Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Watch Dogs: Legion: 'Play As Anyone' Explained

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic646,222
  • ElyohElyoh1,099,630
    Posted on 12 June 19 at 10:10
    Honestly, this doesn't appeal to me at all. I prefer the more character based games, rather than whoever whenever.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,149,205
    Posted on 12 June 19 at 10:35
    Ah so of course the better people will be really hard to get.

Its still an intriguing new idea... other than my team mates possibly remembering that the cop i killed had a third cousin on his sisters side who was best friends with his dog and he now hates me.
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • Yummy BaklavaYummy Baklava1,016,636
    Posted on 12 June 19 at 11:37
    Holy shiznit this looks awesome! Still going to wait to complete the first two games before playing, but this will be a must.
  • RvDuinenRvDuinen135,954
    Posted on 12 June 19 at 11:49, Edited on 12 June 19 at 11:52 by RvDuinen
    I don't believe it. They don't talk about things like - if everyone in this London can be recruited, that means creating A LOT of unique missions, cutscenes and VO's (100s, 1000s, 10000s depending on how realistic they want to go) That is of course not going to happen. It also means, due to the permadeath stuff, that you can theoretically 'run out' of recruits when you have basically lost everyone.

So to make this mechanic work throughout a play through and prevent players from being unable to finish the game, new citizens need to be created. At one point, when no more pre-created, unique content is left, this has to be randomly generated by the system, after which we will start noticing loyalty mission we have already done before, voices that are very familiar, etc. I'm scared that when you reach this point, the game gets that same superficial Ubi feeling I get in ex. Far Cry - it's just the same thing over and over. What saves a game for me at that point, is story and cutscenes about unique characters I have come to care about in a good or bad way. I don't see that happening here.

Of course, I know, it's too early to tell, but I'm really skeptical at this point, even though the game does look amazing.
  • LockieLockie870,678
    Posted on 12 June 19 at 12:54
    The 'play as anyone' system reminds me of exactly how State of Decay 2 works, where you recruit people after checking their traits and control them to complete auto-generated missions with permadeath of course.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz649,319
    Posted on 12 June 19 at 15:14
    Spilner said:
    Ah so of course the better people will be really hard to get.

Its still an intriguing new idea... other than my team mates possibly remembering that the cop i killed had a third cousin on his sisters side who was best friends with his dog and he now hates me.
    I hate that dog. always have always will
  • Posted on 12 June 19 at 18:12
    Well as long as we're competent at playing video games I don't expect us to be losing more than ten people max.
  • JullianGGJullianGG994,140
    Posted on 12 June 19 at 19:50
    That Old Lady Tho...clap
    JuIIIian
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo328,723
    Posted on 12 June 19 at 21:20
    That’s a massive scope to undertake and yet if they can pull it off I know I’m going to get a few grannies on my team!
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads