Game Discussion: Forza Horizon 4

Re Lego update Forza Horizon 4.

• Posted on 15 June 19 at 18:11, Edited on 15 June 19 at 18:14 by CraigDigsTrains
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, but...
    You realize you are the troll in this case, right? The guy can have an opinion.

That said I am not a big fan of the DLC but a lawsuit is baseless.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead783,297
    Posted on 15 June 19 at 18:43, Edited on 15 June 19 at 18:54 by HolyHalfDead
    racecaraz said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    With just 5 posts on TA and by starting a thread with such an OTT opinion, their post was designed to provoke a lot of responses. Plus the fact they haven’t posted any further responses, just makes me feel we have been trolled.

The content of the DLC itself is one of the best they have done. I wonder how people would have reacted if they hadn’t used LEGO (although we wouldn’t have had other fun elements such as time limited collectables from outer space).

Although I bought the McLaren Senna LEGO model yesterday when I saw it in a sale, and I ordered the Dodge Charger/Challenger set. First LEGO I have bought in over 20 years!
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 15 June 19 at 18:53
    HolyHalfDead said:
    racecaraz said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    With just 5 posts on TA and by starting a thread with such an OTT opinion, their post was designed to provoke a lot of responses. Plus the fact they haven’t posted any further responses, just makes me feel we have been trolled.

The content of the DLC itself is one of the best they have done. I wonder how people would have reacted if they hadn’t used LEGO (although we wouldn’t have had time limited collectables from outer space).

Although I bought the McLaren Senna LEGO model yesterday when I saw it in a sale. First LEGO I have bought in over 20 years!
    I think he’s just majorly disappointed (to the point of hopefully calling others into action). Honestly I am as well (not to the same degree clearly) but also realize many people will like it. To each their own.

I would actually purchase a LEGO model Senna too. And other than for my children it’s been many (more redface) years as well. Cheers toast
  • Posted on 15 June 19 at 19:09
    Just to clearify my take on it. I don’t have an issue with them using LEGO as a theme per se. I just feel like the races, events , roads etc are very similar to what we already have. They just get a LEGO look. There are so few LEGO cars and when racing the AI they could at least race LEGO cars also. I mean I am happy we can still pick any car to race but again it just feels like a more colorful extension to what we have. My two cents.
  • Posted on 15 June 19 at 20:04
    The expansion is awesome (pun intended). Yet it has its flaws. While I love the Lego look of the map and the Lego cars, I find it lazy to offer us only four Lego cars when there are 33 cars in Lego Speed Champions sets. That just blows. Even worse is you cant build anything yourself and customizing options are limited to color, my kids were kinda bummbed about that.
  • vanninmanvanninman77,129
    Posted on 15 June 19 at 21:11
    Ok only just realised this had any response for the thick headed REALISTIC LOOKING which is what this game was. This was the ONLY game I played since it released every day . updated my Xbox one s ( purchased for horizon 3 and played for 800 hours) to the X got a new tv just for this realistic looking game with realistic looking cars and played for over 1300 hours . Why because am a car guy own a 6 pack valiant charger in real life and 4 others. and sorry unless you are one of the 2% that have actually bothered to complete this game as well as FH3 before it you wont understand . think of your favourite game unless you are 10 years old and Lego is it . and imagine suddenly and without warning your REALISTIC LOOKING game is fundamentally changed forever wouldn't you be pissed off too .
    Posted on 15 June 19 at 21:19, Edited on 15 June 19 at 21:38 by vanninman
    To any of the actual fans will have seen me in convoy almost every week in the HEY WATCH THIS stream on the official Forza channels.

As for hot wheels a company that make mostly realistic looking models of real world cars and only got the expansion for the valiant charger .
    oh n sorry forgot the question mark in the comment have seen lol
  • Posted on 15 June 19 at 21:32
    Stevo6483 said:
    FullNietzsche said:
    The game was originally described by PG as the most authentic open world driving game ever.

The fact is that owners of the main game are still forced to experience the Lego cars, even if they do not own the DLC. This breaks immersion.

An 'expansion' is understood to expand the game in the same vein of the main game, not to make it de facto something completely different.
    Is this even true? I've not played it yet but I was under the impression that you can take your normal cars into the Lego map, but not the other way around - therefore not forcing anyone to experience it if they don't want to.
    Yes it's true, people with the DLC can use their Lego cars in the main game and everyone will see them.
    Posted on 15 June 19 at 21:42
    and even without installing the expansion the rest of the game has been legoised via an 8gb update.
  • Joel78Joel78985,062
    Posted on 15 June 19 at 22:58
    NapalmNiko said:
    Where are the coffeeshops and the tables for the challenges ? Please msg me
    Coffee Carts are on the beach, not sure where the tables are yet, I tried the ones in the city but they don't count.
  • Posted on 16 June 19 at 00:24
    SpeedForce84 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    ... the minute they put concrete tunnels in the middle of race tracks they broke the immersion. Motorsport has it's dangers, but they try and make the cars and the tracks as safe as possible.
    Ever heard of Circuit de Monaco? It has a tunnel, and it's one of the most famous race tracks in the world.

It's not the only F1 track to have a tunnel either, though the reasons against having tunnels on racetracks are solid.
    I was talking about the concrete pipes about as wide as a car. Approach that in real life at 200mph and be a foot out and it’s game over.
    True, but you also wouldn’t have any sanctioned motorsport event that featured 200+ metre jumps. I mean, I get it, different people want different things out of the same game, but I don’t think that Horizon has ever been about the utmost in realism. A certain level of realism? Yes, but I do think that they want to create something less technical in the Horizon series.
    200+ metres would be a world record. Current records for both cars and bikes are only a little over half that IIRC, with bikes landing longer jumps. Real drivers don't want to die doing the stupid stuff we do in FH games.
  • Posted on 16 June 19 at 00:36
    vanninman said:
    and even without installing the expansion the rest of the game has been legoised via an 8gb update.
    Have you even tried it? I see you don’t have any achievements in it yet so I am guessing that you may have not.

I see your very passionate in your dislike (that gamer pic tho angry) but maybe just try it.

I mean you can race your favorite cars the physics are the same (short of a few boosted ramps) breaking LEGOs is no different than breaking rock walls currently. Sure it’s colorful and there are LEGO guys waving at you, but man it plays the same.
    Posted on 16 June 19 at 02:26
    if you went out for a steak and were served baby food would you still eat it ?
  • Posted on 16 June 19 at 04:37, Edited on 16 June 19 at 15:29 by CraigDigsTrains
    vanninman said:
    Well, if I had prepaid for the steak, all my buddies at the table either liked it or said it wasn’t that bad and everything else from the restaurant was good... I’d give it a little nibble. At least that way I wouldn’t be a total hypocrite when I told everyone how awful it is.
  • Jackimo1999Jackimo1999141,091
    Posted on 16 June 19 at 13:37
    vanninman said:
    You didn't go out for steak. You preordered a food package hoping for steak and then cried because you got ice cream instead. If you want a realistic game, the Hot Wheels expansion, Halo Warthog, Quartz Regalia, and all the other over the top stuff that's been mentioned should have clued you in to the fact that this isn't for you. Forza Horzion used to be realistic. The whole premise was taking Forza realism and putting it in an open world setting. It sucks that the series has departed so much from what made it great in the first place, but this update actually brought back lot of what made the first game great to me. The challenges in this DLC are a taken directly from the 1000 Club, and I honestly think that if it weren't for the aesthetics of this update, this would be the best piece of DLC released for a racing game since the 1000 Club. If someone served me a steak and it was coloured bright purple, and everyone else said it was delicious, I would eat the steak because despite the aesthetics, it's really good.
    Posted on 17 June 19 at 02:37, Edited on 17 June 19 at 02:50 by vanninman
    Did not buy something unseen was the most realistic looking if had left the game I had the same and just added the children's add on would be one thing but adding the kiddie crap to main game is not on.
  • Jackimo1999Jackimo1999141,091
    Posted on 17 June 19 at 04:04
    vanninman said:
    How so? I'm yet to see any evidence of this 'legoisation'. There are three, soon to be four lego cars in the game. That's it.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv872,392
    Posted on 17 June 19 at 05:23
    vanninman said:
    Did not buy something unseen was the most realistic looking if had left the game I had the same and just added the children's add on would be one thing but adding the kiddie crap to main game is not on.
    Lolwut
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • QuickMythrilQuickMythril799,597
    Posted on 17 June 19 at 07:30
    ...but did you see how realistic the lego pieces looked?
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter1,994,897
    Posted on 17 June 19 at 08:31
    I've been playing it for the last week and it's really good fun. Had previously got a bit bored with it so, each to their own.

Title edited as it was a bit clickbait-y.
    Play nice!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads