Posted on 13 June 19 at 17:15
vanninman said:
class action think it would win.
Absolutely ridiculous. Grow up you idiot
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 13 June 19 at 17:58, Edited on 13 June 19 at 18:13 by HolyHalfDead
FullNietzsche said:
The game was originally described by PG as the most authentic open world driving game ever.

The fact is that owners of the main game are still forced to experience the Lego cars, even if they do not own the DLC. This breaks immersion.

An 'expansion' is understood to expand the game in the same vein of the main game, not to make it de facto something completely different.
I guess it was the beginning of the end of Forza for some poeple when the Warthog was first added. I'm sure some players hate me when I turn up in a Quartz.

Yes, the road signs look just like the ones in the UK, and the amount it rains. But the minute they put concrete tunnels in the middle of race tracks they broke the immersion. Motorsport has it's dangers, but they try and make the cars and the tracks as safe as possible. If they claimed this game was supposed to be realistic, then I agree that they have mislead people who had not played any of the previous Horizon games, or seen a review before purchasing it.

Some of my favourite Xbox game expansions have been nothing like the the base game:
The Curse of the Pharaohs for Assassin's Creed Origins
Hot Wheels for Forza Horizon 3
Old World Blues for Fallout: New Vegas, Mothership Zeta for Fallout 3 or any of the other weird and wonderful expansions
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Epic Louie
Epic Louie
Posted on 13 June 19 at 18:40
I just started the dlc. I love it.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
AllStarTC29sMom
Posted on 13 June 19 at 18:47
Where can I find it in game? It’s not like Fortune Island where there’s a tab for me.
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 13 June 19 at 18:50
My base game has updated... and now has Lego loading screens to replace the old ones.
AllStarTC29sMom
Posted on 13 June 19 at 19:09
Had to hard reset console to force update. Thanks.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 13 June 19 at 23:04, Edited on 13 June 19 at 23:13 by planting42
vanninman said:
The simple fact of it is this it not what a lot of us wanted so it is not we brought. We wanted and purchased a realistic looking open world with realistic looking cars. Extreme example but imagine buying a windows device being happy with it then getting an update that turns it in to an android . Microsoft and Playground have to rectify this it is not up to us to live with it, on the main map at least . saw a comment class action think it would win.
Hot Wheels in FH3 didn't learn you anything? Sorry, no sympathy here. I mean, its not like you didn't play Hot Wheels... I see you completed FH3. You should have expected this was coming.

Your idea of 'realistic looking open world' game lost itself with the big air, the smashes and the rest of the zaniness that is Horizon.
GrawlNL
GrawlNL
Posted on 13 June 19 at 23:18
I'm loving the DLC so far. Hot Wheels never got me interested and I'm dreading to finish it, but I can see myself 100%ing this in the next few days.
Cherry Sparkles
Posted on 14 June 19 at 06:28
I've just played it 13 hrs solid and I've hardly scratched the surface, such a good DLC with so much to do. Love it!
planchetflaw
planchetflaw
Posted on 14 June 19 at 06:35
The only bad thing about this DLC aside from the 5.5gb update on top of the 5.5gb dlc download (11gb total, ugh) is the whining.

The DLC is great. Give it a chance. This game was never realistic! Let's see:

1. Open public road street racing festival
2. Fast and Furious DLC/Stand alone (lol)
3. Hot Wheels
4. Stealing people's cars from their old garages
5. Jumping off cliffs
6. Illegitimate businesses
7. Owning public property
8. No police presence
9. Capture the flag/tag/zombie lol
10. Public property destruction being rewarded
11. Blimp for commercial activity below minimum flight height
Etc. Etc. Lego fits in perfectly with this fantasy world.

If you want a realistic car game, you have Forza Motorsport. Horizon was made specifically to make a fantasy element to the series. To make a non-serious casual racing game. They have provided this.

Moral of the story? Buying a blind bag and complaining about the contents says more about the blind bag buyer than the blind bag.
Moogourou
Moogourou
Posted on 14 June 19 at 12:23
I'm really happy they made a LEGO DLC for Forza 4, as a LEGO fan, it's the best crossover I could have wished.

