing a 360 remotely. I imagine the smoother stuff play on non console devices, the more gamepass subs they will sell, and I think they are very interested in this because draws new people into their ecosystem.

When I commented before about them pulling the bc team so early to work on xb1 to scarlett bc, I indicated something along the lines of how close the current ones are to PCs and it seemed to me like they may have other plans that were different than how current bc worked. I am just speculating that microsoft might have some tricks up their sleeves for how some portions could work, and I could see them filling in some gaps with streaming. I wouldn't be surprised even with xb scarlett games if you buy it and start playing instantly via streaming as it downloads the content(if your internet is good enough) because it was a pain point this generation to buy and have to wait. They improved it slightly, but they are going to have to counter what stadia is claiming. Though, maybe they won't even store locally, and just use the ssd for the OS, will find out I guess. In holiday 2020, you can resurrect the dead thread and point out that was either exactly like the current bc process or tell me I was partially or bang on and that was how you figured it would be anyway.
ReliantGung ho
Posted on 14 June 19 at 01:41
SweetArkhane said:
ReliantGung ho said:
Kinda stunned about Battlefield 2 HD making it though. shock
I'm sad these game won't be added. cry

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Metal Slug 3
Max Payne 3
Dead Rising (Xbox 360)
F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon
F.E.A.R. Files
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Greed Corp
Alpha Protocol
Blitz: The League II
The Simpsons Game
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360)
The Bourne Conspiracy
SoulCalibur IV

Well, you can't win them all. compute
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Now Backward Compatible
I stand corrected on MGS HD. Nice!
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 14 June 19 at 08:55
Santa 2512 said:
King Kong, ?

Are they for real, Far far better games to go BC than this one
Far worse ones, too.

Don't know why the game has such a low rating on this site. Metacritic score is 8/10 and user ratings 7.6/10. Which is pretty much in line with my memory of playing it on PC a few years back. Was a fun game and I got it again for Xbox for a quick and easy completion. In other words, happy about it going BC.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 14 June 19 at 20:13
I personally couldn't stand King Kong. It was just too boring for me. The Kong parts were alright I guess, but the Jack parts were dreadful.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Dontasciime
Dontasciime
Posted on 14 June 19 at 23:08, Edited on 14 June 19 at 23:09 by Dontasciime
Whatever happened to the "The developer just has to make a small change"
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 15 June 19 at 00:12
Dontasciime said:
Whatever happened to the {#}The developer just has to make a small change{#}
They said the publisher only had to give permission and they did the rest
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 15 June 19 at 00:40
KenH2k4 said:
Dontasciime said:
Whatever happened to the "The developer just has to make a small change"
That's what they said, yet everything SKA Studios made for the 360 was published by Microsoft and had their blessings to make BC,

https://twitter.com/skastudios/status/1070740410987769856?s=...

Yet none of the games made it. Seems odd.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 15 June 19 at 02:21
Elyoh said:
KenH2k4 said:
Dontasciime said:
Whatever happened to the {#}The developer just has to make a small change{#}
That's what they said, yet everything SKA Studios made for the 360 was published by Microsoft and had their blessings to make BC,

Yeah definitely. There are tons of MS published games that didn't go either. I would assume they already had permission to make their own games BC. I'm hoping the rest go BC on Scarlett
Jackimo1999
Jackimo1999
Posted on 15 June 19 at 03:34
There’s more factors at play. The publishers wouldn’t have the ability to grant an all-encompassing go-ahead for most games as they would use IP from third parties. Racing games were some of the rarest seen on BC, at least older ones. Between soundtrack and cars, there’s a lot of lawyers to get involved with any sort of re-release. Even for games that don’t use the IP of real-world companies to flesh out their existing one, there’s game engines, distributors, and possibly former employees who have to give approval. Even if all that goes fine, Microsoft still has limited manpower and has to prioritise.
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 15 June 19 at 09:18
Elyoh said:
everything SKA Studios made for the 360 was published by Microsoft and had their blessings to make BC,

Maybe no one asked for these titles? I mean, that Twitter post had a whole 2 likes.

Charlie Murder does have quite a few players on this site. But the rest... not so much.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 15 June 19 at 09:22
SilentJay76 said:
Elyoh said:
everything SKA Studios made for the 360 was published by Microsoft and had their blessings to make BC,

Maybe no one asked for these titles? I mean, that Twitter post had a whole 2 likes.

Charlie Murder does have quite a few players on this site. But the rest... not so much.
Tried Charlie Murder once, was meh.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 15 June 19 at 21:48
Just an FYI, but Too Human is also offering up the preorder armor sets DLC for free as well. Saw that today.
ZacEfren42
ZacEfren42
Posted on 17 June 19 at 07:25
There goes my hope of getting any 360 Transformers and Gundam games playable on Xbox One. I guess I just need to buy a 360 since my old one stopped working years ago.
BijEARyCHOx47
Posted on 18 June 19 at 04:41
My dream GWG is Splinter Cell Trilogy, King Kong and Unreal Tournament 3.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.