Maybe people complaining would prefer another boring Porsche add-on, but the LEGO Valley offers a lot more fun. Thanks Playground Games.
IAteA11ThePies
Posted on 14 June 19 at 14:04
HolyHalfDead said:
... the minute they put concrete tunnels in the middle of race tracks they broke the immersion. Motorsport has it's dangers, but they try and make the cars and the tracks as safe as possible.
Ever heard of Circuit de Monaco? It has a tunnel, and it's one of the most famous race tracks in the world.

It's not the only F1 track to have a tunnel either, though the reasons against having tunnels on racetracks are solid.
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 14 June 19 at 19:16, Edited on 14 June 19 at 19:17 by Schinderdiv
Class action lawsuit? Over some LEGO cars in an unrealistic game?

Moogourou said:
I'm really happy they made a LEGO DLC for Forza 4, as a LEGO fan, it's the best crossover I could have wished.

Maybe people complaining would prefer another boring Porsche add-on, but the LEGO Valley offers a lot more fun. Thanks Playground Games.
This is exactly how I feel. I used to own some of the Speed Champions sets, so I think they treated the property greatly with FH.

Hell, even though I hated the theme of the Hot Wheels expansion (I never liked those orange plastic tracks as a kid, they were so unimaginative and boring), I still found even it to be fun enough.

There's another great example of breaking immersion too, even in the base game - you can have people driving around in the Bone Shaker, for example. Which is a toy smaller than a LEGO set. Now you have Hot Wheels and LEGO driving around together, oh the humanity! laugh
If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 14 June 19 at 21:44
IAteA11ThePies said:
HolyHalfDead said:
... the minute they put concrete tunnels in the middle of race tracks they broke the immersion. Motorsport has it's dangers, but they try and make the cars and the tracks as safe as possible.
Ever heard of Circuit de Monaco? It has a tunnel, and it's one of the most famous race tracks in the world.

It's not the only F1 track to have a tunnel either, though the reasons against having tunnels on racetracks are solid.
I was talking about the concrete pipes about as wide as a car. Approach that in real life at 200mph and be a foot out and it’s game over.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Dakrkplayer2
Dakrkplayer2
Posted on 14 June 19 at 23:08
To OP. This girl having a blast with LEGO DLC. I thought this theme wouldntvworkninbthis IP. But PG prove me wrong.
XBOX 4 LIFE
Dakrkplayer2
Dakrkplayer2
Posted on 14 June 19 at 23:19
By the way OP. Enjoy your prema banned. Because it against the TOS to sue MS with a lawsuit.
XBOX 4 LIFE
Bacavoit
Bacavoit
Posted on 15 June 19 at 04:03
I continue to open this thread just to laugh lol
Baca
NapalmNiko
NapalmNiko
Posted on 15 June 19 at 11:56
Where are the coffeeshops and the tables for the challenges ? Please msg me
Greetings Niko
SpeedForce84
SpeedForce84
Posted on 15 June 19 at 15:35
HolyHalfDead said:
IAteA11ThePies said:
HolyHalfDead said:

I was talking about the concrete pipes about as wide as a car. Approach that in real life at 200mph and be a foot out and it’s game over.
True, but you also wouldn’t have any sanctioned motorsport event that featured 200+ metre jumps. I mean, I get it, different people want different things out of the same game, but I don’t think that Horizon has ever been about the utmost in realism. A certain level of realism? Yes, but I do think that they want to create something less technical in the Horizon series.
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 15 June 19 at 17:02, Edited on 15 June 19 at 17:02 by Stevo6483
FullNietzsche said:
The game was originally described by PG as the most authentic open world driving game ever.

The fact is that owners of the main game are still forced to experience the Lego cars, even if they do not own the DLC. This breaks immersion.

An 'expansion' is understood to expand the game in the same vein of the main game, not to make it de facto something completely different.
Is this even true? I've not played it yet but I was under the impression that you can take your normal cars into the Lego map, but not the other way around - therefore not forcing anyone to experience it if they don't want to.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.